Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Mavic Air after 15 months

What a cracking craft the Mavic Air really is.

FUN : This craft is probably the best craft dji has for just having fun, it’s just so easy so responsive so fast and so many extra features that you could easily spend 3 hours flying this craft and not get a chance to use all of them .

Setup Portability: I can carry my Mavic Air including 6 batteries 2 x sets of filters, 2x sets of props, 5.5 Crystalsky any leads I might need and much more, in the combo bag no more than 10” x 7” , it takes minutes to setup and be in the Air.

Battery Time: Yes it’s not as long as it’s big brother, but it’s pretty good to go for 17 minutes and for a craft designed to be flown reasonably close it’s plenty long enough. You can bring home on 15/20% change battery and be in the air inless than a minute, that’s fast .

Battery Charging: Batteries for Mavic Air are extremely quick to charge compared to other dji craft M2 etc .

Flight Distance : Yes I know many will complain it’s not Ocusync, it just doesn’t have the range etc, this craft is such a joy to fly you don’t want to see it ever get to far away from you. I live and operate in CE zone so am restricted to 2k , but although difficult to always get conditions to fly this distance,it is possible, I can say with certainty that I never have a problem flying between 500 to 1000 metres, but the bulk of my flying is below 500 metres.

Build quality : it’s just amazing , extremely strong it folds exactly the same for me now as it did 15 months ago.

Features: For it’s size and price it packs pound for pound the most features in of any dji drone, those who like top play with selfies will have a ball with this craft, Active track excellent, tap fly one of my favorites tap fly free. Safety features again this craft fights way above its weight, Apas which works great since enhancements, front back OA and all of the other failsafe options, Mavic Air has it all.

Camera: First I will say Mavic Air has probably the best and most sturdiest gimbal of any dji drone.
The quality can be seen day in and day out on this forum, with quality videos photos and in craft storage is great as I’m sure most owners have been saved at least once when flying.
I think it’s sensor matches up really well against anything else comparable out there.

For Pro Work: Well maybe not, I know some may be using it for some pro work, but it’s a bit of a stretch.
But if you consider if you are flying professionally and you rack up to a job with your phantom or inspire and you have any problems, how good would it be to have such a competent drone as back up, at its price and what it can achieve for me it makes perfect sense.

Noise: this is I suppose for most the biggest letdown, and yes it has a bit of an ear piercing whine to it, however I have talked to and asked the opinions of people who don’t fly or are not interested in drones, to tell me which is the loudest Mavic Air M2 and P4Pro, and almost always I get the same reaction. All drones are loud , none are easy on the ears, this is their perception and I don’t believe they will vote on any preferable dji drone they would like to fly over their home .

For Me: It’s not my go to drone for work or for general use, shall we say special photos/video, I am lucky to have other craft with higher spec. But it does travel a lot with me and by far and including demonstrating to others my drone this is my preferred drone for flying and having real fun flying.

Buying: Anyone thinking of buying a drone first one or upgrade from whatever, you want to have a bit of fun pass a couple of hours having fun and become proficient at flying, get better at photography, then don’t pass this drone by without taking a really good look.

2019-4-18
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

2019-4-18
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Good day hallmark007! Another excellent work of yours!
2019-4-18
Use props
PS013
First Officer
Flight distance : 3579409 ft
United States

I can only agree with you
2019-4-18
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Awesome shots!
2019-4-18
Use props
3BEPb
lvl.4
Flight distance : 165928 ft
  • >>>
United States

Zero new info.
Captain Obvious in repeating mode.
Best point: batteries are fast to charge.
2019-4-18
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

DJI Paladin Posted at 4-18 07:27
Good day hallmark007! Another excellent work of yours!

Thanks Paladin.
2019-4-18
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

You're always welcome. Cheers!
2019-4-18
Use props
ChrisJG
First Officer
Flight distance : 1725341 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Plus 1 for this! Have moved from a Spark and the differences are massive, for me it's mainly the longer flight time, I never got more than about 13 minutes in the air with a Spark, this is easily 17 minutes and if I'm not zipping across the sky, have 15% or so left to land...Much, much better range too. Great video by the way ;-)
2019-4-18
Use props
ChrisJG
First Officer
Flight distance : 1725341 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Plus 1 for this! Have moved from a Spark and the differences are massive, for me it's mainly the longer flight time, I never got more than about 13 minutes in the air with a Spark, this is easily 17 minutes and if I'm not zipping across the sky, have 15% or so left to land...Much, much better range too. Great video by the way ;-)
2019-4-18
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

PS013 Posted at 4-18 08:27
I can only agree with you

yeah its a great piece of tech
2019-4-18
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

ChrisJG Posted at 4-18 10:11

Thank you, It really is a big upgrade from Spark .
2019-4-18
Use props
cutis
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1695351 ft
United States

Features of the mavic air outweigh its invest.
The safeguarding provisions envelope novice operators. While still valued, disengagement for journeyman piloting reaps added energy otherwise consumed for its enablement.
What isn't commended are the continual firmware appreciations programmed by meticulous methodical derivation. Such is a double edged sword. For some, complexities, while most, transparent improvement.
All in all, the mavic air captures, be it money, be it thrills, be it challenge accomplished esp premeditavely sought priceless video
2019-4-18
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

3BEPb Posted at 4-18 08:41
Zero new info.
Best point: batteries are fast to charge.

Your are right.  Thought I had seen images before.
Water Fall, Hotel, Fishing Village, and Sweeden Lake

2019-4-18
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

Really outstanding work HallMark.
2019-4-18
Use props
maddox
Captain
Malaysia

Thanks for sharing your experience! Great job, wonderful pictures and video
2019-4-18
Use props
DJI Panda
Administrator
Flight distance : 405039 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We have a long way to go.
Anyway, thanks for sharing your experience and the nice works.
2019-4-18
Use props
nixuspix
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2864974 ft
  • >>>
Latvia

Thank You so much Hallmark for kind words and deeds about Mavic Air. And so excellent pioctures and videos.
Keep on going!
2019-4-18
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

I’m kinda miffed at the two clowns that don’t realize all videos were taken with Mavic Air over the last 15 months, I mean if I had over exposed pictures of deer in a dry field I could have posted them, I think trolling is becoming contagious. But I’m flattered by the attention they keep giving me.
2019-4-19
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

cutis Posted at 4-18 15:47
Features of the mavic air outweigh its invest.
The safeguarding provisions envelope novice operators. While still valued, disengagement for journeyman piloting reaps added energy otherwise consumed for its enablement.
What isn't commended are the continual firmware appreciations programmed by meticulous methodical derivation. Such is a double edged sword. For some, complexities, while most, transparent improvement.

Your right Cutis, it’s a real joy to fly as well as all its great attributes.
2019-4-19
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Woe Posted at 4-18 17:48
Really outstanding work HallMark.

Thanks Woe .
2019-4-19
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

2019-4-19
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Nice to read and see!
2019-4-19
Use props
62+
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1321991 ft
South Africa

Good to know Captain.
Upgraded this mouth from Spark to Mavi Air combo
Just love the Air.
Still a lot to learn and to try.
It is as smooth as butter.
2019-4-19
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

maddox Posted at 4-18 18:54
Thanks for sharing your experience! Great job, wonderful pictures and video

Cheers Maddox thank you .
2019-4-19
Use props
Paul_IA
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4959019 ft
United States

Nicely done mate.
2019-4-19
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

You're welcome.
2019-4-19
Use props
Oracle Miata
First Officer
Flight distance : 3759829 ft
  • >>>
United States

Still adore my Air after all this time. Although I have more capable craft, the Air is always by my side on the truck....
2019-4-19
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

DJI Panda Posted at 4-18 23:25
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We have a long way to go.
Anyway, thanks for sharing your experience and the nice works.

Thank you dji panda
2019-4-20
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

62+ Posted at 4-19 03:08
Good to know Captain.
Upgraded this mouth from Spark to Mavi Air combo
Just love the Air.

Thank you 62+
2019-4-20
Use props
cutis
Second Officer
United States

epic!
that's hallmark for you
2019-4-20
Use props
AlphaFlightNW
Second Officer
Flight distance : 784265 ft
  • >>>
United States

Nice! I find the mavic air to be a fun alternative to the spark, since I wanted to start working more and more with 4k and needed my aircraft to be compact. Thank you for sharing your experiences with us!
2019-4-20
Use props
cutis
Second Officer
United States

And here i am on voyage purchasing platinum from conus seller packaged accumulations. What this means is i have been psychologically brainwarped into exactly the identical yearns journeymen and mastery pro's continue to endeavor. That's the fulfillment
2019-4-20
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

nixuspix Posted at 4-18 23:44
Thank You so much Hallmark for kind words and deeds about Mavic Air. And so excellent pioctures and videos.
Keep on going!

Thank you, good to know your still enjoying your MavAir.
2019-4-21
Use props
QQRUCH
First Officer
Flight distance : 595518 ft
Spain

Hello! After enjoying and learning with a spark, I recently bought an MA. Yesterday was my first flight test. Amazing. Thank you hallmark007 for sharing your experience. I will share my progress.

Best regards and fly safe!
2019-4-21
Use props
maddox
Captain
Malaysia

hallmark007 Posted at 4-19 09:19
Cheers Maddox thank you .

You're welcome!
2019-4-21
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

cutis Posted at 4-20 14:51
epic!
that's hallmark for you

Your welcome Cutis .
2019-4-22
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Oracle Miata Posted at 4-19 15:02
Still adore my Air after all this time. Although I have more capable craft, the Air is always by my side on the truck....

Yeah I love it to and I feel when I’m flying it I’m just having the best fun . It’s definitely a keeper ;+) .
2019-4-22
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

QQRUCH Posted at 4-21 04:27
Hello! After enjoying and learning with a spark, I recently bought an MA. Yesterday was my first flight test. Amazing. Thank you hallmark007 for sharing your experience. I will share my progress.

Best regards and fly safe!

Your welcome, it’s a great little craft .
2019-4-23
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

AlphaFlightNW Posted at 4-20 15:15
Nice! I find the mavic air to be a fun alternative to the spark, since I wanted to start working more and more with 4k and needed my aircraft to be compact. Thank you for sharing your experiences with us!

Your welcome, enjoy your MavAir.
2019-4-24
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules