Can't get drone updated
540 3 2019-3-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
greenbaron
lvl.2
United States

So my drone alerted me to the new Fly-Safe database that needed to be downloaded.  I have successfully updated my drone and controller before, using DJI Assistant.  This time, it took several attempts to get the Fly-Safe downloaded.  The Assistant reported that there was an incompatibility in firmware, but when I confirmed to update the No Fly Zone thing, it finally went ahead and did it.  Reported 100% done with a check mark.  Showed up on list, then it said I needed a firmware update.  But when I selected to go ahead with the firmware update, it came up again with the Fly-Safe thing, saying that needed to be updated.  Like I'm in some loop.  Not sure what to try next...
2019-3-19
Use props
greenbaron
lvl.2
United States

So I am currently at V01.00.0200.  When DJI Assistant connects, it comes up and tells me I need to update the No-Fly database.  First time that happened, I went ahead and confirmed to update, and after several attempts it finally did so, and said I was updated.  I hit the left arrow on Assistant and it went back to the list of versions, showing V01.00.0300 being needed.  Released 01/24/2019, not sure why I was not notified by my drone that I needed that, as I've flown several times since that update was released.  Anyway, when I selected it to update, it goes to Download page and - nothing.  I waiting 10 minutes, 0% downloaded.  Have tried 3 times shutting the drone down, shutting Assistant down and restarting, and every time it comes up, it says I still need the No-Fly Database.  I just click ignore (since I already downloaded and installed that) and select to update the firmware.  Same thing, just sits there on the Download screen and does nothing.  What do I try next?
2019-3-19
Use props
greenbaron
lvl.2
United States

Nobody is having this problem?  I let it rest and tried again two hours later.  Assistant goes to Download page and just stalls- nothing happens.  I'm stuck.
2019-3-19
Use props
greenbaron
lvl.2
United States

Well, I never did get DJI Assistant to work.  It was the only way I had installed prior updates.  Decided to try updating from Go Fly, and that worked just fine.  So, as long as there's a way to get it done, I'm good.
2019-3-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules