123Next >
46418 96 2019-3-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_MlnUELpSHfa0
lvl.2
Flight distance : 73763 ft
United States

DJI Assistant 2 For Mavic 2.0.6 no longer works on Windows 10. It worked fine last week but now I am unable to run the program (or re-install it) due to it being BLOCKED by Windows 10.  See attached error...

Windows 10 Blocked

Windows 10 Blocked
2019-3-13
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there, my apologies for the inconvenience. Our designated team is aware of this concern and we are currently working on it. As of the moment, if you have a different computer that you can use, I would suggest you try Mac or Windows 7 or 8 PC. Again, sorry for all the trouble and I appreciate your patience and support. Thank you.
2019-3-13
Use props
StacyRaiford
New
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 3-13 08:29
Hi there, my apologies for the inconvenience. Our designated team is aware of this concern and we are currently working on it. As of the moment, if you have a different computer that you can use, I would suggest you try Mac or Windows 7 or 8 PC. Again, sorry for all the trouble and I appreciate your patience and support. Thank you.

This is costing me money.  My drone is grounded and I am missing work. I don’t use the older unsupported Windows operating system anymore. DJI has really dropped the ball onthis one.
2019-3-13
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

StacyRaiford Posted at 3-13 10:45
This is costing me money.  My drone is grounded and I am missing work. I don’t use the older unsupported Windows operating system anymore. DJI has really dropped the ball onthis one.

Sorry to know that and thanks for your prompt reply. Do you have a Mac PC that you use to install DJI Assistant 2? By the way, we will be releasing a new version of DJI Assistant 2 so that we can fix this. You can provide me your phone number and email address via PM so that we can contact you once we have an update about this or you can simply check our official website https://www.dji.com/ for future updates. Thanks you.
2019-3-13
Use props
HH1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 73114 ft
United States

DJI Paladin  - nice to see your mention about an update, you are on top of things.  Thank you, I had the same thing happen.
2019-3-13
Use props
KlooGee
First Officer
Flight distance : 16783757 ft
  • >>>
United States

Stacy, what problem are you trying to solve by using DJI Assistant 2?  Maybe there is a workaround for that problem?

Also, there is a known workaround for this problem which is to temporarily disable the User Access Control system on your Windows machine while you need to run Assistant 2.  Then you could turn it back on.  If this issue is costing you money, maybe it is reasonable to do this workaround to get you back up and going while DJI works through publishing a permanent solution.
2019-3-13
Use props
MadisonAreaDroneService
lvl.2
Flight distance : 133340 ft
  • >>>
United States

You can get around this for now, but you will have to change the Windows registry to allow the download and subsequent program usage to work.  

You will need to access this and change it as follows: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System

and change the value EnableLUA to 0.

To understand how to change this value, do the following:

Click Start, and then click Run.
In the Open box, type %systemroot%\syswow64\regedit and then click OK.

OR

hit the Windows key and "paste" this: %systemroot%\syswow64\regedit by hitting "ctrl V" after copying the above bold text.
Once you have entered the registry, click on: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE then SOFTWARE then Microsoft then Windows then CurrentVersion then Policies then System
Next, you will see a dialog box with a #1.  Change this to 0 and exit.  Next, you will need to restart your PC for the changes to take effect.

Then, go the DJI site, download the Assistant 2 program again, and you should be able to use the program after a successful install.

Hopefully DJI gets this sorted out soon.  Sounds like a recent Windows update may have triggered this.

Good luck.
2019-3-14
Use props
AlCON
New
Canada

Im having the exact same problem installing DJI Assistant
2019-3-14
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

HH1 Posted at 3-13 17:42
DJI Paladin  - nice to see your mention about an update, you are on top of things.  Thank you, I had the same thing happen.

You're welcome. We're always here to help. Appreciate your support and patience. Thank you.
2019-3-14
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

AlCON Posted at 3-14 09:21
Im having the exact same problem installing DJI Assistant

Hello AlCON, we're terribly sorry for what happened and the inconvenience that has been caused. May I know if you already tried a different PC like Mac or a different Windows operating system? Currently, our related team is working on it and I can give a feedback on this thread once I receive an update about this. Thanks for your continued support and patience.
2019-3-14
Use props
fansd92b0210
lvl.1
United States

DJI is spying on users and that is why it is blocked.  Be very careful not to allow DJI to access your system.
2019-3-14
Use props
Thudd
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1624787 ft
United States

Same problem. I personally will not disable any security features to enable any software to install. DJI needs to get their drivers signed.
2019-3-14
Use props
wombat
lvl.2
Flight distance : 109846 ft
Australia

Tried another computer Win 8.1 and downloaded the app and no go, need to get Win 10 working urgently please
2019-3-14
Use props
wombat
lvl.2
Flight distance : 109846 ft
Australia

MadisonAreaDroneService Posted at 3-14 06:41
You can get around this for now, but you will have to change the Windows registry to allow the download and subsequent program usage to work.  

This worked for me, thanks
2019-3-14
Use props
Hurley1718
First Officer
Flight distance : 549295 ft
  • >>>
United States

This is costing me money.  My drone is grounded and I am missing work. I don’t use the older unsupported Windows operating system anymore. DJI has really dropped the ball onthis one.

Here is a temp fix for you. If you activate the local admin account on Windows 10 it will work from there. It works on mine.

Method 1 – Via Command

Hold the Windows Key while pressing “R” to bring up the Windows Run dialog box.

Type: net user administrator /active:yes

Press “Enter“.

Replace “yes” with “no” to disable the admin account.
2019-3-14
Use props
mike inwood
lvl.1
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hi, I've also encountered the same frustrating issue and I found this solution which may help you all, give it a go and let me know as it worked every time for me (Windows 10).

1. Go to the DJI Assistant 2 install folder (example: C:\Program Files (x86)\DJI Product\DJI Assistant 2 For Autopilot\)
2. Rename the application file without spacing (example: DJIAssistant2)
3. Go into your Start bar and type Command Prompt, then right-click and run as administrator.
4. In the Command Line Prompt type the following and then press Enter: CD C:\Program Files (x86)\DJI Product\DJI Assistant 2 For Autopilot\
5. Now type the following and press enter: start DJIAssistant2.exe

Now wait the usual couple of seconds and the program should start normally. Let's hope DJI sort this issue out promptly!
2019-3-15
Use props
sirwillysc
New

United States

this is crazy!!! Im glad I decided to buy a used DJI and not new. not only is the support on the phone absolutely useless but now I cant even use the software. I cant calibrate vision sensors with the drone, or with the software and now I cant even ope the software!!!! FAIL DJI FAIL!!! For sale Phantom 4 Pro with 3 batts and charger
2019-3-15
Use props
djiuser_Q2KmlSCPRXBT
lvl.2
United States

Yep, it's totally screwed up everything of mine and it angers me that a company should continually have these issues with their software and it does bring up the possibility of spying.
2019-3-16
Use props
djiuser_Q2KmlSCPRXBT
lvl.2
United States

Well, this "upgrade" has made my Mavic 2 Pro totally unfunctional. I can't believe DJI would not test and make sure this would not work on Windows 10. And, yes I did the suggested Registry changes mentioned, none of them worked other than letting me download the app after removing it from my PC. It's ridiculous that they suggest finding a Apple Product. I've tried with on two PC's and frankly I'm not looking for one with antiquated Windows 8, even that suggestion is pure incompetence and dumb. Fix problem, these pop up all too often and that should have been address by this company months ago. You need new folks in our Software Development and need to fire a few.
2019-3-16
Use props
Morawka
lvl.2
Flight distance : 206276 ft
United States

I can't update my DJI goggles either.  Both DJI assistant apps are unsigned now.   Microsoft has either revoked DJI's certificates, or DJI forgot to renew their certs.
2019-3-16
Use props
Morawka
lvl.2
United States

djiuser_Q2KmlSCPRXBT Posted at 3-16 14:41
Well, this "upgrade" has made my Mavic 2 Pro totally unfunctional. I can't believe DJI would not test and make sure this would not work on Windows 10. And, yes I did the suggested Registry changes mentioned, none of them worked other than letting me download the app after removing it from my PC. It's ridiculous that they suggest finding a Apple Product. I've tried with on two PC's and frankly I'm not looking for one with antiquated Windows 8, even that suggestion is pure incompetence and dumb. Fix problem, these pop up all too often and that should have been address by this company months ago. You need new folks in our Software Development and need to fire a few.

I can't update my DJI goggles either.  Both DJI assistant apps are unsigned now.   Microsoft has either revoked DJI's certificates, or DJI forgot to renew their certs.
2019-3-16
Use props
Morawka
lvl.2
United States

djiuser_Q2KmlSCPRXBT Posted at 3-16 14:41
Well, this "upgrade" has made my Mavic 2 Pro totally unfunctional. I can't believe DJI would not test and make sure this would not work on Windows 10. And, yes I did the suggested Registry changes mentioned, none of them worked other than letting me download the app after removing it from my PC. It's ridiculous that they suggest finding a Apple Product. I've tried with on two PC's and frankly I'm not looking for one with antiquated Windows 8, even that suggestion is pure incompetence and dumb. Fix problem, these pop up all too often and that should have been address by this company months ago. You need new folks in our Software Development and need to fire a few.

2019-3-16
Use props
Vendex
Second Officer
Flight distance : 16722920 ft
  • >>>
Bulgaria

Hello. Please disable smartscreen option and try again
2019-3-16
Use props
Renames
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4232851 ft
Australia

This is a result of the most recent windows 10 update roled out.

The only way to fix this is the reg fix listed above.

all the other administrator crap people are posting will not resolve this issue.
2019-3-16
Use props
M and C
New
Flight distance : 679 ft
Australia

We have tried every fix mentioned above (thank you anyway) with no luck.  Drone is unflyable until DJI sort this out.
2019-3-16
Use props
JSKCKNIT
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1208566 ft
  • >>>
United States

Thank you for this!
2019-3-17
Use props
Simag
New

Chile

Thanks for this.
was easy and work !
2019-3-18
Use props
JPilotR
lvl.4
Flight distance : 584662 ft
  • >>>
United States

You can also just activate your admin account and run it from there. That is what my recourse has been:

To enable the Windows 10 administrator account do the following (note: this works in older versions of Windows as well):

Tap on the Windows-key. This should open the start menu or bring you to the Start Screen interface depending on how Windows 10 is configured on the system.

Type cmd and wait for the results to be displayed.
Right-click on the Command Prompt result (cmd.exe)  and select "run as administrator" from the context menu. Alternatively, hold down the Shift-key and the Ctrl-key before you start cmd.exe.
Run the command net user to display a list of all user accounts on the system. You should see Administrator listed as one of the accounts.
To activate the inactive administrator account, run the command net user administrator /active:yes
Windows returns "The command completed successfully" if the operation was successful. Check the spelling and that you are in an elevated command prompt interface if you get error messages.
If you want to enable the guest account as well run the command net user guest /active:yes

This will just open up the admin account option and allow you to switch users temporarily between you and the admin. A little less tedious than constantly opening the cmd prompt. This way you only do it once.

You can also password protect the admin account:

The administrator account is active after you run the commands mentioned above which means that you can sign in to the system using it. It is not password protected by default which means that anyone with local access to the system can use it to sign in to it. While that is comfortable, it may also be a security risk.

It is highly recommended to protect it with a password. This can also be done on the command line:

Type net user administrator * and hit enter.
You get a password prompt. Type the desired password and again when you are asked to type it a second time for confirmation.
2019-3-18
Use props
Chains
lvl.1
Flight distance : 140381 ft
United States

Crazy they still haven't fixed this!
2019-3-18
Use props
user67d0c7985c
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2804626 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Still not fixed. Thousands of pounds worth of Matrice stuck on the ground and DJI can't fix their assistant. This is why the film industry has no respect for DJI.
2019-3-19
Use props
KlooGee
First Officer
Flight distance : 16783757 ft
  • >>>
United States

user67d0c7985c Posted at 3-19 07:15
Still not fixed. Thousands of pounds worth of Matrice stuck on the ground and DJI can't fix their assistant. This is why the film industry has no respect for DJI.

Although it is not ideal and DJI definitely needs to published a fixed version, there is no reason for your Matrice to be stuck on the ground.  There is a very easy temporary work around that will allow you to install and run the app just fine.
2019-3-19
Use props
Renames
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4232851 ft
Australia

Yes the issues was understanding..

The time it’s taken is too long
2019-3-19
Use props
Keule
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3733015 ft
  • >>>
Germany

user67d0c7985c Posted at 3-19 07:15
Still not fixed. Thousands of pounds worth of Matrice stuck on the ground and DJI can't fix their assistant. This is why the film industry has no respect for DJI.

On Mar. 15, 2019 DJI released Assistant 2 for Matrice 2.0.7

No problems with that version with my M200 ....
2019-3-19
Use props
user67d0c7985c
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2804626 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Keule Posted at 3-19 08:05
On Mar. 15, 2019 DJI released Assistant 2 for Matrice 2.0.7

No problems with that version with my M200 ....

Thankyou so much for pointing that out to me! It works and I have now finished my A3 pro upgrade thanks to you!!
2019-3-19
Use props
djiuser_IQGrrritRjr3
New

Switzerland

DJI Paladin Posted at 3-13 08:29
Hi there, my apologies for the inconvenience. Our designated team is aware of this concern and we are currently working on it. As of the moment, if you have a different computer that you can use, I would suggest you try Mac or Windows 7 or 8 PC. Again, sorry for all the trouble and I appreciate your patience and support. Thank you.

Is there any update on this. I am having the same issue. I think this problem is due to an expired Certificate from DJI on their web site
2019-3-19
Use props
djiuser_sFyvRloBZkuo
New

United States

Yes looking for an update on this please?
2019-3-19
Use props
djiuser_sFyvRloBZkuo
New

United States

Can someone post here when its fixed?
2019-3-19
Use props
Yoyomau
New

United States

Having same problem, noticed there is no time stamp on the digital signature.  I set my date/time back a year on windows 10 and it installed, unfortunately when I set back to the correct date same error.. Maybe it will help rectify the issue
2019-3-19
Use props
Fersigo
New
Flight distance : 144616 ft
United Kingdom

mike inwood Posted at 3-15 03:31
Hi, I've also encountered the same frustrating issue and I found this solution which may help you all, give it a go and let me know as it worked every time for me (Windows 10).

1. Go to the DJI Assistant 2 install folder (example: C:\Program Files (x86)\DJI Product\DJI Assistant 2 For Autopilot\)

Hi, thanks for this solution which looked simpler than some others and worked perfectly for me.  Appreciated!
2019-3-20
Use props
Ken Storm
Second Officer
Flight distance : 178583 ft
United Kingdom

Viewing the Certificates attached to the exe, it seems they have been revoked by the issuer (DJI), they where due to expire on the 23rd anyway.
We need new certificates from DJI to allow the app to run. However I guess they will just release a new build with hopefully the driver issues fixed for Windows 10.
2019-3-20
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules