Battery not holding full charge
3290 8 2019-3-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
scottandapril
New

United States

Hello all.  Is there a trick or something with charging the batteries for the Spark?  I charge my batteries on the charging hub and when i go fly it says its at about 50%

2019-3-14
Use props
pmshop
First Officer
Flight distance : 8073271 ft
  • >>>
United States

No tricks. Should go right on and charge
2019-3-14
Use props
Joller79 DK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 26447 ft
Denmark

1. How old batteri(how many batteries?)
2 how many cchargecycles on them?
3 try a charge with usb in spark, and from a phone chager
2019-3-14
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thanks for the inquiry. May we know how many batteries did you charge on the charging hub? The charging hub would only charge one battery at a time, it would priority the battery that has a most higher battery level compared to the other batteries and once it gets full, it would locate the second battery that has a higher battery level as well and lastly, it would charge the battery with the lowest battery level. May we know if you've managed to check if the battery is full by pressing the power button once? Please keep us posted on the latest progress. You may refer to our video tutorial below for charging the batteries.

2019-3-14
Use props
MccloudSpark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 27562 ft

United States

Don't forget if it has been over 10 days since the charging then the batteries will auto-discharge down to 60%.  Just a thought, but I doubt that your are waiting 10 days...
2019-3-14
Use props
snowbird pilot
lvl.4
United States

where were the batteries bought from
2019-3-15
Use props
sigsparky
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1755 ft

Netherlands

Never heard or seen this problem before ...
2019-3-15
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

If they aren't really old/used (down to 1 digit numbers always), or left unused for 12 days after charging:
Try charging IN THE Spark
or
de-charge 'em with Spark on, flying it down to the critical battery landing and after that download videos via wifi till the battery switches off.
Let it cool down and recharge again.
And hope the "intelligence" got recalibrated
2019-3-16
Use props
sparkdrone
lvl.3
Flight distance : 9593 ft
United States

Never had this problem, but I think that batteries that don't hold all of their charge for long are old.
How old are your batteries?
2019-4-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules