DJI Declines to Warranty a crash
1872 11 2019-4-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Wally Fish
lvl.1
Canada

I recently sent my drone in for warranty service as it crashed itself. I have spoken to the first, second, third and now fourth person regarding this and they keep repeating the same useless information. As you can see from the attached drone flight data, it crashed at 65 MPH... which all Mavic 2 owners know is basically impossible. Does anyone here know how to speak to someone at DJI that actually knows anything? or are they just famous for not honoring the warranty on their product?
drone.jpg

Any help on how to speak to a person at DJI with any actual technical knowledge of these dones would be great.

2019-4-4
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi Wally, we are sorry for the crash accident, the drone was crashed because you were flying the drone towards an uphill snow mountain and then it hit the snow ground. Your case has been escalated to the higher level team, we will transfer your concern to them for further review, they will keep following up, thanks for your patience.
2019-4-4
Use props
fans7c2636b5
New

Germany

According to my knowledge the Mavic 2 cannot achieve this much of speed, if there is 3D fix in GPS and all the proximity sensors are working then some magnetic interference may be the cause. BTW where were you flying your mavic ?
2019-4-4
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Norway

I’d say it’s quite the opposite, DJI are really forward when awarding warranty’s.
Although you have shown a synopsis of you flight log, it really means very little until you first explain the situation of where and how you were flying, and to back this up you need to post full log .
I’m sure you will get a fair response from members .
Good Luck
2019-4-5
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

"and they keep repeating the same useless information"

What is DJI saying was cause of crash?   

(Reason for DJI declining to fix your drone under warranty.)

2019-4-5
Use props
KlooGee
First Officer
Flight distance : 16783757 ft
  • >>>
United States

I think it would help us to help you if you posted the link to your log here as well as provided additional details about the crash and why DJI is saying they are denying your warranty claim.  The more details you provide, the more the community here will be able to assist you.
2019-4-6
Use props
Wally Fish
lvl.1
Canada

So this drone has actually crashed itself twice.
The crash that Mindy is referring to is one where they say I flew the drone into an uphill slope. In actual fact I brought the drone to stop... It then accelerated towards the slope by itself... I stopped it again... It did it again, I turned it around and it backed itself into the hill. After the drone crashed I put an input into the controller to fly away from the slope, which they tell me is me flying it into the slope.
If you guys are interested I can send that flight log too for fun.

But the big crash was before that where it crashed at 103km/h. We all know that the Mavic isn't supposed to go that fast so it's kind of impossible for me to have made this one happen.
I was playing around at the beginning of the flight and testing the collision avoidance and stuff like that. After it was under good control and it had a GPS lock and all that stuff I took it a little farther away.
At about 58 seconds into the flight I notice that its not responding correctly to the pitch control and it's trying to fly away from me. I full reverse the controls but it still continues slowly in the same direction it was going. In an effort to not have it fly off into the distance I turn it around. It then starts accelerating quickly. It passes over my head at which point I let go of the controls to see if it will correct itself.
Now you will see at that point of the flight the log shows the controls with the left stick full down and left and the right stick full down and right. So that is a "believe me or not" but that's what I did...
DJI has my drone right now so I can't test what those control inputs would do exactly, but I can't figure how it would end up in a reasonably straight line at 103km/h anyways. I figure those inputs would end up in a descending circle? One of the things that doesn't seem right to me is the compass... I'm 90% sure that when it went over my head it was facing forward... Memories in events that happen this quickly can be wrong but I'm pretty sure of that.

Really, regardless of what any of the inputs or anything were at the time of the flight we all know that the speed of this drone should have been capped at 35km/h in position mode anyways.

The scariest part of this is that the drone flew at 100km/h about 10' from a guy working in the field where it crashed. As you can imagine he was a bit shaken up. Thank god it didn't hit him.

It's been a very frustrating waste of time typing emails to DJI that they are obviously not reading and trying to weasel out of replacing this drone.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/nrz6e6p3huqli9y/DJIFlightRecord_2018-11-29_%5B13-13-54%5D.txt?dl=0

That's the flight log of the first crash. I've never sent a flight log to a forum before so let me know if there's a better way.
If you guys care I'll send the second crash too.
2019-4-11
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Wally Fish Posted at 4-11 06:08
So this drone has actually crashed itself twice.
The crash that Mindy is referring to is one where they say I flew the drone into an uphill slope. In actual fact I brought the drone to stop... It then accelerated towards the slope by itself... I stopped it again... It did it again, I turned it around and it backed itself into the hill. After the drone crashed I put an input into the controller to fly away from the slope, which they tell me is me flying it into the slope.
If you guys are interested I can send that flight log too for fun.

I understand your frustration and very sorry for the inconvenience. The designated team will keep following up your case and update for you. Appreciate your support and patience.
2019-4-13
Use props
Wally Fish
lvl.1
Canada

Wow.. So now they have the data and they don't bother to explain why the drone travels over 100km/h, but they just tell me I did it and they won't warranty the crash... Unbelievable

Did anyone have a look at this?
2019-4-17
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Wally Fish Posted at 4-17 10:04
Wow.. So now they have the data and they don't bother to explain why the drone travels over 100km/h, but they just tell me I did it and they won't warranty the crash... Unbelievable

Did anyone have a look at this?

Hi Wally, your concern has been forwarded to the team to double review, we will have someone to contact you after making it clear, thank you.
2019-4-18
Use props
?ehan $iddiqi
lvl.1
Flight distance : 329760 ft
Canada

KlooGee Posted at 4-6 19:47
I think it would help us to help you if you posted the link to your log here as well as provided additional details about the crash and why DJI is saying they are denying your warranty claim.  The more details you provide, the more the community here will be able to assist you.

Hello man i need your help...  need some advise my drone crashed
2019-6-1
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

?ehan $iddiqi Posted at 6-1 02:03
Hello man i need your help...  need some advise my drone crashed

Hi KlooGee, sorry for the crash accident, we hope KlooGee could help with your concern, at the same time, if your drone is still under warranty, please contact our support team www.dji.com/support to start a ticket for the data analysis.
2019-6-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules