My Osmo just decided to change MP4 to MOV (can I join the club now)?
1012 2 2019-3-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DroneyMcDroneface
lvl.2
Flight distance : 11283 ft
United States

I didn't change any settings (from my always used desired settings).
Just took it out today & captured some content of a birthday party.
Looking at the videos now on the pc.....and they are all .mov.
I'm really disappointed I am now in "that" club now.
How do we prevent this from happening?
This was brought up by plenty of members before the last update, was there an attempt in the last update to address this?
Will there be an attempt to address this in the next update?
Also experienced a couple of disconnects while hard connected to my iP6 (2-3 disconnects while wireless also).

2019-3-30
Use props
supagold
lvl.1
United States

MOV and MP4 are just container formats for the audio and video data streams. (Like ZIP is a container for other data.) I think on Osmo, the quality of the streams in two containers should be the same. You can take the data streams from an MOV and move it to an MP4 without any quality loss, and very quickly. The term for this is "remuxing". It sounds like you're on windows, and I don't know much about video tools on windows right now. Unfortunately, free video tools are a fairly scammy category of software, so be careful what you download. If you're technical at all, you should be able to do this easily using ffmpeg.

(Not trying to undermine your point about fixing the bug, just a pointer on something that might fix the issue in the meantime.)
2019-4-1
Use props
lummox
lvl.4
United States

supagold Posted at 4-1 12:44
MOV and MP4 are just container formats for the audio and video data streams. (Like ZIP is a container for other data.) I think on Osmo, the quality of the streams in two containers should be the same. You can take the data streams from an MOV and move it to an MP4 without any quality loss, and very quickly. The term for this is "remuxing". It sounds like you're on windows, and I don't know much about video tools on windows right now. Unfortunately, free video tools are a fairly scammy category of software, so be careful what you download. If you're technical at all, you should be able to do this easily using ffmpeg.

(Not trying to undermine your point about fixing the bug, just a pointer on something that might fix the issue in the meantime.)

Yes, all that is true. The real issue here is that parameters in the OP  are changing on their own. Like audio recording volume, exposure setting and the like. I haven’t had the problem yet,

One day I’m sure, I will join the club too.
2019-4-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules