Can M2P Navagate to a GPS coordinate
521 2 2019-4-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Fly Jay
lvl.2
Flight distance : 525 ft
United States

I work on a Fireboat and many of our SAR's start with a GPS position. Scrambling a drone to get eyes on a position quickly sounds like a good sell for our newly developing UAS Program. Can a GPS coordinate be entered into the GO4 app / intellegent flight mode to have the drone simply fly to it. I don't seem to see this function within the manuals. Thank you for any information.

2019-4-6
Use props
AlansDronePics
First Officer
Flight distance : 814751 ft
Guernsey

I cant imagine typing in the coordinates would be a safe thing to do.
It would need altitude data as well.
Even if you could type all those values in, what about possible obstructions between take off and target.
I suspect what you actually want are the coordinated to show a marker on the device map, a bit like a place of interest.
DJI do something similar when they create the airport zones so they show on the map, as an overlay. However, I believe that data is in an encrypted download from them, so you won't be able to access it.
Just a guess, can the lyche app help. I seem to recall that waypoints can be added outside the drone. If that was practical, you could use that function, whilst monitoring the altitude and obstructions.
2019-4-7
Use props
Fly Jay
lvl.2
Flight distance : 525 ft
United States

Bear with me, I'm new the UAV world and just thinking up some "what if " scenarios in which the drone could be utilized in our program. I operate from a large Fireboat in a commercial port in Southern California.  As we are in open water, obstructions are not an issue.  Many of our emergency responses include disabled boats, people in the water, lost swimmers ect.  Intel usually includes a GPS Coordinate which we enter into the boat's navigation equipment giving us information such as distance, heading, time ect. to the position. My thought was entering the coordinates into the drone software, allowing the drone to speed ahead and get eyes on the scene before we could get there. The Coast Guard will usually scramble air assets, although there is lag time to consider.  I realize there are lots of considerations such as distance (VLOS), launching and recovering from a moving ship, weather ect. Just brainstorming and wondering if somewhere in the GO4App you could enter a coordinate/GPS position and have the drone "go to it".
2019-4-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules