Mavic 2 weak signal
7883 11 2019-4-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Blackchim
lvl.1
Finland

Hello Everyone

My M2P use to lost signal when I fly away around 460m - 490m from my location, I do alway pointing the remote to my drone under the fly.
is this normal for other drone pilots?
or because I set my max distance to 500m in the controller?

I have a video here (skip to 2:40)

this is another video same start position and same day just another direction
[url=

//Br

2019-4-8
Use props
SPIKE_151
lvl.4
Flight distance : 69767 ft
United Kingdom

Yes if you set your max distance to 500m it wont fly any further. What country are you in? If you are in CE mode, you only have one third the power output of north america drones. Are you showing a lot of interference on both 5.8 and 2.4 ghz channels ?
2019-4-8
Use props
*DM*
Second Officer
Flight distance : 507087 ft
United Kingdom

Losing signal and setting a max flight distance are two different things.

I too have on one occasion lost signal at around 500 meters whilst flying over the town I live in. In built up areas that's possible.

Also remember that we only have a fraction of the transmitter/controller power available here in Europe due to restrictions.

There is no point comparing to folks in the US for example who have the full controller power.
2019-4-8
Use props
Blackchim
lvl.1
Finland

SPIKE_151 Posted at 4-8 03:57
Yes if you set your max distance to 500m it wont fly any further. What country are you in? If you are in CE mode, you only have one third the power output of north america drones. Are you showing a lot of interference on both 5.8 and 2.4 ghz channels ?

Are you showing a lot of interference on both 5.8 and 2.4 ghz channels ? = No nothing I can see on my screen.
I am living in Sweden.
you clearly see the signal strength drop or loss around 480m, even I do put max distance to 500m I should still have good signal strength on this distance?
the bird can handle up to 8km transmission and this is like 500m and the signal is gone.
2019-4-8
Use props
SPIKE_151
lvl.4
United Kingdom

The 8km distance is based on FCC mode and no interference and no head wind out or back. Its looks like a built up area you are flying in. Have you looked at the channel map for clean channels? Recently I had a chat with someone from Sweden who stated that 5.8ghz was much better for him distance wise, perhaps all the wifi routers in his area are 2.4 ghz. He used to select 5.8 ghz instead of leaving his bird in auto. In UK, we are in CE mode too, I was getting about 1.2 kilometers before signal degradation was terrible. I upgraded to a 3 watt boosted system. Many CE users are seriously dissapointed with the range in CE mode on the M2PRO.
If you range problems continue, you may want to think about upgrading the antennae on your system and or adding a boosted system.
2019-4-8
Use props
SPIKE_151
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Taking a second look at your video. The problem seems to be that you are only at 45 meters height and the trees are scattering your signal. If you were flying at 120 meters you would probably get further. Only left or right hand circular polarization antennae give any sort of penetration through tree cover.
2019-4-8
Use props
*DM*
Second Officer
Flight distance : 507087 ft
United Kingdom

SPIKE_151 Posted at 4-8 04:44
The 8km distance is based on FCC mode and no interference and no head wind out or back. Its looks like a built up area you are flying in. Have you looked at the channel map for clean channels? Recently I had a chat with someone from Sweden who stated that 5.8ghz was much better for him distance wise, perhaps all the wifi routers in his area are 2.4 ghz. He used to select 5.8 ghz instead of leaving his bird in auto. In UK, we are in CE mode too, I was getting about 1.2 kilometers before signal degradation was terrible. I upgraded to a 3 watt boosted system. Many CE users are seriously dissapointed with the range in CE mode on the M2PRO.
If you range problems continue, you may want to think about upgrading the antennae on your system and or adding a boosted system.
NLD for M2's is due any day. It should remove the power restriction too and force FCC mode in non-FCC countries if that is important to anyone. For me, the range is sufficient and I fly within CAA rules.
2019-4-8
Use props
SPIKE_151
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Yep it says its due, but I wouldnt hack my drones software.
2019-4-8
Use props
jpap
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1780679 ft
Greece

I have experienced more or less the same as soon as I bought the M2P.
I used to had the Mavic Pro 1 and was able to flight much farther without signal drops compared to the Mavic 2.

I believe that Occusync 2.0 is more sensitive to interference. However, when tried to fly over the see with MP2, I was able to successfully fly at around 2.0-2.5Km maximum distance before signal dropped drastically.

One advice to the OP. Try to take advantage of the maximum height that is legal in your country. It looks that you are flying at height of 40-50m.
I can see that these trees you have there must be quite tall. Regretfully, those trees will block your signal towards the drone. The closest you stand to tress, the bigger the signal blocking when drone is far away.

Try again to fly in a different area, preferably an open field with no tall objects near you and report back. If you still have issues, you may have a bad unit.   
2019-4-8
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Blackchim. I am sorry to know that you are having these issues with your DJI Mavic Pro. Have you tried to fly your drone to a different location to see if the issue will still persist? Have you tried adjusting the antennas when the warning appears? Make sure your antenna should be on the correct position. And make sure you are away to any possible interference. You may check this video about it. Please keep us posted for us to help you further. Thank you.

2019-4-8
Use props
johnbowen57
lvl.2
Flight distance : 115082 ft
United States

SPIKE_151 Posted at 2019-4-8 04:50
Taking a second look at your video. The problem seems to be that you are only at 45 meters height and the trees are scattering your signal. If you were flying at 120 meters you would probably get further. Only left or right hand circular polarization antennae give any sort of penetration through tree cover.

He stated he set his max range at 500 meters.  Is that not the reason he can only fly to a max distance less than 500 meters?
2020-9-29
Use props
johnbowen57
lvl.2
Flight distance : 115082 ft
United States

SPIKE_151 Posted at 2019-4-8 04:44
The 8km distance is based on FCC mode and no interference and no head wind out or back. Its looks like a built up area you are flying in. Have you looked at the channel map for clean channels? Recently I had a chat with someone from Sweden who stated that 5.8ghz was much better for him distance wise, perhaps all the wifi routers in his area are 2.4 ghz. He used to select 5.8 ghz instead of leaving his bird in auto. In UK, we are in CE mode too, I was getting about 1.2 kilometers before signal degradation was terrible. I upgraded to a 3 watt boosted system. Many CE users are seriously dissapointed with the range in CE mode on the M2PRO.
If you range problems continue, you may want to think about upgrading the antennae on your system and or adding a boosted system.

Head winds have no effect on strength of signal sent/received, therefore no effect on signal range.   Rain or moisture in the air (humidity level) can effect range.     Head winds will obviously effect actual distance able to fly, given the AC will use more power to overcome the effects of wind, shortening the potential total distance able to fly.  
2020-9-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules