Camera not leveling and Gimbal noise
988 9 2019-4-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Njubrey
lvl.1
Flight distance : 193514 ft
United States

I had some troube getting the gimbal to auto calibrate it was getting stuck at 50% and then at 68%
The camera is not level, however it appears to work as intended just does not get 100% level it is slightly tilted.

Also Often when the gimbal is pointed straight down it creates an awful, grinding noise. As I point the gimbal up it goes away.
2019-4-9
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, Good day Njubrey. We do apologize for the inconvenience. May I ask you if this problem happens after the firmware update? If yes, we would recommend you to refresh the firmware of your Phantom 4 Pro using DJI assistant 2 and after that try to perform the gimbal calibration again.  You may refer to the link below for you to download the DJI assistant 2 to your computer. If the issue didn't started after a firmware update, did you have any crash/hard landings previously? If no, please provide us the firmware version you had and also the email address you used to run your DJI go 4 app. Please keep us posted. Thanks!

https://www.dji.com/phantom-4-pro/info#downloads
2019-4-9
Use props
ChavaLozVi
lvl.3
Flight distance : 89738 ft

Mexico

Is anything getting in the way of the camera movement?
2019-4-10
Use props
Njubrey
lvl.1
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 4-9 09:35
Hi, Good day Njubrey. We do apologize for the inconvenience. May I ask you if this problem happens after the firmware update? If yes, we would recommend you to refresh the firmware of your Phantom 4 Pro using DJI assistant 2 and after that try to perform the gimbal calibration again.  You may refer to the link below for you to download the DJI assistant 2 to your computer. If the issue didn't started after a firmware update, did you have any crash/hard landings previously? If no, please provide us the firmware version you had and also the email address you used to run your DJI go 4 app. Please keep us posted. Thanks!

https://www.dji.com/phantom-4-pro/info#downloads

I will looking into this tonight, it was not after a firmware update but I cannot say for sure. I'll get back with more information as soon as I have it.
2019-4-11
Use props
Njubrey
lvl.1
United States

ChavaLozVi Posted at 4-10 06:05
Is anything getting in the way of the camera movement?

Nothing obvious in the way.
2019-4-11
Use props
ChavaLozVi
lvl.3
Flight distance : 89738 ft

Mexico

Njubrey Posted at 4-11 01:52
Nothing obvious in the way.

OK... Make sure the flat ribbon cable that connects to the camera is not interfering, this can limit the movement of the camera or stop it, and as DJi Gamora said, make sure your FW is updated
2019-4-11
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Njubrey Posted at 4-11 01:51
I will looking into this tonight, it was not after a firmware update but I cannot say for sure. I'll get back with more information as soon as I have it.

Hi, Good day Njubrey. Thank you for the additional information. Please keep us posted. Thanks!
2019-4-11
Use props
Njubrey
lvl.1
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 4-11 10:04
Hi, Good day Njubrey. Thank you for the additional information. Please keep us posted. Thanks!

I updated the No-fly zone on the Assistant 2 Software is up to date V01.05.0600 Gimbal calibrated fine afterward. Unless you think I should have the beta software I might be good. I'll test it out tomorrow.
2019-4-13
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Njubrey Posted at 4-13 13:27
I updated the No-fly zone on the Assistant 2 Software is up to date V01.05.0600 Gimbal calibrated fine afterward. Unless you think I should have the beta software I might be good. I'll test it out tomorrow.

Hi, good day Njubrey. Thanks for the additional information. Please let us know if there would be changes in your drone after this troubleshooting steps for us to help you further. Thank you for understanding. Have a good one!
2019-4-15
Use props
Njubrey
lvl.1
United States

Had to do an IMU cali but no issues so far.
2019-4-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules