Videos and pics Storage ?’s
810 6 2019-3-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Arnie R
Second Officer
Flight distance : 80958 ft
United States

I have a few really stupid and dumb questions so don’t yell at me and use simple words to match my brain power.

I have recorded several videos and taken several pictures on my Spark recently and previously used my iPhone 6S and now I use the iPad Mini 2 which works better for my aging eyesight to view the actual carnage going on while up in the air flying.

I have always pulled the SD card out and placed it in my PC to review my pathetic accomplishments for the day.

Playing around with the DJI Go4 app on the iPad the other day, I noticed that some of my footage had been “arranged” into a small mini-movie for my viewing (mis)pleasure. I also have had to sometimes off-load the DJI Go4 app of extra data as my iPad had become “too full” whenever Apple releases another iPhone upgrade.

It looks like the iPad has been storing all of this footage somehow and somewhere and taking up space but I can never locate any of it in the iPhone or iPad. I know that once last year, my iPhone had stored and saved 3 pics that I had taken and that they had been placed into the  “Photos” app under “DJI Works’ and DJI Imports”. I have no idea how I did this at the time.

So, if possible, in 25 words or less (as my wife constantly nags me about!), can this be explained, or at least, point me in the right direction for some remedial reading......
2019-3-30
Use props
Warriewoodlad
Second Officer
Flight distance : 625230 ft
Australia

Go into Settings then General then iPhone Storage and DJI Go 4 App. You will see that it can contain GB's of photos and flight records.To see them or delete them, you need to go into the Go 4 App. Delete pictures and videos in Editor and flight records in Me/Fight Records.
Of course be careful of what you delete.
2019-3-30
Use props
LouisP
Second Officer
Flight distance : 41952 ft
United States

Sometimes I just delete the whole app and then re-install it to clean it out.

2019-3-30
Use props
Arnie R
Second Officer
United States

LouisP Posted at 3-30 17:47
Sometimes I just delete the whole app and then re-install it to clean it out.

That’s been my process so far.
2019-3-30
Use props
Sparkz71
lvl.4
Flight distance : 24259 ft
Australia

Turn off cache video within the DJi Go 4 app. It's in the menus somewhere. Or delete, reinstall, don't connect, remove cache video option.
Unless you wish to cache the video to the iPhone?
2019-3-31
Use props
Sparkz71
lvl.4
Flight distance : 24259 ft
Australia

Turn off cache video within the DJi Go 4 app. It's in the menus somewhere. Or delete, reinstall, don't connect, remove cache video option.
Unless you wish to cache the video to the iPhone?
2019-3-31
Use props
Arnie R
Second Officer
United States

Ok, yesterday, I flew 4 times and shot some video and pictures. Today, when I checked the DJI app, it showed 2.3 GB of data. Under the “Me” tab, I opened the Flight Data selection and found all of the  flight info of height ,distance, times, nbr of pictures, video lengths, etc. Clicking on a selected flight of several pictures taken only allows me to view a max of 4 of them. Further data only shows me a map of where I flew as an animated type video. So, is this the content of the 2,3 GB of data showing in the app or are all of the pictures/videos somewhere else besides on the SD card?   
2019-3-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules