Need help with 4K settings
724 6 2019-3-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
TheWiggz
lvl.1
China

I am a fantastic drone pilot, but a photographer/videographer I am not. And I could use a little help with the camera settings. I usually record in 1080/30FPS and it always looks beautiful when played back. But when I try to use 4K, it always looks terrible. Gritty and Grainy is the best way to describe it. I have a 4K TV and a 4K monitor and it always looks like that.
I'm not looking to make movies or anything, I just want playback to look, well like a 4K video.

What settings should I go through and mess around with to make 4K look better? I'm a set it and forget it kind of person. I also mostly am trying to record at night in an urban setting if that makes any diference.

I just don't understand a lot of what the different settings do. Like I said, I'm a pilot not a film maker. Any advice, tips or tricks are welcome. Please and thank you.
2019-3-20
Use props
TheWiggz
lvl.1
China

This is with a Mavic 2 Pro. Forgot to add that.
2019-3-20
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thank you for the inquiry. We're sure that our valued DJI Forum members could provide their tips on how you will improve when in terms of shooting in 4k resolution. For additional information, the file on the application is only a cache file which is on a low condition. Please let us know if you need our assistance.  Thank you for continued support.
2019-3-20
Use props
winkiel82
First Officer
Flight distance : 4059806 ft
Poland

I shoot at 4K 24fps mp4 files in True Color mode. Imige is looking good, on Monitor and smartphone.
BTW i got Mavic Pro 1
2019-3-20
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Start shooting auto 4K 24 see how that goes for you, be sure your SD card is fast enough, I think this may be your problem.
2019-3-20
Use props
Hurley1718
First Officer
Flight distance : 549295 ft
  • >>>
United States

Do a quick YouTube search for best 4k Mavic 2 Pro video setting and you'll get a ton of examples and then test from there. If your results don't come close then it could be the SD card as stated above.
2019-3-20
Use props
El Diabolico
Second Officer

Germany

For a 'newbie' 4K Normal Color should be more than good. Just add +1 in Sharpness. Be sure that you chose the right WB for the occasion and keep your ISO at 100! Don't close your aperture below f/5.6 as the image will soften considerably (diffraction kicks-in). Last but not least, check that you are using a fast micro SD card suitable for 4K. Have fun and fly safe!
2019-3-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules