How to stream to Facebook publisher with RTMP (YES IT WORKS)
8382 9 2019-4-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
makot
lvl.2
Flight distance : 56230 ft
Thailand

Long story short, I seached without sucess for a solution to this matter.

Then I found this topic https://forum.dji.com/thread-186020-1-1.html that states that the feed connection is not possible, due to the already known error.

So let me publish my first post and hopefully help someone in the process.

Some notes:

- Be advised that Facebook will deprecate RTMP non secure connections at 1st May, so DJI must address at least this protocol issue before this date, so that at least we can stream using RMTP. But it still works until that date.

- This tutorial implies access via Desktop to your Facebook page. If you only use the phone, it will assume you want to use the camera phone. Maybe Facebook but using mobile version is also possible, havent tested though.

Here we go:

- Go to your Facebook page and select LIVE VIDEO
- You will be redirected to a page where 2 options arise at the top - CAMERA & CONNECT - Select connect
- Now, at the right, select where to publish the live broadcast - It can be in your timeline or page you manage (MAKE SURE YOU SELECT THIS BEFORE ANYTHING SINCE THE KEY IS DIFFERENT FOR EACH PAGE/PROFILE
- Untick USE A SECURE CONNECTION SSL
- Now open DJi Go and choose RTMP streaming
- Copy URL and Stream Key somewhere where you can share with your mobile and copy paste it on the DJiApp
- The Stream Key is to be paste after the URL provided so the format in DJi Go will be:
         rtmp://live-api-s.facebook.com:80/rtmp/(stream key)

As soon as you press go in the app you will be able to see the preview on that same page where you took the RTMP credentials. Give a description, configure post as you like and GO LIVE.

I'm doing live streams with 2 sources, phone camera and Mavic Air and then stream to Facebook As long as you have at least 3 Mbits of upload you can do 720p at 30fps easy

2019-4-11
Use props
makot
lvl.2
Thailand

Quik update - In order to publish the stream at bussiness page, you must use Bussiness Manager, even if on personal profile you choose to publish in a page you manage. It will post directly to your personal profile. Here is my trial with these settings - https://www.facebook.com/marcos.victorino/videos/2131545130254836/
2019-4-11
Use props
Proteous
lvl.4
Flight distance : 228993 ft
Barbados

Thank you this was very helpful
2019-4-16
Use props
fans833c49e8
New

Canada

Any updates post may 1 security changes.  Wouldn't it be nice if they just fixed the software?
Thanks this is very helpful!
2019-5-21
Use props
djiuser_vkk6WEdEEmMy
lvl.1
Flight distance : 15771 ft
United States

Awesome, thanks Makot, got this to work today.

It would be nice if DJ
2019-8-10
Use props
makot
lvl.2
Thailand

djiuser_vkk6WEdEEmMy Posted at 8-10 11:34
Awesome, thanks Makot, got this to work today.

It would be nice if DJ

I actually have a new way of publishing to page using OBS I will make tutorial
2019-8-13
Use props
Ariane_mavicrun
lvl.1

Réunion

For now, it is now IMPOSSIBLE to livestream on facebook business page, as RTMP DO NOT work.
So I cannot satisfy customer request for live drone anymore

WHEN IT WILL BE FIXED ??? DJI? It's really disabling... thanks
2019-11-23
Use props
Ivan Fuentes Hagar
lvl.1
Flight distance : 127661 ft
Chile

makot Posted at 2019-8-13 05:54
I actually have a new way of publishing to page using OBS I will make tutorial

Hey! Did you ever get that guide made?
2020-4-14
Use props
djiuser_aWBBZFEdPjUe
lvl.1
Flight distance : 62 ft
Turkey

At 1.4.12, the live broadcast for air 2S came, but I could not succeed.
2021-10-11
Use props
djiuser_CgYhBqmxP83j
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1078150 ft
United States

For anyone reading this in the future. This method is no longer working at this posting since Facebook requires RTMPS now.
2022-6-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules