863 4 2019-4-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
AntDX316
First Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

Upon starting up one time I had something happen where it was using different software.. I couldn't turn obstacle avoidance and other things.  N/A was for battery life.  How do I get the logs out.  Restarting the drone corrected the problem but it was already up in the air.  If I had gotten far it would have maybe flown away.  The features inside the app were also different.  It was like it Phantom 1 software or something giving the option for A P S or something.  An option for Orientation lock. etc.
2019-4-1
Use props
Sparkz71
lvl.4
Flight distance : 24259 ft
Australia

What do you mean by different software? Different or upgrade? Unless you connect to the drone, the DJI Go 4 app may display generic options. Once connected it should display device specific info.
I've been fooled by this 'bug' in the past.  I wish DJI Go 4 had  'offline' settings to avoid confusion. Unless you have a different problem?
My reasoning says I/we should be able to select the drone & adjust settings offline before flight. In the real world, it does not work - yet in 2019 it should be simple.
DJI offer too many products/drones in a single application - that is the problem & causes confusion for most.

Answer, downgrade the DJI app via APKmirror to 4.2.12 or below & ignore the most recent products. No advantage for Spark in the last 12 months - just a waste of space & resources.
If DJI don't provide suitable software, there are alternatives produced from the official SDK or you can hack away with and older version of DJI Assistant.  Like you, the drone cost money & we expect better support.   In this political & online world, anything may happen & turn you drone into a door stop.    Until the hackers resolve these things, as they always will. Just search the internet...

Happy flying, good luck.  
2019-4-1
Use props
Lysak2003
First Officer
Flight distance : 500052 ft
Ukraine

If you want to get the logs out, use this form: https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/
2019-4-1
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Sparkz71 Posted at 4-1 22:12
What do you mean by different software? Different or upgrade? Unless you connect to the drone, the DJI Go 4 app may display generic options. Once connected it should display device specific info.
I've been fooled by this 'bug' in the past.  I wish DJI Go 4 had  'offline' settings to avoid confusion. Unless you have a different problem?
My reasoning says I/we should be able to select the drone & adjust settings offline before flight. In the real world, it does not work - yet in 2019 it should be simple.

Different software such as it was like say a DJI Naza Phantom computer instead of the Spark '18 gen.  The features were from way back where you had a 3 or 4 position switch to determine what mode you want.  Also another switch if you want orientation lock/course lock or w/e where if you move it back towards you, no matter what direction it's facing it will fly back towards you.  This kind of different hardware/software.  I should have taken a screenshot but I thought it was "normal" or an update happened where I have new features but I could not turn obstacle awareness and palm controls on no matter what.

It works fine.. just that one time when it says N/A on the battery while it's in the air is not good.  I was looking at how the settings were wrong and I couldn't find the altitude numbers to change as the building I was going to Orbit was over 75M and I had my RTH alttitude to 40m as the tallest tree was 35m where I was flying before.

I prob hand launched so many times before the controller connected w/ face aware that it finally overloaded.  Also before at home I was using it trying to mess w/ the controls when it got near something and no matter what direction you do w/ the sticks it would not move.  So you can go crazy w/ the sticks but until it goes everything to center it will not move but when it does it's delayed.  Depending on how long it was "out" for (duration of how long you've been messing w/ the sticks out of center) determines how long it takes to regain control.  I could not get hand lock to work correctly w/ my left hand as my right is still kind of injured from endoing my e-bike under braking.  I'm not sure if it's supposed to be right all the time as I didn't know to test it at the time.  It did lock on the left Once after a while but it unlocks and does random stuff.  I just use auto-land then put my left under but it was drifting back.  I think the system got overloaded or something but after a compass calibration a few times well the compass calibration is confusing too because it says on the next screen after laying it flat for a 180 that it should be "nose" down then rotate but in the picture it's sideways down.  I got worried that I think the flyaways were when the nose was down instead of sideways as they didn't follow the picture but the words.  Making drones back in 2013-2015 all compass calibration was flat then Sideways not nose down (zero problem with RTH).  I had no problem with RTH when I do it sideways down.  I can't believe no way really looks at that to fix it at DJI.  Being in the air is the most crucial thing and everything Before going up should be read, reread, reread over and over that if any flaws are detected should be worked on immediately.  It was also fightening that when I was flying towards the building (with OTG) that it cut out a bit flying fast towards it so I had to let go or it would crash into the building but it has collision aware so I doubt.  It was a still image but I realized I'm holding the sticks so it's a collision course.
2019-4-2
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Lysak2003 Posted at 4-1 23:38
If you want to get the logs out, use this form: https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/

Do the logs show more beyond just what DJI flight viewer does in the app?  Will it show all the locking out of when I messed w/ the sticks and the N/A battery issues?  It's kind of a hassle popping everything out and in only for people to do nothing about it.
2019-4-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules