Paddling with leg rowers of Myanmar Shan state Inle lake
2357 31 2019-3-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Myanmar Sup
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2079573 ft
Myanmar

Here are a few pictures of a paddle boarding trip I did on Inle lake a few weeks ago in the north eastern mountainous region of Myanmar Shan state.
My objective was to paddle with the well known leg rowing fishermen living on the lake. All shots were taken from my SUP board on the lake.

Paddling with local fisherman

Paddling with local fisherman

After swapping boats!

After swapping boats!

Leg rowing fishermen setting up their nets

Leg rowing fishermen setting up their nets

Fishermen and floating gardens of Inle lake

Fishermen and floating gardens of Inle lake

Floating gardens

Floating gardens

Fishermen village

Fishermen village

Shooting photos from my SUP board on the lake

Shooting photos from my SUP board on the lake

Lcal boats of Inle

Lcal boats of Inle

Boat in the morning light

Boat in the morning light

2019-3-7
Use props
eYeSkYeYe
First Officer

Croatia

I like the color of shorts...
2019-3-7
Use props
Myanmar Sup
Second Officer
Myanmar

eYeSkYeYe Posted at 3-7 08:58
I like the color of shorts...

Nice shorts isn't it?
2019-3-7
Use props
eYeSkYeYe
First Officer

Croatia

Myanmar Sup Posted at 3-7 09:01
Nice shorts isn't it?

Totally.... really eye catching. Can't go unnoticed!!
2019-3-7
Use props
ShermanFlyer
First Officer
Flight distance : 596896 ft
United States

Great shots, never heard of leg rowing before. Do you have any video? Thanks for sharing.
2019-3-7
Use props
Myanmar Sup
Second Officer
Myanmar

ShermanFlyer Posted at 3-7 09:24
Great shots, never heard of leg rowing before. Do you have any video? Thanks for sharing.

Yes I have videos where you can see the leg rowers in action, I need to find a bit of time to edit...
2019-3-7
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Some excellent shots
2019-3-7
Use props
ShermanFlyer
First Officer
United States

Myanmar Sup Posted at 3-7 09:26
Yes I have videos where you can see the leg rowers in action, I need to find a bit of time to edit...

Excellent, look forward to seeing them
2019-3-7
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi Myanmar Sup, excellent shots! Thanks for sharing.
2019-3-7
Use props
Myanmar Sup
Second Officer
Myanmar

A CW Posted at 3-7 09:27
Some excellent shots

Thank you very much
2019-3-7
Use props
Myanmar Sup
Second Officer
Myanmar

DJI Paladin Posted at 3-7 09:49
Hi Myanmar Sup, excellent shots! Thanks for sharing.

Thanks a lot
2019-3-7
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

Excellent shots.
2019-3-7
Use props
HH1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 73114 ft
United States

Myanmar Sup  - those are some classy shorts  Photos are colorful and interesting, thanks for sharing.
2019-3-7
Use props
Myanmar Sup
Second Officer
Myanmar

HH1 Posted at 3-7 18:54
Myanmar Sup  - those are some classy shorts  Photos are colorful and interesting, thanks for sharing.

HH1 Thank you. I know, that's why I wear these shorts, otherwise nobody would look at my photos
2019-3-7
Use props
Myanmar Sup
Second Officer
Myanmar

Woe Posted at 3-7 18:29
Excellent shots.

Thank you Woe
2019-3-7
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

You're very welcome
2019-3-8
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain
Malaysia

Awesome! Nicely done!
2019-3-8
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

You're welcome
2019-3-8
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

You're welcome. If you need any help, please feel free to contact us. Thanks for choosing DJI!
2019-3-8
Use props
STRIDE8
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1382431 ft
United States

Wow awesome photos
2019-3-8
Use props
Myanmar Sup
Second Officer
Myanmar

STRIDE8 Posted at 3-8 13:17
Wow awesome photos

Thank you Stride8
2019-3-8
Use props
DJI Panda
Administrator
Flight distance : 405039 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Nice shot, that's very new to see people paddling with leg rowers.
2019-3-14
Use props
Myanmar Sup
Second Officer
Myanmar

DJI Panda Posted at 3-14 19:04
Nice shot, that's very new to see people paddling with leg rowers.

Thank you. Yes I guess it is a different approach and I enjoyed it
2019-3-15
Use props
JHollimanPhoto
lvl.4
Flight distance : 82802 ft
Germany

Myanmar Sup Posted at 3-15 01:26
Thank you. Yes I guess it is a different approach and I enjoyed it

Sooo I am supposed to travel to Myanmar in May. I do not want to fly in Yangon but obviousl I think Inle lake would be good. How are the rules?
2019-3-16
Use props
Myanmar Sup
Second Officer
Myanmar

JHollimanPhoto Posted at 3-16 11:49
Sooo I am supposed to travel to Myanmar in May. I do not want to fly in Yangon but obviousl I think Inle lake would be good. How are the rules?

Official rule is that you need a permit to fly in Myanmar if you want to avoid any trouble.

If you want to try flying without permit, flying over the lake is easy and at no risk, nobody is going to ask you anything there. Just find a quiet place to take off and land (a bungalow on the lake would be fine). Bringing the drone into the country is not really difficult. These days they don't scan your luggage at the international airport upon arrival. What can be a problem is to carry your drone from Yangon to Inle airport (Heho) if you are planning a domestic flight. I have heard very recently about a number of tourists being confiscated their drone carried in hand luggage at security check for domestic flights. The drone is kept safe at the airport and they return it to you only when you leave the country. Some guys said they had no trouble with the drone carried in the checked in luggage.
In my case I haven't applied for a permit yet, I will do it during rainy season here (when I cannot fly). I haven't taken my drone on domestic flight, I was travelling by car to Inle lake.
2019-3-16
Use props
JHollimanPhoto
lvl.4
Germany

Myanmar Sup Posted at 3-16 19:02
Official rule is that you need a permit to fly in Myanmar if you want to avoid any trouble.

If you want to try flying without permit, flying over the lake is easy and at no risk, nobody is going to ask you anything there. Just find a quiet place to take off and land (a bungalow on the lake would be fine). Bringing the drone into the country is not really difficult. These days they don't scan your luggage at the international airport upon arrival. What can be a problem is to carry your drone from Yangon to Inle airport (Heho) if you are planning a domestic flight. I have heard very recently about a number of tourists being confiscated their drone carried in hand luggage at security check for domestic flights. The drone is kept safe at the airport and they return it to you only when you leave the country. Some guys said they had no trouble with the drone carried in the checked in luggage.

Are you aware of how the domestic flight between Heho and Bagan is? Furthermore, is the permit easy?
2019-3-17
Use props
Myanmar Sup
Second Officer
Myanmar

JHollimanPhoto Posted at 3-17 02:26
Are you aware of how the domestic flight between Heho and Bagan is? Furthermore, is the permit easy?

I was at Heho airport just a few days ago coming back to Yangon (without my drone). Airport staff there are kind of laid back people, this is a small country side airport. Frankly speaking I don't see them spotting your drone in your luggage at the Xray check.
But if you plan to fly in Bagan, be aware that this is more risky, not to be jailed as this is not an off limit area, but to have your drone confiscated or at minimum to give away your SD card with the videos. There are signs everywhere "no drones" and a lot of security staff behind a number of pagodas, even if you don't see them right away, they will show up quickly.
I did it though two weeks ago, but with a lot of extra precaution. I managed to secure a few videos.
I have not investigated the details to obtain the permit yet but I know you need approval from different administration offices and you need to show your drone upon arrival at the airport. If one piece of document is missing on either side you'll need to leave your drone at the airport until all documents are provided.
2019-3-17
Use props
JHollimanPhoto
lvl.4
Germany

Myanmar Sup Posted at 3-17 05:32
I was at Heho airport just a few days ago coming back to Yangon (without my drone). Airport staff there are kind of laid back people, this is a small country side airport. Frankly speaking I don't see them spotting your drone in your luggage at the Xray check.
But if you plan to fly in Bagan, be aware that this is more risky, not to be jailed as this is not an off limit area, but to have your drone confiscated or at minimum to give away your SD card with the videos. There are signs everywhere "no drones" and a lot of security staff behind a number of pagodas, even if you don't see them right away, they will show up quickly.
I did it though two weeks ago, but with a lot of extra precaution. I managed to secure a few videos.

Very helpful information! I do not want to fly in Bagan so no worries there.
2019-3-17
Use props
Myanmar Sup
Second Officer
Switzerland

ShermanFlyer Posted at 3-7 09:24

Hi, it took me some time, but I finally compiled a video

2019-6-15
Use props
ShermanFlyer
First Officer
United States

Myanmar Sup Posted at 6-15 08:27
Hi, it took me some time, but I finally compiled a video

https://youtu.be/XYUjVNWiOFM

Very cool, thanks for sharing.
2019-6-16