windymiller2904
lvl.2
United Kingdom

why will my remote controller not charge over 85%
2019-4-10
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, Good day windymiller2904. We do apologize for the trouble. May I ask you if you already tried to used another USB data cable to charge your RC? If yes, May I know if that cable is the one who comes from the package because if you use a normal USB cable (5V-500mA) charger, the charging will last up to 5 hours to 6 hours and if you are using the original USB cable (5V-2A) the charging time will be about 2 hours. In addition, Please make sure that the firmware of your RC is up to date. If all of the said troubleshooting steps done, we highly recommend you to contact our support team to start up a ticket using this link: https://www.dji.com/support. Just a friendly reminder, the outcome of the repair fee will depend if you are still in the warranty period or will depend on the damage assessment that we will be conducting once we already have the RC. Thank you for your understanding. Have a great day!
2019-4-10
Use props
Bill B
lvl.4
Flight distance : 319245 ft
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 4-10 12:08
Hi, Good day windymiller2904. We do apologize for the trouble. May I ask you if you already tried to used another USB data cable to charge your RC? If yes, May I know if that cable is the one who comes from the package because if you use a normal USB cable (5V-500mA) charger, the charging will last up to 5 hours to 6 hours and if you are using the original USB cable (5V-2A) the charging time will be about 2 hours. In addition, Please make sure that the firmware of your RC is up to date. If all of the said troubleshooting steps done, we highly recommend you to contact our support team to start up a ticket using this link: https://www.dji.com/support. Just a friendly reminder, the outcome of the repair fee will depend if you are still in the warranty period or will depend on the damage assessment that we will be conducting once we already have the RC. Thank you for your understanding. Have a great day!

Had this happen to me. I ran the controller down to 40% after a few charges to 80% or so. Then it went to 100. Cycle it a few times, and use a different cable.
2019-4-14
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Bill B Posted at 4-14 17:12
Had this happen to me. I ran the controller down to 40% after a few charges to 80% or so. Then it went to 100. Cycle it a few times, and use a different cable.

Hi, good day Bill B. I would like to clarify if this concern has been resolved after the troubleshooting steps you perform. Please keep us posted. Have a safe and happy flying always!
2019-4-15
Use props
Bill B
lvl.4
Flight distance : 319245 ft
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 4-15 12:12
Hi, good day Bill B. I would like to clarify if this concern has been resolved after the troubleshooting steps you perform. Please keep us posted. Have a safe and happy flying always!

Yes, It has resolved. The controller would charge to 80-85%. I figured it would last for a few flights, and it did. It would drop to 40% or a bit under, and I would charge it again. After four or five times of doing that, one day it went to 100%. Has charged to 100 ever since. doesn't really seem to last any longer at that charge %. I get three or 4 flights and it needs charged again.
2019-4-16
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Bill B Posted at 4-16 06:12
Yes, It has resolved. The controller would charge to 80-85%. I figured it would last for a few flights, and it did. It would drop to 40% or a bit under, and I would charge it again. After four or five times of doing that, one day it went to 100%. Has charged to 100 ever since. doesn't really seem to last any longer at that charge %. I get three or 4 flights and it needs charged again.

Hi, good day Bill B. We're glad that we manage to help you out regarding your concern. Should you have any other concerns please don't hesitate to reach us and we are more than happy to help. Have a safe and happy flying.
2019-4-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules