UK GOv Drone Use Inquiry closes 12th April 2019- Have your say.
1049 10 2019-3-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ikopta5
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2204462 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

If you fly drones commercially or recreationally in the UK, you need to do this before the 12th April 2019..

2019-3-17
Use props
fansd556ffc7
lvl.2
Flight distance : 983816 ft
United Kingdom

Many thanks for highlighting this latest precursor to the proposed UK Drones Bill. I think many will
2019-3-18
Use props
fansd556ffc7
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Many thanks for highlighting this latest precursor to the proposed UK Drones Bill. I think many of us will never have heard of this Select Committee review whose proceedings and inputs from interested parties will be what forms the basis for EVEN MORE UK DRONE LEGISLATION . I wonder who, in the esteemed list of Ministers has ever seen, owns or has flown a Recreational Drone ..... Please support this with your comments and views or yet again we will be demonised and faced with even more Regulation I suspect !!
2019-3-18
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain
Malaysia

Thank for sharing!
2019-3-18
Use props
Lamplighter55
Second Officer
Flight distance : 538596 ft
United Kingdom

Sterling job from ikopta5 highlighting this! It really is important for all drone flyers in the UK to write in and contribute to the consultation. We forget that much public opinion is based on emotion and hearsay and this is an opportunity to redress the balance. There is a risk that legislation could so restrict our hobby/occupation that it becomes very limited to places and spaces you can actually legally fly without fear of prosecution. Then as a hobby it could become only available to just those people with large private land ownership. Don't forget - write to the committee and make our case. Currently others are having more of a say - like BALPA who have an ongoing campaign to limit drone activity as much as possible. BALPA Drones
2019-3-18
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day ikopta5. Thank you for posting this very informative video. This will be very helpful to all our DJI members and customers in UK. Great work and thank you for your valued support.
2019-3-18
Use props
fansd556ffc7
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Thanks for your support Lamplighter55. I have checked the BALPA link and I am astonished and disappointed that such a collection of highly paid, intelligent pilots have expressed so much disgust regarding Recreational drone use by us , the masses. They demonstrate such  a supremely bigoted point of view that it beggars belief.  What collective defence against the expressed views do we have? So far we have two respondents to this post, so help us ...
2019-3-18
Use props
maddox
Captain
Malaysia

Thanks for posting
2019-3-19
Use props
fansd556ffc7
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Having checked the number of CAA approved drone pilots, the CAA publication CAP 1361 states that as at 3 May 19, there are just 5004 UK registered commercial pilots. The UK Govt.  will net something like £2.05M if the CAA charge 170,000 drone users £16.50, as proposed currently. Where they get this figure from, I can only guess! If the cost of implementation in the first year for a registration scheme has to pay foe itself, then if only half of that number sign up and pay - will the charge per (first) year become £33 per registration in order to return the sum expected by the UK treasury??  It seems clear to me that the UK Govt. sees this as a golden opportunity to once again do the British thing legislate and control a basic human right to enjoying a free sport/pastime. Wasn't that why Barnes Wallis left the UK after the myopic Govt. of the day thought he was getting out of control ??
2019-5-13
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13926112 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

fansd556ffc7 Posted at 5-13 00:23
Having checked the number of CAA approved drone pilots, the CAA publication CAP 1361 states that as at 3 May 19, there are just 5004 UK registered commercial pilots. The UK Govt.  will net something like £2.05M if the CAA charge 170,000 drone users £16.50, as proposed currently. Where they get this figure from, I can only guess! If the cost of implementation in the first year for a registration scheme has to pay foe itself, then if only half of that number sign up and pay - will the charge per (first) year become £33 per registration in order to return the sum expected by the UK treasury??  It seems clear to me that the UK Govt. sees this as a golden opportunity to once again do the British thing legislate and control a basic human right to enjoying a free sport/pastime. Wasn't that why Barnes Wallis left the UK after the myopic Govt. of the day thought he was getting out of control ??

They apparently used a mean average based on the ratio of the population against registered drones in the US and the Republic of Ireland. It's very subjective and neither of those countries charge anything like £16.50 a year per person.
2019-5-13
Use props
fansd556ffc7
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Thank you AJ. What a strange approach the CAA have to demonstrate 'due diligence' before embarking on a profound tax on a sporting activity ! I was hoping for a bit more support from our UK BMFA of which I am a member. But, they coyly seem to distance themselves from recreational drone flying. They are seeking further discussion with the CAA  on CAP1775 as a matter of urgency (letter enclosed with June 2019 issue of BMFA News) but there is no sign of any support of multi rotor or UAS pilots. It states in their enclosed 'Call to Action' letter letter that they have accepted that  '... registration is mandated by the EASA regulations'. It seems to me that we as purely recreational Operators and Pilots are likely to become an extinct species unless we get together as a Group or Association who has some recognition in the UK at least.
2019-5-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules