Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Things DJI should have included with the Phantom 3...
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Victor7k
lvl.2

Canada

1. Lens cap
2. HDMI Port on controller
3. Bag/case
4. Inspire 1 device holder...
5. Neck strap
6. Pilot app : Ground-Station, Follow-me, Waypoints... Etc

7. ND filter
8. A non-defective gimbal ;)
9. Lens cleaner - spray, cloth...
10. key chain
11. Complete instruction manual.

Am I missing anything here? What else should they have included?
I'm not buying my P3 until perhaps mid July... Do you think by then DJI would include some or all of that with the P3??

$1K for a drone that does not have these things... idk

2015-6-6
Use props
sploodge
lvl.4
Flight distance : 809350 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

1. Lens cap - Would ahve increased cost.. Yeah a little but still.. Also its looks like DJI don't want to make too much accessories and seem to leave it to 3rd party.
2. HDMI Port on controller - Again would have added cost. One will be available soon though as an user upgradable part. I think its best this way as people can choose if they want one or not. Most will have no use for it.
3. Bag/case  - Would have bumpled the cost - Also available as a bundle now. Its also an user preference thing, some might not need the DJI one.
4. Much better device holder... - Nothing wrong with the holder..
5. Neck strap  - Again, cost and user preference.. Why add cost that some might not like?
6. Pilot app : Ground-Station, Follow-me, Waypoints... Etc - Some of these will be soon, others probably a bit later.

You can now buy the official DJI Hardshell Backpack
Remember to buy extra propellers and one or two spare batteries to keep you flying
www.Phantom-Guide.co.uk - The Ultimate Phantom 3 Resource

2015-6-6
Use props
nixonactive
lvl.2

United Kingdom

sploodge Posted at 2015-6-7 00:29
1. Lens cap - Would ahve increased cost.. Yeah a little but still.. Also its looks like DJI don't wa ...

Personally speaking as a new P3 owner, I think it's a great machine.

However out of that list I'd have appreciated a lens cap ( wouldn't dream of buying a £££'s camera lens without one ) and an optional case. Otherwise I can't fault it!

Cheers,

Nick
2015-6-6
Use props
Victor7k
lvl.2

Canada

When Your paying $1K for a drone you would expect it to have some things other then the drone itself and the RC...
2015-6-6
Use props
PhantomHelp.com
First Officer
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

Victor7k, you can find all of the missing accessories (and more) here:
http://www.PhantomHelp.com/#P3

The Phantom tablet holder gives a lot since the mount is made of plastic. And, it becomes pretty wobbly over time. The best permanent fix is to install the Inspire 1 tablet holder. Your tablet mount will be rock solid then. Check out the following link for a comparison between the two mounts:

http://www.phantompilots.com/thr ... -tablet-mount.42864

www.PhantomHelp.com
Find the latest must-haves, fixes, mods, how-tos, guides, and accessories for your Phantom.
Phantoms in stock and ready to ship worldwide! (see availability)
2015-6-6
Use props
MacNimation
lvl.2

Ireland

They could have just mapped the P3 to the existing Inspire 1 controller?
I have mapped the P3 to one of my Futaba transmitters and have tested it 5 km away and it works fine as the Futaba has a more powerful signal.
2015-6-6
Use props
Victor7k
lvl.2

Canada

PhantomHelp.com Posted at 2015-6-7 03:26
Victor7k, you can find all of the missing accessories (and more) here:
http://www.PhantomHelp.com/#P ...

Wow, thanks!
I hope dji will add some of those things listed...
2015-6-6
Use props
sploodge
lvl.4
Flight distance : 809350 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

MacNimation Posted at 2015-6-7 03:26
They could have just mapped the P3 to the existing Inspire 1 controller?
I have mapped the P3 to one ...

Since when can the Phantom 3 work with a Futaba controller?
2015-6-6
Use props
isaache
lvl.3
Spain

1. Lens cap - I second that.
2. HDMI Port on controller - Use a Nvidia Shield as tabled and you will have HDMI out, not exactly the same you are asking for as it is not going to be "clean" but still HDMI out
3. Bag/case  - As already mentioned this is already available in many different forms and shapes, I don't think DJI should add a case because there is quite a few people owning P1 and P2 that already have that.
4. Much better device holder... - I don't see anything wrong with the plastic holder, if you don't like the wobbling after a few uses use the cello tape trick.
5. Neck strap  - I second that, a basic one, nothing fancy like the Inspire 1
6. Pilot app : Ground-Station, Follow-me, Waypoints... Etc - GS and Waypoints are the same and are at the works already, "follow-me" I have no clue.

Isaac
2015-6-6
Use props
Ulysse
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1389931 ft
  • >>>
Belgium

1. NO lens on earth is delivered without a Lens cap.
2. I don't think so. There should be some advantages to the Inspire 1
3. The hard shell should have been nice with the Pro : with the same camera sensor and even with the 4K I can't find the price gap between the Advanced and the Pro
4. Right. The current one is not adapted to big tablets.
6. Should have been on the market at the time of launch instead of "promises".
2015-6-6
Use props
aburkefl
lvl.4
Flight distance : 78612 ft
United States

Since you haven't purchased your P3 yet, shop around for dealers and what they're providing.
Although it wasn't an expensive item, I ordered my P3 from DroneNerds and received a free neck strap.
2015-6-6
Use props
Victor7k
lvl.2

Canada

I contacted DJI if they will ever include any of those things and they said at the moment the neck strap, lens cap, HDMI adapter and ground station are not currently available, but they will be soon. And they also said the inspire device holder is the same as the phantom 3s... No it's not. ;)
2015-6-6
Use props
P3PO
lvl.3
Flight distance : 16083 ft
United States

I don't know what al the fuss is about not getting a lens cap, I park my P3P in its case so it is well protected. More chance of getting lens damage while flying than sitting in case or on a shelf. I quit using my lens cap on my P2V+ as it was a pain to keep putting it on and taking it off. Its like all those that have to have a screen protector on their phones and tablets, all the years of owning phones and tablets, i have never had a scratched screen. Not to say that some folks may be more abusive with their equipment than others maybe they need the caps and protectors. Just sayin.
2015-6-6
Use props
Victor7k
lvl.2

Canada

That's weird... My friends p3 came with a dji neck strap and he ordered directly from dji. Not a RC store.
2015-6-6
Use props
Rimas_M
lvl.2

Lithuania

- a non deffective gimbal
2015-6-6
Use props
djiphantom3xx
lvl.2

Canada

& mac - how do you "map" a controller?
2015-6-7
Use props
FantomDK
lvl.4

Denmark

ND-filter
2015-6-7
Use props
Victor7k
lvl.2

Canada

And how about a complete full instructions manual
2015-6-7
Use props
MacNimation
lvl.2

Ireland

djiphantom3xx Posted at 2015-6-7 18:28
& mac - how do you "map" a controller?

Maybe using the phrase "binding" would have been better than mapping. If you have a Futaba with FASST, usually costs a lot, you can program it to work with the Phantoms. Lots of Youtube videos showing how it can be done.
2015-6-7
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2605 ft
  • >>>
United States

sploodge Posted at 2015-6-7 04:39
Since when can the Phantom 3 work with a Futaba controller?

It cannot.  The OP does not know what he is talking about.
2015-6-7
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

MacNimation Posted at 2015-6-8 00:09
Maybe using the phrase "binding" would have been better than mapping. If you have a Futaba with FA ...

Not with a lightbridge equipped craft.  This is not equipped with a regular 2.4gHz RC receiver.  Lightbridge is totally digital and able to transmit HD video as well as RC control.  Please stop putting out misinformation if you don't know the system.
2015-6-7
Use props
Victor7k
lvl.2

Canada

Tahoe_Ed Posted at 2015-6-8 00:26
Not with a lightbridge equipped craft.  This is not equipped with a regular 2.4gHz RC receiver.  L ...

Do you know if dji will provide any of those things listed in a future production phantom? Thx
2015-6-7
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Victor7k Posted at 2015-6-8 00:55
Do you know if dji will provide any of those things listed in a future production phantom? Thx

They are selling a bundle with the P3, hard case and extra lipo right now.  I have heard nothing about the other items.  I purchased my ND filters from Polar Pro.  I will have them tomorrow.  You don't always have to wait for DJI and opine the lack of other equipment that you would like.  Sometimes you actually have to go out and buy it if you want to use the tool for a specific purpose.  The firmwares issues will be solved soon with waypoints, POI, etc, if not by DJI by a SDK developer.
2015-6-7
Use props
Fulgerite
lvl.4

United States

You don't understand.  You bought a $5,000 drone for $1,000.  You practically STOLE it for what it can do.
2015-6-7
Use props
Fulgerite
lvl.4

United States

Tahoe_Ed Posted at 2015-6-8 01:08
They are selling a bundle with the P3, hard case and extra lipo right now.  I have heard nothing ab ...

I have the Polar Pro filters.  They are heavy and make the camera unbalanced.
2015-6-7
Use props
Fulgerite
lvl.4

United States

Tahoe_Ed Posted at 2015-6-8 01:08
They are selling a bundle with the P3, hard case and extra lipo right now.  I have heard nothing ab ...

I have the Polar Pro filters.  They are significantly heavier than the original and this unbalances the camera and makes it front heavy.
2015-6-7
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Fulgerite Posted at 2015-6-8 02:53
I have the Polar Pro filters.  They are significantly heavier than the original and this unbalance ...

How does it work when in the air?  Are the gimbal servos heating up or are they ok.  I will not have mine until tomorrow so I cannot comment on my testing.
2015-6-7
Use props
labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Victor7k Posted at 2015-6-7 03:07
When Your paying $1K for a drone you would expect it to have some things other then the drone itself ...

At $1K the Phantom 3 is a gift and you're complaining about a lens cap?!!
Prior to the P3, it cost $1300 to get Lightbridge that you could install on your drone.It's included free with the P3.

"how about a complete full instructions manual "
How hard is it to download the latest, up-to-date version rather than have an obsolete paper copy?
2015-6-7
Use props
info.marcelvoss
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1795 ft
Netherlands

After one week of use I have thought of 2 features that I would really like to see included in the next software (I guess the hardware is able to do this)

1.  Being able to assign the buttons on the back of the controler to tilt left / tilt right  the camera as a workaround for the YAW drift horizon problem

2. Being able to send a command to the Phantom 3 from the remote to let it make a beeping noise so you can locate it when it lands in a place near you and you can't find it. Mine auto-landed in a cornfield because I set the critical level too high on the first flight. I had to search for it 30 minutes even though it was very close to me..
Esp. these first few flights a lot of things can and will go wrong and its better to have some extra tricks up your sleeve for that.

2015-6-8
Use props
MacNimation
lvl.2

France

Tahoe_Ed Posted at 2015-6-8 00:26
Not with a lightbridge equipped craft.  This is not equipped with a regular 2.4gHz RC receiver.  L ...

NP, I will stop using it then and go back to the normal transmittor
2015-6-8
Use props
aburkefl
lvl.4
United States

Victor7k Posted at 2015-6-7 21:20
And how about a complete full instructions manual

I don't have a convenient way to post (attach) a file here. If you'll contact me offline

ABURKEFL AT GMAIL DOT COM

I'll send you something I made - then you can tell me if it helps or not.
2015-6-8
Use props
aburkefl
lvl.4
United States

info.marcelvoss Posted at 2015-6-8 16:39
After one week of use I have thought of 2 features that I would really like to see included in the n ...

Personally, I think the best trick most people can keep up their sleeve is to be very careful on those initial flights. Don't do anything rash, pick a wide-open area, preferably treeless area and go very slowly.

I'm amazed how many "maiden flight" videos I've seen where John Doe (where are the women drone owners??) fires up his brand-new drone in a tiny backyard next to the barbecue grill, zooms up from suburbia to about 500 feet. So much for slow, steady and careful.

Saw one the other day where a guy scoped out a large semi-abandoned parking lot. Not only was the entire area paved with disaster-providing asphalt/cement, but there were some big scraggly trees and light standards all over the place. If something goes wrong and my bird falls 30 feet out of the air, I'd much prefer it to fall in a picnic area than on something more firm than terra firma!
2015-6-8
Use props
info.marcelvoss
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1795 ft
Netherlands

aburkefl@gmail. Posted at 2015-6-8 18:56
Personally, I think the best trick most people can keep up their sleeve is to be very careful on t ...

I agree, but as a first time flyer you can't know everything and sometimes things happen that you dont expect'.  I consider myself an extremely cautious person , but even after watching a lot of videos and reading the manual and carefully flying it , my Phantom landed in the grainfield automatically because I set the critical level at a higher value just to be safe. So for me it would have been a nice feature to be able to let the drone make beeping sounds so I could hear where it was.

Luckily I was smart enough to check the recorded video to see where it landed before the battery was totally empty... Otherwise I would not have found it without trashing that whole field, and also risking stepping on it in the process....

BTW, it would be nice to have an 'angry drunk neighbor protection' installed in the next model too ;)

2015-6-8
Use props
CapitAn
lvl.4
  • >>>
Canada

aburkefl@gmail. Posted at 2015-6-8 18:56
Personally, I think the best trick most people can keep up their sleeve is to be very careful on t ...

We're here   Now that the systems are RTF and l don't have to build stuff, l'm the proud owner of 4 quads and love this hobby.
l've sent you an email btw from your post above.
2015-6-8
Use props
Victor7k
lvl.2

Canada

labroides@yahoo Posted at 2015-6-8 14:30
At $1K the Phantom 3 is a gift and you're complaining about a lens cap?!!
Prior to the P3, it cost ...

Did you sh*t your pants this morning? Calm down. I can see your a little b*tch in person.
No lens is delivered without a lens cap. Would you be happy if your phantom arrived and there was a scratch on your lens?
2015-6-8
Use props
labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

You don't have the Phantom 3.
You don't have any appreciation of what a good machine it is or what an absolute bargain it is.
But you're whinging that DJI are giving $2000+ drones away without some cheap trinkets.
"Would you be happy if your phantom arrived and there was a scratch on your lens? "
Since I have a P3, I know how it comes packed and how unlikely that irrelevant hypothetical scenario is.

And you're giving away free character assessments as well  ..  lovely!
2015-6-8
Use props
aaron.ferguson
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1641752 ft
United Kingdom

Tahoe_Ed Posted at 2015-6-8 08:50
How does it work when in the air?  Are the gimbal servos heating up or are they ok.  I will not ha ...

According to their specs they only add around 4g over the stock filter (surely not enough to cause a problem?). http://polarprofilters.com/shop/DJI-Phantom-3-Filter
2015-6-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules