Spark and Galaxy S8 Issues
1043 7 2019-3-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
TCDrone
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2710732 ft
United States

Hello Fellow Pilots.  I have a new Spark and am having issues with connecting and using my Galaxy S8.  Went through all initial set up on the Spark.  It flies without the Galaxy just fine.  When I try to connect the phone it shuts the phone down.  I turned on Remote, then turned on Spark, then I connect to the Galaxy.
Is there certain procedures that I should be doing to get everything to work properly?  Should I keep trying to connect phone until I can get it to pair with phone?
Any help concerning this matter will be greatly appreciated.  I’m sure some of you have already had these issues and could steer me in the right direction,
Thanks guys,
TCDrone
2019-3-10
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

HI, we're sorry to know about the situation. Did you manage to update the firmware update of your aircraft and remote controller? I would like to clarify that your mobile will shuts down upon connecting to the remote controller via Wi-Fi or OTG cable? Do we have a chance to use a different mobile device to easily isolate the problem? Please keep us posted on the latest progress. Thank you for continued support.
2019-3-11
Use props
TCDrone
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2710732 ft
United States

Yes I did update the firmware.  I also discovered I had a bad cable.  This could have been my issue.  Will see next time out.
Thank you so much for your support!
2019-3-11
Use props
djiuser_bPtK8kVRVPhN
New

United States

tcdrone which cable works for you? I am having this same issue and have not found a fix?
2019-3-25
Use props
Lysak2003
Second Officer
Flight distance : 500052 ft
Ukraine

Haven't any issue while connecting Spark with Galaxy S8. I am using a cable that came in the box with Spark.
2019-3-25
Use props
gmozo
lvl.4
United States

normally the galaxy shouldn't do that but plz check that the phone is up to date with the software and because i fly my spark with my s8 and it work just fine ...
2019-3-25
Use props
Vader1
lvl.2
Flight distance : 340030 ft
United States

My Galaxy S 8 just did an android update one day ago and now my phone won't connect to the controller with the cable anymore. It worked fine before the latest update. Hope to see a solution to this issue as well
2019-4-2
Use props
Vader1
lvl.2
Flight distance : 340030 ft
United States

Vader1 Posted at 4-2 15:06
My Galaxy S 8 just did an android update one day ago and now my phone won't connect to the controller with the cable anymore. It worked fine before the latest update. Hope to see a solution to this issue as well

Just wanted to say I have corrected my problem with my Spark controller not connecting to my Galaxy S 8 with the cable. I did another uninstall and reinstall of the DJI Go 4 app and now it works fine. Thank you everyone for your input and help.
2019-4-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules