Smart Controller Looses Date and Time when restarted after 0400 f...
9179 59 2019-3-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_LBvTyRzaApTp
New

United States

SIMPLY PUT DJI HAS AN ISSUE WITH THESE "SMART CONTROLLERS" AND THE DATE AND TIME RESET.  EVERYTHING THAT I RECORD WITHOUT WIFI HAS THE JANUARY 2013 DATE AND TIME AFTER POWERING ON THE CONTROLLER.  I DO NOT BELIEVE THAT IT HAS ANYTHING TO DO WITH THE TIME ZONE...….BOTTOM LINE IS THAT THE SMART CONTROLLER WHEN TURNED OFF DOES NOT RETAIN THE CURRENT DATE AND TIME...…….  I WOULD LIKE TO SEE THIS PROBLEM FIXED ASAP, AND I DON'T MEAN SIX MONTHS TO A YEAR FROM NOW...…..
2019-4-8
Use props
KorbenDK
lvl.1
Flight distance : 59715 ft
Denmark

I did just buy a Mavic 2 pro with a smart controller.    I need my smart Controller to acces my wifi hot spot from my phone,  to get the right time and date too.   My date and time only work 100% when the smart controller is online via wifi.      please DJI  release a small bug fix now,  and don't wait for a major up date..   
2019-4-8
Use props
Uptowndisco
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7394987 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Mine has the same loss of time 2013 bug as everyone else . not happy even the cheapest  50 bucks Tablet can keep the time when switched off.
2019-4-8
Use props
djiuser_gcnjrQ2jSdBw
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1529367 ft
Italy

I also have exactly the same problem.....
2019-4-8
Use props
fansa85b0925
lvl.1
Flight distance : 13950 ft
United Kingdom

Mine does it to, I noticed it when I first got it and didn’t think anything apart from my own missing something in the time date settings!
My mavic pro 2 came up with cannot take off no attitude data to imu!
2019-4-19
Use props
JoelL
lvl.2
Flight distance : 229154 ft
France

I’m having the same issue ... photos all have the wrong date... horrible
2019-4-22
Use props
Quentyn
lvl.4
Flight distance : 37759 ft
Norway

to add my 2 pence to this - mine does exactly the same. I am now trying without "network time" to see if it records the correct times
2019-4-22
Use props
Billboyheritagesurvey
lvl.4
Flight distance : 232306 ft
United Kingdom

Much more on this issue here: https://forum.dji.com/thread-183553-1-1.html

I am legally required to maintain accurate flight logs for inspection by the CAA.

DJI are aware of this issue but the response has been poor.

There have been no progress reports, no timetable and no test reports on this from DJI that I can pass to the CAA in mitigation for the data corruption.
2019-4-22
Use props
JoelL
lvl.2
Flight distance : 229154 ft
Netherlands

I'm also experiencing this problem, any update on a fix?
2019-4-23
Use props
PacoSaiso
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1201132 ft
Mexico

Same problem as everybody else, if I turn on the SC without an internet connection it resets the time to January 18 2103 2:51 am, no matter if the Automatic Date & Time is tuned on or off. I have now a few mislabeled flight logs that Airdata can't find and a bunch of pictures and videos with the wrong EXIF information ....
2019-4-23
Use props
PacoSaiso
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1201132 ft
Mexico

DH_Pilot Posted at 4-6 23:59
Could this be isolated only to certain timezones or certain settings? I'm using GMT+1 Brusells, 24 hours format and even when I turn off wifi and turn off controller and power it back it will hold its date and time. I have done experiment even with hard shut down which is kind like disconnecting battery - holding power button around 10s until it shuts off. Only I was able to see in this scenario was that time was late 2 - 3 secs after this hard reset which probably corresponds to time when battery was disconnected. Other than that I have never experienced any issue with time. I'm on 0400 firmware. hard to say if this is software or hardware related thing.

Are you in .400 firmware or .300, all people reporting the problem after updating .
2019-4-23
Use props
DH_Pilot
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3301621 ft
  • >>>
Slovakia

PacoSaiso Posted at 4-23 15:36
Are you in .400 firmware or .300, all people reporting the problem after updating .

I'm on 0400 but as I wrote after second testing I have exactly the same symptoms as others - time is reset after power down and power up without wifi. Strange is that when i was testing it one month back it was not resetting and I was also on 0400 so cannot understand that, now I think that I probably tested it not properly month back.
2019-4-23
Use props
ff22
Second Officer
United States

PacoSaiso Posted at 4-23 15:36

I only updated yesterday and have been having the DATE issue for about a month now.  
2019-4-24
Use props
Billboyheritagesurvey
lvl.4
United Kingdom

ff22 Posted at 4-24 12:38
I only updated yesterday and have been having the DATE issue for about a month now.

The 4-25 update fixes this. https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=187591&extra=page%3D1%26filter%3Dtypeid%26typeid%3D552%26typeid%3D552
2019-4-26
Use props
Billboyheritagesurvey
lvl.4
United Kingdom

djiuser_LBvTyRzaApTp Posted at 4-8 09:43
SIMPLY PUT DJI HAS AN ISSUE WITH THESE "SMART CONTROLLERS" AND THE DATE AND TIME RESET.  EVERYTHING THAT I RECORD WITHOUT WIFI HAS THE JANUARY 2013 DATE AND TIME AFTER POWERING ON THE CONTROLLER.  I DO NOT BELIEVE THAT IT HAS ANYTHING TO DO WITH THE TIME ZONE...….BOTTOM LINE IS THAT THE SMART CONTROLLER WHEN TURNED OFF DOES NOT RETAIN THE CURRENT DATE AND TIME...…….  I WOULD LIKE TO SEE THIS PROBLEM FIXED ASAP, AND I DON'T MEAN SIX MONTHS TO A YEAR FROM NOW...…..

It's (edit 27/4/19...almost, reports from some time zones say it'so fixed and some don't) sorted : https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=187591&extra=page%3D1%26filter%3Dtypeid%26typeid%3D552%26typeid%3D552

had to install the new version of Assist and remove the SD card 1st.

The Android release was just over a week behind the first announcement for iOS. It appears this is usual for DJI.
2019-4-26
Use props
Samphoto
lvl.3
Flight distance : 314705 ft
  • >>>
United States

ff22 Posted at 3-31 09:14
I really hope that the posted images convince them there is a REAL problem with the time/date process on the Smart Controller and they can find the problem.  Besides the 2013 date issue, there's another, at least, I have had another date/time issue.  The time stamp for drone images were wrong.  They were stamped with the date of my previous flights two weeks earlier.  So rather than March 20 (new flight date), they shows March 8 which was the previous time I had flown.  Those were the images inside the drone.

I have this exact issue.  All of my shots have April 24th date on them.  I've reformatted the card same thing.
2019-5-1
Use props
djiuser_LGheV8frq2ju
New

Canada

coloradoskier Posted at 2019-4-3 13:23
For those who may be curious, you can turn the auto-update feature off by going to the "4 squares" icon on the 1st screen (go to Android I guess it means), then Settings (gear icon), scroll down to System, then Date & Time.

Thanks everyone for the information and updates. As a new user, first week with the $900 Cdn Smart Controller, I am experiencing the same issue. The improper date/time does not bode well with clients... that I am trying to impress... in starting business from scratch.  Despite assurances that its' a 'software' glitch being looked into; professionalism lacks from clients' view point (understandable).
Thanks for the temp fix... change date manually. Appreciated.
Be well and be safe everyone. The human spirit is indomitable and we will conquer and move on to greatness after COVID-19
2020-3-24
Use props
JohnDG
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1097270 ft
Malaysia

djiuser_LGheV8frq2ju Posted at 3-24 10:07
Thanks everyone for the information and updates. As a new user, first week with the $900 Cdn Smart Controller, I am experiencing the same issue. The improper date/time does not bode well with clients... that I am trying to impress... in starting business from scratch.  Despite assurances that its' a 'software' glitch being looked into; professionalism lacks from clients' view point (understandable).
Thanks for the temp fix... change date manually. Appreciated.
Be well and be safe everyone. The human spirit is indomitable and we will conquer and move on to greatness after COVID-19

Hi djiuser_LGheV8fra2ju,

I don't experience a problem with the clock of the device. Did you upgrade to firmware v01.00.0650 ?
If you are on a lower version, upgrade your firmware using a pc with DJI Assist 2. Do not install it by update on the SC !
You can find Assist 2 for PC  and MAC on the DJI website.

As far as I remember, the clock problem has been an issue last year for some time.
BTW the Go 4 app latest version is 4.3.32  
2020-3-25
Use props
SDS Imagery
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4253822 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have similar Time & Date issues but not exactly the same - I'm sure the rest of you can relate.

Right now my work around is to set the time manually before I fly. Seems simple right? But what happens is this:

I turn on the SC - set the time - click OK & correct time and date are set. Then I turn on the airframe and let it connect to the SC - all telemetry shows but no video. So, I turn off the SC so it resets to get video back.

Then guess what, yep - time is wrong again - usually only by an hour or 2, but still wrong. So I back out of flight menu and set the time / date again - click OK - time is set correctly then I RE-enter flight menu . . . low and behold - NO VIDEO again but correct time and date. Such a simple issue but very important in the long run to have correct times and dates for more than just work flow. Wrong time means incorrect flight logs!

Has ANYONE found a fix for this or a better work around? The last firmware update (thinking about a month and a half ago?) didn't fix ANYTHING with this issue!
2020-6-1
Use props
maurotandofilm
Second Officer
Flight distance : 16041247 ft
  • >>>
Italy

no update yet,

Without wifi, the smart controller is not keeping the correct time at power-up
I have to set it before each flight
2020-10-12
Use props