Mavic Pro Troubleshooting--over load error
915 11 2019-3-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
~STOLEN~
lvl.1
Flight distance : 15459 ft

United States

Well here we are again with another topic thats been discussed time and time again.

My mavic took a small spill (15ft clipped a tree branch while going 10mph)
damaged landing gear (left side only)
immediatly got the gimbal over load error

I went online to amazon and got the gimbal mount with new rubber bands as well as a ribbon cable for the camera (found link on here for the ribbon)

installed
same issue

uninstalled firmware, flew 1-13min flight with zero errors.  changed to a fully charged battery and drone would NOT take off without the Firmware being updated to the current version. So i installed it
re calibrated the gimbal to 100% 3 seperate times

flew drone and it worked again.

Brought it to work with me today and right out of the case it went for these errors

Gimbal obstructed
Gimbal over load
fwd facing sensors disabled
precise flying not available
recalibrate gimbal.
**side note---the camera is hazy (from being so hot i think) and this just happened today  outside temp was about 58deg

I bought it used, it has NO warranty and im VERY reluctant to send to DJI after reading the stories about the TECH SUPPORT part of their company and MOST of all, i do not want another drone that shows up to replace mine after service,  that isnt mine and was possibly crashed HARDER than mine.

any guidence would be much appreciated.
2019-3-27
Use props
~STOLEN~
lvl.1

United States

2019-3-27
Use props
~STOLEN~
lvl.1

United States

2019-3-27
Use props
~STOLEN~
lvl.1

United States

contenplating sending it in without any other resolutions posted on here.  Seems 90% of the small fixes only work for a hand full of flights, then the errors start over again

let me know if you think sending it in is a bad idea

thanks
john
2019-3-28
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day john. I am sorry to know that you are having these issues with your DJI Mavic Pro. Since this issue is happened. We do not advice a DIY repair on your drone. It appears that this issue needs to be diagnosed by our team. You can contact our support team to start up a repair case by using this link: https://www.dji.com/support. We hope to hear from you soon and looking forward to resolve this as soon as possible. In addition the repair fee would depend on the warranty of the product and the outcome of the investigation. Thank for your support.

2019-3-29
Use props
Strobing_NYC
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3866470 ft
United States

check out a user named thunder drones on this forum he is great at fixing DJI products, Maybe when people have more confidence in DJI's repair department that would be another option.
2019-3-29
Use props
Lonesome Crow
Second Officer
Flight distance : 408606 ft
  • >>>
United States

Just a positive from another member (see thread https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... D542%26typeid%3D542)  If you have not, I would foll DJI Stephen's advise and at least start a ticket.  Please keep us posted!!
2019-3-29
Use props
~STOLEN~
lvl.1

United States

Strobing_NYC Posted at 3-29 13:09
check out a user named thunder drones on this forum he is great at fixing DJI products, Maybe when people have more confidence in DJI's repair department that would be another option.

HEY thanks man, i found them and shot them a call, waiting on a ret call now.

as for the other reccomendation (Lonesome Crow)--that would be a great option if i had the **care protection
but this was bought used so im on my own.

as fat as DJI goes and THIS forum directly, ive seen more problems/inconsistencies from DJI service than amazing success stories.
thanks though
2019-4-1
Use props
~STOLEN~
lvl.1

United States

sent my drone to Rob @ thunder drones for repair on the 4th, shows delivery tomorrow, so i will update with details once i get damage assessment and costs.

ive read a lot of good reviews from him and after chatting with him on the phone, i felt comfortable sending it to him for repair.
2019-4-8
Use props
JamesPBailey5
lvl.1
Flight distance : 617953 ft
United States

Im haven same prob same typ s**** happen with new mpp super hot gimbal and disconet
2019-4-26
Use props
~STOLEN~
lvl.1

United States

Hey guys whats up!

just wanted to leave feedback about my experience with thunder drones.  After a ton of research and the nightmare stories about DJI support taking 6-8 weeks and only wanting to SELL you another drone vs fixing the one you sent in for repair.  I reached out to Rob @thunder drones.  He very quickly replied and got me all the info i needed to make a service ticket.  The service ticket process is VERY cool, you can actually send pre authorization to fix it by picking a dollar amount on his form when you are filling it out.  pretty cool!!
I sent in my drone and within 3 weeks from it being recieved ,it showed back up at my house, FIXED and ready to fly.  Since then, i have had ZERO errors or problems out of my mavic pro.
The total repair after my crash was only $168.00, then 24 dollars shipping back to me.  IMO thats worth the investment to keep it flying vs junking it and buying new.

Thunder drones has my business for life!! (although i dont plan on crashing again LOL)
2019-5-30
Use props
~STOLEN~
lvl.1

United States

flew up 1000ft at lunch today and took a pic of indianapolis
2019-6-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules