Charging Batteries, Solar, Gas Inverter, Battery power station
841 8 2019-4-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
GreenPeopleRock
lvl.1
Flight distance : 538455 ft
United States

I will be traveling and will not have access to my cars 12v or a 120v source.  I was looking at eather a Jackery Honda HLS 290 Portable Lithium
Battery Mobile Power Station with solar panel.or a small 1000w Honda Gas
inverter type generator. I was also looking at a 100w solar panel that has USB & 18v 5A out.
Is there any issues using these type of units to charge the smart batteries on a Mavic Air,
I know they can be used to charge laptops, iphones and ipads.

2019-4-15
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, Good day GreenPeopleRock. Hope that you could get the best recommendation and suggestions from our valued DJI members and customer. Have a safe and happy flying always!
2019-4-15
Use props
cutis
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1695351 ft
United States

The fuel generator serves versatility
2019-4-15
Use props
Angeou
lvl.1

France

Both generac quiet power generator (The iQ2000 uses a different type of alternator than standard generators. A digital inverter module converts the raw power produced from DC to AC power. Engine speed varies depending on electrical demand — which significantly reduces noise levels.) and Honda EU2200i - 1800 Watt Portable Inverter Generator are good choice.
2019-7-1
Use props
Angeou
lvl.1

France

Generac quiet power: http://www.generac.com/all-products/generators/portable-generators/iq-series/iq2000
2019-7-1
Use props
Rockyraaccoon
lvl.4
Flight distance : 982382 ft
United States

I purchased a Goal Zero 1000 (on sale at the time from Costco) and a 200 watt solar panel (with dividend from REI) to use on my off the grid camping trips. Even with the discounts the complete setup was still over $1600.
2019-7-1
Use props
Rockyraaccoon
lvl.4
Flight distance : 982382 ft
United States

I purchased a Goal Zero 1000 (on sale at the time from Costco) and a 200 watt solar panel (with dividend from REI) to use on my off the grid camping trips. Even with the discounts the complete setup was still over $1600. However, the setup works extremely well, doesn't require the hassle of filling with fuel, storing fuel, buying fuel and it is whisper quiet. I used it daily over a two week excursion and it never dropped below %50 charge. We ran the camp lights, Satelitte Radio, tent lights, and I charged 8 Mavic Air batteries (each day), Crystal sky battery (every other day), Mavic Air Controller (every other day), 10 gopro hero 6 batteries (daily), gimbal batteries, and 2 batteries for my Sony a7iii. It worked flawlessly. The big caveats were.....you do need some sun to charge the unit and you're not going to carry this stuff too far from the truck. The unit and solar panel are pretty heavy.
2019-7-1
Use props
cutis
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1695351 ft
United States

Carbon fuel lightest weight and greatest endurance continuity
Choose the miniscule combustion because it too is lightweight
such motorgenerator set is esp for onboard carbon based fuel drone
If gas turbine machinery, significant sophistication, but yet lighter than reciprocating engine.
2019-7-1
Use props
Angeou
lvl.1

France

Angeou Posted at 7-1 00:47
Both generac quiet power generator (The iQ2000 uses a different type of alternator than standard generators. A digital inverter module converts the raw power produced from DC to AC power. Engine speed varies depending on electrical demand — which significantly reduces noise levels.) and Honda EU2200i - 1800 Watt Portable Inverter Generator are good choice.

Alternator will recommend Leroy-Somer: https://www.dieselgeneratortech.com/leroy-somer/leroy-somer-TAL-A-series-low-voltage-alternator.html
2019-7-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules