File naming bug?
867 3 2019-4-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
CemAygun
Second Officer
Flight distance : 810 ft
Turkey

Getting an overwrite warning again when copying my OP files, I have noticed something strange: There are no files starting with "DJI_1###", "DJI2###", "DJI3###" etc. The file naming resets to "DJI_0001" after 'DJI_0999", without using the first digit at all (it is always 0)

This causes quite a bit of inconvenience as you end up with same named files pretty quickly (every 999 shots).

Can anyone please check and confirm the bug?

Cheers,
2019-4-1
Use props
Ray-CubeAce
Second Officer

United Kingdom

The DJI numbering system leaves a lot to be desired but there are programs out there, normally as a part of an editing program that will allow you to rename files to whatever you like as they are imported onto your hard drives. If on the other hand, you transfer files directly to your phone, then I don't know if there are equivalent apps that do that.
2019-4-2
Use props
CemAygun
Second Officer
Flight distance : 810 ft
Germany

Ray-CubeAce Posted at 4-2 04:49
The DJI numbering system leaves a lot to be desired but there are programs out there, normally as a part of an editing program that will allow you to rename files to whatever you like as they are imported onto your hard drives. If on the other hand, you transfer files directly to your phone, then I don't know if there are equivalent apps that do that.

Well renaming is not a big problem but it is an unnecessary inconvenience. I will try to see if the new firmware fixed this issue (highly unlikely, yet...).

PS: I am too old school to do anything on my phone, I barely touch the thing unless I have to
2019-4-2
Use props
Ray-CubeAce
Second Officer

United Kingdom

CemAygun Posted at 4-2 07:16
Well renaming is not a big problem but it is an unnecessary inconvenience. I will try to see if the new firmware fixed this issue (highly unlikely, yet...).

PS: I am too old school to do anything on my phone, I barely touch the thing unless I have to

Yes, I agree but you should only have to set it up once.

PS: I am too old school to do anything on my phone, I barely touch the thing unless I have to

Same here   
2019-4-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules