Traveling with a drone
842 3 2019-3-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bill B
lvl.4
Flight distance : 319245 ft
United States

Question for those who have flown  here in the United States with their mavic air. How does the TSA treat you if you want to carry on your drone in a backpack? I will be going to a barrier island off Charleston soon and I want to take the MA with me. I do not want to check it and watch from the plane window, as some schmuck throws it in the belly of the plane. I want to bing it as carry on. I'm worried about how they "view" the LiPo packs. Any advise for me?
2019-3-18
Use props
flyingfun
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2551998 ft
  • >>>
Luxembourg

I flew from Europe to New York with two drones no issues. The only problem I got was in my backpack on the statue of liberty the refused access to the ferry ...
2019-3-18
Use props
Bill B
lvl.4
Flight distance : 319245 ft
United States

flyingfun Posted at 3-18 08:27
I flew from Europe to New York with two drones no issues. The only problem I got was in my backpack on the statue of liberty the refused access to the ferry ...

Thanks for the response. Appreciate it.
2019-3-18
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Bill B. Thank you for reaching out and for the inquiry. The best thing is call and check with the Airports Authorities and Websites if there are any restrictions. If you have to put your batteries in the hand luggage. Best is for you use Lipo Bags to be safe and contact covers. You need to discharge them too, then re charge when you arrive. Have a safe and happy flying always.

2019-3-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules