RAW Files Corrupt
851 7 2019-4-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Amarand
lvl.3
Flight distance : 160531 ft
United States

I just imported images from today and a flight from back -before- my extended warranty expired, and had I checked those back then, I might have had a warranty claim if this is an issue with the Mavic Air.

BUT...

As you can see by the shared images, about 50% of what I shot today looks like this.

https://imgur.com/a/o6o1PfE

I only shoot RAW (I shoot over 4,000 RAW images a day on my DSLR and use Adobe Lightroom to process them) - and I've never seen a problem like this before.

I actually tried opening up one of the weird-looking JPG files and Windows says Warning: Corrupted file. Eek!

I've tried two separate readers, my Lexar USB 3.0 and my Transcend USB 3.0 and both have the same problem.

My next step is going to be to format the memory card (which is on the approved list for the Mavic Air - I bought the best I could) and try again.

Any tips/tricks/ideas?  Has anyone seen this before?

2019-4-6
Use props
Charissa
First Officer
Flight distance : 689334 ft
South Africa

I had a brand new Sandisk Extreme card, paid premium price for it, that was corrupted after the first format. Had the same bands (but green).They replaced it for me, but I could never get the images back. I would not use the card for anything importand if I were you, and I would definitely ask for a replacement.
2019-4-6
Use props
Amarand
lvl.3
United States

Charissa Posted at 4-6 12:33
I had a brand new Sandisk Extreme card, paid premium price for it, that was corrupted after the first format. Had the same bands (but green).They replaced it for me, but I could never get the images back. I would not use the card for anything importand if I were you, and I would definitely ask for a replacement.

Thanks for the recommendation!
2019-4-6
Use props
Amarand
lvl.3
United States

Having said that, is there an official way to format these memory cards?  I can format them on my PC, or I guess there's a built-in format feature on the Mavic Air maybe? (I'm assuming?)

Is there a particular format that's better supported?  I know you can format most memory cards to FAT32, ExFAT, and maybe NTFS.
2019-4-6
Use props
Hurley1718
First Officer
Flight distance : 549295 ft
  • >>>
United States

The card could be dirty. Maybe wiping the contacts with an alcohol wipe might help. Another thing to try is saving your RAW files to the internal storage (if yours has one). This will either rule out the card or the drone. You could have a defective card. Good luck.
2019-4-6
Use props
ChrisJG
First Officer
Flight distance : 1725341 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Not seen exactly the same issue, but have had a defective card not save images from my Spark, didn’t think cards failed, but despite formatting it, the problem remained. Try the suspect card in your DSLR for a few quick test shots? That will confirm your findings. Good luck!
2019-4-6
Use props
Amarand
lvl.3
United States

Amarand Posted at 4-6 12:59
Having said that, is there an official way to format these memory cards?  I can format them on my PC, or I guess there's a built-in format feature on the Mavic Air maybe? (I'm assuming?)

Is there a particular format that's better supported?  I know you can format most memory cards to FAT32, ExFAT, and maybe NTFS.

After quite a few  flights with no issues, I believe I resolved the issue:

Format the card inside the Mavic using the DJI app. Easy!

Thanks to everyone for great advice!
2019-4-21
Use props
QQRUCH
First Officer
Flight distance : 595518 ft
Spain

Amarand Posted at 4-21 05:00
After quite a few  flights with no issues, I believe I resolved the issue:

Format the card inside the Mavic using the DJI app. Easy!

Hello Amarand, thanks for you feedback its a good info.

best regards & fly safely
2019-4-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules