DJI local representative has damaged by Mavic Air Controller
1075 5 2019-4-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
pelys
lvl.1
United Arab Emirates

Hi There,

I wish to report an anomaly in the design of the Mavic Air remote Controller and consequences which I faced as a consequence.

After using my newly acquired Mavic Air twice and recharging all batteries once (Mavic Air and Controller), I decided to re-charge them again as I planned to fly the Mavic Air on the following day. Until that point, all systems were working perfectly.

When I plugged the remote controller for re-charging, I noticed that no light appeared as per the first recharge.

I decided to bring the Mavic Air Controller to the DJI representative in Dubai. His first remark to me was that the warranty would apply and that he was aware of mutiple similar failures on the Mavic Air Controller. He indicated that DJI was aware of this defect. He also informed me that there was no Mavic Air Controller available in the shop and therefore the controller was to be sent back to DJI. To my surprise, he indicated that I had to pay for the shipment of the controller back to DJI for repair.

It was my first experience buy a drone and I complained that such an expensive device would be expected not to have these defects and that the after sale service appeared defective to me. He then proposed that one technician tries to fix the issue as he did in previous similar cases. I accepted.

After a few days, he indicated to me:
- that DJI would no provide garanty on the basis that the problem came from a "user error" follwing"improper installation, incorrect use , or operation". I totally denied this and continue to do so. Indeed, I note that I was able to re-charge and use the controller once without any issue.
- he indicated to me that the technician managed to solve the issue. he sent me a video showing indeed the controller charging normaly.
- after a few minutes, he sent me another video stating that the usd port COULD NO LONGER BE USED to connect my phone with the controller, but that I could use the other USB port.
- he called me agin after a few minutes and stated that the controller was not working any more and that he had to send it to DJI for repair at my cost.
- both videos have now be kept as evidence.

I wish to complain about several issues in the process which, in my opinion are to be addressed by DJI:
1. if DJI is aware of a defect in the Mavic Air Controller design, why does DJI continue to sell them.
2. DJI is not selling any controller as accessory, so that the only choices I have is to stop using my newly acquired drone, or to by a complete to set, or to pay for a repair and shipment as a result of an inherent defect.
3. The statements from DJI that I misused the device is wrong and no evidence was provided by DJI.
3. In my case, the liability of the local representative of DJI is obvious as he aggravated the issue instead of solving it. My controller seems now to be completely out of order and the local DJI agent keeps deferring the resolution of this problem to DJI.
4. Today, I spent a bit of time reading threads on the DJI forum. I realised that there are several similar after sale and warranty complaints. I also noticed that in some instances, DJI seems to find solutions to issues in an efficient way, but not always. I hope that they consider United Arab Emirates as a country which is worth considering for good servicing.

As a conclusion, I would appreciate if DJI could read this Thread and contact me in order to find a satisfactory outcome.

regards,
2019-4-4
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hi pelys, sorry to know the concerning issues you had with your Mavic Air.  In relation to this, I will formally seek the attention of the designated team for further assistance to check and see what we might possibly help you with. Kindly PM us your basic info for us to proceed in creating a case. We hope to resolve the soonest time possible. Thank you for understanding.  
2019-4-4
Use props
pelys
lvl.1
United Arab Emirates

Hello Diana,

Thanks for your reply. I understand that the remote controller has been sent to DJI by the local representative who presumably did damages to it. I don't have reference for the shipment.

Also, please indicate how to PM and the information which you need.

Thanks in advance
2019-4-4
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

pelys Posted at 4-4 10:30
Hello Diana,

Thanks for your reply. I understand that the remote controller has been sent to DJI by the local representative who presumably did damages to it. I don't have reference for the shipment.

Hi pelys, we have sent you a message. Kindly check it later. Thank you.
2019-4-5
Use props
pelys
lvl.1
United Arab Emirates

DJI Diana Posted at 4-5 07:59
Hi pelys, we have sent you a message. Kindly check it later. Thank you.

Hello Diana,

I wished to complete this post with my experience with DJI in the support services. I was pleased to see that the problem which I have faced have been monitored by DJI. DJI found an solution to the problem and applied it irrespective of the instructions given by the faulty local representative.

I am grateful that DJI satisfactorily solved the problem.

Best regards,

Pierre
2019-4-29
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

pelys Posted at 4-29 09:32
Hello Diana,

I wished to complete this post with my experience with DJI in the support services. I was pleased to see that the problem which I have faced have been monitored by DJI. DJI found an solution to the problem and applied it irrespective of the instructions given by the faulty local representative.

Hi Pelys, thank you for your kind words. I'm delighted to hear that you had such a great experience interacting with our support. Thank you also for giving us the opportunity to help. Should you have further inquiries, please don't hesitate to reach us. We're here to help. Thank you.
2019-4-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules