Safely Transporting the Osmo Pocket
2095 8 2019-4-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
rubenv
lvl.2
United States

The new compact packaging of the Osmo Pocket includes the device already in the hard shell case. The gimbal comes with a yellow safety foam in between the base and the camera with a note to remove before start up.

If the Osmo Pocket is in the case, the camera still has some space to move around.

Does anyone use the yellow safety foam when they travel (place it back between the base and camera)?
2019-4-5
Use props
Wiz33
Second Officer
Flight distance : 35994 ft
  • >>>
United States

No. The original shipment does not have it so never use it. The 2nd one comes in new package with yellow foam but I didn't use it either.
2019-4-5
Use props
rubenv
lvl.2
United States

Wiz33 Posted at 4-5 10:23
No. The original shipment does not have it so never use it. The 2nd one comes in new package with yellow foam but I didn't use it either.

Thanks for your input!
I just tried putting the yellow foam back and realized that it does nothing to stop the movement. So I guess it's simply the way it is and it's prepared to slightly move around in the case.

I'm just overthinking it
2019-4-5
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thanks for the inquiry. You may use this safety foam when traveling, however, the foam should be removed prior to turning on the Osmo Pocket. We're hoping that you could get the best recommendation that you need. Thank you for continued support.
2019-4-5
Use props
Wiz33
Second Officer
Flight distance : 35994 ft
  • >>>
United States

rubenv Posted at 4-5 10:29
Thanks for your input!
I just tried putting the yellow foam back and realized that it does nothing to stop the movement. So I guess it's simply the way it is and it's prepared to slightly move around in the case.

I carry mine in my jacket's pocket everyday and just keep it in the case, I've probably bang my jacket into table and doors a lot of times but long as it's in the case. I felt it's well protected. But I do try to be careful when it's being used out of the case.
2019-4-5
Use props
DJDream
lvl.3
Israel

How the yellow foam looks like?
2019-4-5
Use props
rubenv
lvl.2
United States

DJDream Posted at 4-5 14:17
How the yellow foam looks like?

It can be seen here:
2019-4-5
Use props
Stuge234
lvl.3
India

I don't think Osmo Pocket is that fragile to be carried that way for day to day use.
2019-4-5
Use props
buddy07720
lvl.1
Flight distance : 9058 ft
United Kingdom

I have kept the very top piece of foam in (above the head, not the one in the pic above) not sure if you should, but to me it must help to protect it. Will I cause any damage by doing so?
2023-8-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules