taking mavic on vacation
445 4 2019-3-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
tgq1
lvl.1
United States

has anyone taken their drone to the carribeans island without having to get around customs? and is it worth the effort?
2019-3-19
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi tgq1, thanks for reaching out and welcome to DJI Forum. I would suggest you contact directly  the local authority and the airlines customer service to know all the rules and regulations on this matter. Also, kindly check the drone regulations of the countries that you are going to. You may use this link for your reference: http://www.dji.com/flysafe Should you need further help, please don't hesitate to contact us. Thanks for your support.
2019-3-20
Use props
BRentAP03
lvl.4
Flight distance : 74872 ft
United States

I never have but one thing I have heard of is when going through the airport make sure your battery's are below 20%
2019-3-20
Use props
Far_North
Second Officer
Flight distance : 278379 ft
United States

Would depend on which island nation you are going to.
2019-3-20
Use props
Hurley1718
First Officer
Flight distance : 549295 ft
  • >>>
United States

Best bet is contact the airline and the TSA of the airport you are flying into and out off just to get clarification. Also try and get them to point you to written documentation of the rules so you can print them out and bring them with you. Written proof is 100 times better than word of mouth. Hope it all works out and you get some great footage.
2019-3-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules