Flying Indoor at home in a Restricted Zone
1128 3 2019-4-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
FlyingV
lvl.2
United States

According to the FAA, interior airspace is not regulated by them and it is legal to fly within the restricted zone as long as the entire flight is indoors. The Mavic 2 controller simply prevents flying and does not allow to set the location as indoors. This means I can’t even fly indoor in my own home.

How can I get this drone to fly when what I want to do is legal but the GPS is saying it is not?

PS: At least, the GPS should be smarter and detect that the location is very close to the owner's address.

2019-4-16
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

PS: At least, the GPS should be smarter and detect that the location is very close to the owner's address.

Would be very problematic due to GPS accuracy.  It would be hard for drone to tell if drone were inside house or merely a few feet above house.  Or whether drone was inside house or slightly to N/S/E/W of house.  

2019-4-16
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 4-16 18:16

Would be very problematic due to GPS accuracy.  It would be hard for drone to tell if drone were inside house or merely a few feet above house.  Or whether drone was inside house or slightly to N/S/E/W of house.

Perhaps NFZ should simply be a height limit of say 20 feet.
2019-4-16
Use props
Neo Supreme
Second Officer
Flight distance : 76329 ft
United States

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 4-16 18:16

Yeah.  My drone's positioning systems were all wonky when I tried to fly it indoors.
2019-4-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules