Phantom 3 SE Camera Issue
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
PhantomMaster
New
United States

Hi, I have an issue with my Phantom 3 SE.  I crashed it bad enough to bend the Yaw Arm on the camera.  I bought the part and tried the repair.  Now when I power up the drone, the camera "thrashes".  There appears to be no gimbal function and the camera keeps moving up against the stops.

Has anyone dealt with this?
Does anyone know a good repair shop?
Does anyone know a good source for that camera?

Would appreciate it if you could help.

JAC

2019-4-5
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day JAC, I am sorry to know that your DJI Phantom 3 SE crashed before. Since this issue is happened. It appears that this issue needs to be diagnosed by our team. I would recommend you to contact our DJI support team to start up a ticket at https://www.dji.com/support . We have the professional team who would do their best to find out the reason of the incident and then the corresponding resolution would be provided. Please note that the repair fee would depend on the warranty of the product and the outcome of the analysis otherwise, valid charges will apply. Thank for your support.
2019-4-5
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

That's a classic wrecked gimbal and they are notoriously difficult to fix regardless of what model AC you have.  Best thing may be to replace the entire camera gimbal assembly.  Unfortunately the SE is not particularly popular so it may be difficult to find one new or used.  Good luck.  
2019-4-6
Use props
PhantomMaster
New
United States

Mark The Droner Posted at 4-6 03:34
That's a classic wrecked gimbal and they are notoriously difficult to fix regardless of what model AC you have.  Best thing may be to replace the entire camera gimbal assembly.  Unfortunately the SE is not particularly popular so it may be difficult to find one new or used.  Good luck.

Thanks, Mark.  I may follow Stephen's advice and contact support.  
2019-4-6
Use props
PhantomMaster
New
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 4-5 11:40
Hello and good day JAC, I am sorry to know that your DJI Phantom 3 SE crashed before. Since this issue is happened. It appears that this issue needs to be diagnosed by our team. I would recommend you to contact our DJI support team to start up a ticket at https://www.dji.com/support . We have the professional team who would do their best to find out the reason of the incident and then the corresponding resolution would be provided. Please note that the repair fee would depend on the warranty of the product and the outcome of the analysis otherwise, valid charges will apply. Thank for your support.

Thanks, Stephen.  I will reach out to them today.
2019-4-6
Use props
PhantomMaster
New
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 4-5 11:40
Hello and good day JAC, I am sorry to know that your DJI Phantom 3 SE crashed before. Since this issue is happened. It appears that this issue needs to be diagnosed by our team. I would recommend you to contact our DJI support team to start up a ticket at https://www.dji.com/support . We have the professional team who would do their best to find out the reason of the incident and then the corresponding resolution would be provided. Please note that the repair fee would depend on the warranty of the product and the outcome of the analysis otherwise, valid charges will apply. Thank for your support.

Stephen, I went to dji.com/support.  I tried to enter my serial number, and the web form kept defaulting to a serial number that is not mine.  

This support activity is not starting well...
2019-4-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules