Which gimbal setting do you use for walkabouts ?
726 5 2019-3-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
John Walker
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Which gimbal setting do you use for walkabouts (especially when corners need to be turned while videoing)  ?
2019-3-7
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thanks for the inquiry. We're sure that our valued DJI Forum members could share their tips on what gimbal settings would be useful in regards to this scenario. Please let us know if you have other concerns. Thank you for continued support.
2019-3-7
Use props
Wiz33
Second Officer
Flight distance : 35994 ft
  • >>>
United States

All depending on your pacing. If you are walking slowly and take the time for slow turns, then the slow follow  should work and was what I use for most of my trip in Asia. But if you're walking in a group and following their pacing, you might want to change to fast tracking. I did not use the TILT Lock mode as sometimes I have to tilt up and down to get the top of a building or something close to the ground and I don't wnat to use the touchscreen and I don't have the Controller Wheel Adapter at the time.
2019-3-7
Use props
John Walker
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Wiz33 Posted at 3-7 11:03
All depending on your pacing. If you are walking slowly and take the time for slow turns, then the slow follow  should work and was what I use for most of my trip in Asia. But if you're walking in a group and following their pacing, you might want to change to fast tracking. I did not use the TILT Lock mode as sometimes I have to tilt up and down to get the top of a building or something close to the ground and I don't wnat to use the touchscreen and I don't have the Controller Wheel Adapter at the time.

Thank you Wiz33.   I'll try your suggestions.
What I have found so far is that as I turn smoothly the gimbal turns in sections rather than a smooth movement.
2019-3-8
Use props
Wiz33
Second Officer
Flight distance : 35994 ft
  • >>>
United States

John Walker Posted at 3-8 02:42
Thank you Wiz33.   I'll try your suggestions.
What I have found so far is that as I turn smoothly the gimbal turns in sections rather than a smooth movement.

Getting a smooth pan takes a lot of practice even with a gimbal setup and I'm still learning. You can see in my video below and part of the pan is fairly smooth and then part of it gets jerky. The smooth part is panning just with my arm and the jerkiness happens when I start turning my body so I can get a 360 shot. I guess it's something that comes with experience.

2019-3-8
Use props
Naturligasteg
New
Sweden

I tried to film a bit of a run today and it did not impress. Is there a way to turn off the autofocus and just have it set at a few yards in front?
2019-3-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules