Scratched Lens Glass / Coating
2388 5 2019-3-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
franklintan
New

Taiwan

Hi, out of nowhere, my lens show some scratches.
I have been searching for a solution to repair it but I have yet to find a good one.
It feels like the OP uses terrible quality glass that can be easily scratched... but not easily replaced.
Please give me some suggestions.

abc.PNG
2019-3-15
Use props
El Diabolico
Second Officer

Germany

I opened the same thread a few days ago. I believe the lens is from some kind of plexiglass and not crystal. It scratches to easily. Do you use filters? In my case the exposed Skyreat magnetic strip did this...
Try Polywatch paste (at your own risk).
2019-3-15
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day franklintan. I am sorry to know that the lens of your DJI Osmo Pocket got scratched. If the scratch on the lens affect the images taken by the DJI Osmo Pocket. The best thing you need to do is to contact DJI Support at https://www.dji.com/support for additional help. If you have any other concerns or inquiries. Please feel free to post it at DJI Forum. We are here to help you.
2019-3-15
Use props
BeterBan
lvl.4
Austria

Many Chinese dealers deliver as gift adhesive protectors for lens & display or sell them

2019-3-15
Use props
Jakab Gipsz
Second Officer

Hungary

BeterBan Posted at 3-15 09:09
Many Chinese dealers deliver as gift adhesive protectors for lens & display or sell them

[view_image]

Yes, I already ordered and used such a protective glass foil.
Probably the display is also plexiglass, because now the finger slides on the glass, it feels much better to handle the touch screen. The lens cover is easy to wipe and the glass is not dusty.
2019-3-15
Use props
BeterBan
lvl.4
Austria

I think the cheaper ones are plexiglass, the "more" expensive are hardened glass.
Both sure protect against scratches.
2019-3-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules