SPark Prop Guards
765 6 2019-4-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jdharrin
lvl.1
Flight distance : 68802 ft
United States

I weighed the four prop guards - 38 grams or 1.3 oz.  Anyone know how much the added weight costs in battery runtime?  Are we talking minutes or just a few seconds?

JD

2019-4-7
Use props
MccloudSpark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 27562 ft

United States

No scientific data here but the battery time reduction is very small.  I'm thinking <30 seconds.  There are so many other factors involved - your speed, wind, camera usage, etc.
2019-4-7
Use props
sparkdrone
lvl.3
Flight distance : 9593 ft
United States

Not sure, I don't have them.  
2019-4-8
Use props
D2_cayde
lvl.4
United States

just keep in mind that the more weight that you add to the drone, it might effect the performance of the battery  
2019-4-8
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain
Malaysia

Not sure about that
2019-4-9
Use props
GetHigh
lvl.3
Flight distance : 163619 ft
United States

I would think the aerodynamics is as much a factor as the weight. Just hovering, weight might be the primary. However in zooming along especially in sport mode or factoring in wind. What about the turbulence difference with the prop guards. I have not done specific tests nor the math to calculate this. Just an assumption and food for thought. I have noticed, what seems like an increase in sound when my prop guards are installed. That in itself would translate to greater inefficiency of airflow. Perhaps a test might be to put it in a controlled environment, with a steady amount of wind, flying while being timed. Do this with the guards on and also with them removed. Almost need a wind-tunnel for this, if accuracy is important.
2019-4-9
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

My opinion:  Does it matter, indoors? Outdoors are guards not really recommendable, imho!
2019-4-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules