New firmware - hover not stable
1827 13 2019-4-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
John Hennesey
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1114350 ft
United States

About two weeks ago I upgraded my firmware (as the remote forced it) - hovering is no longer stable.  It is almost as if any image stabilization has been disabled, as it behaves similarly to my home built GPS enabled quads.  Two days ago I updated again to the latest - same results.

When it hovers it will go side to side and up and down about 1-2" continuously.  This happens in both T and GPS mode.  It used to be rock-solid for the first six months that I had it - didn't budge.  Now it moves enough that I can see in the video feed it isn't stable.

Has anyone else experienced this?  Did a setting get disabled?  Is DJI aware of this?  Sure would be nice to have the perfect stability back.

John
2019-4-21
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

If you updated FW two weeks ago, then you should be aware there is a new FW update which came out 5 days ago, this might help, if not roll back to older FW and see if this improves your problem, if it does it could be FW, if not you have another problem, I can tell you I have not had this problem with any M2 FW .
2019-4-21
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi John Hennesey, sorry for the trouble that it caused. Does the issue still occur on a different location? What calibrations have you performed? Have you tried to refresh the firmware using DJI Assitant 2 on your PC? You can flash the firmware using it. You can download the software here: https://www.dji.com/mavic-2/info#downloads and follow the video tutorial below. If it is convenient for you, please provide a short video of the issuefor further checking. You can upload it by using google-drive or Dropbox and provide the link here. Thanks for your continued support.
2019-4-21
Use props
John Hennesey
lvl.2
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 4-21 08:38
Hi John Hennesey, sorry for the trouble that it caused. Does the issue still occur on a different location? What calibrations have you performed? Have you tried to refresh the firmware using DJI Assitant 2 on your PC? You can flash the firmware using it. You can download the software here: https://www.dji.com/mavic-2/info#downloads and follow the video tutorial below. If it is convenient for you, please provide a short video of the issuefor further checking. You can upload it by using google-drive or Dropbox and provide the link here. Thanks for your continued support.

Thank you for the reply - Indeed this is the problem, it alerted me tonight in red to 'recalibrate vision system'.  I have gone through the steps in Assistant 2 twice now, and when it gets to the part that says 'Calibration Information Collected. Calibrating...' it seems to take a while.  I closed out Assistant 2 after about 10 minutes of waiting the first time, and the second time I am going to let it run for 20 minutes.  After the first 10 minutes of waiting when I cancelled it I rebooted my computer just to be sure.

I am [currently] watching the CPU usage of the 'Electron (32 bit)' process [Assistant 2 in Task Manager] and it moved a little bit for the first minute - but after that it is sitting steady at 0% usage.  The screen has not updated past 0%.  Looking is resource manager it is showing 3 images of 'DJIBrowser.exe' [which is Electron], 34, 10 and 16 threads, CPU at 0, and memory is steady with commit, working, shareable and private.  No hard faults.  I am using DJI Assistant 2 version V1.2.5, installed on 4/12/2019.

My Mavic 2 Pro firmware is current with V01.00.0400, date 2019-04-17, Official.   I just tried exporting some logs to see if I can provide additional information, but when connecting to the M2P in the Log Export section the little spinner just spins.  It doesn't pul up any exportable logs in any of the sections.

edit: It was on a 23" monitor with 1920x1080 resolution; tried on a 15" monitor with 1920x1080 resolution -- same results.  I also am getting prompted with a message each time I power it on saying "Firmware incompatability detected between some modules and current device.  Update your firmware?" -- I click yes, reboot, and it happens again.  I am going to refresh my firmware.
edit 2: refreshing the firmware did not help.  The first time through it looked like it said quickly there was an error updating the firmware, then it went back through and succeeded.  DJI - do you have the ability to see my logs?  I would love to get them to you - I have great trust in this drone, would love to keep it that way!  

Has anyone reported issues similar to mine?

Thank you,
John

2019-4-21
Use props
EFRPIC
Second Officer

United States

What OS are you using on your computer. Problems with W10 were supposedly resolved. Windows 7 still works fine. Otherwise, it could be your particular graphic card. Try another PC just in case if available.
2019-4-21
Use props
John Hennesey
lvl.2
United States

EFRPIC Posted at 4-21 20:01
What OS are you using on your computer. Problems with W10 were supposedly resolved. Windows 7 still works fine. Otherwise, it could be your particular graphic card. Try another PC just in case if available.

I am on Windows 10 1809 Home, and Windows 10 1809 Enterprise. Both up to date on patches.

I just installed the latest DJI Assistant 2 on the Enterprise machine, went through the steps to calibrate it and no luck.  It just sits at 0%.  

I am still getting the 'Firmware incompatibility detected between some modules and current device.  Update your firmware?' message when connecting to either machine.  I am current on V01.00.400 firmware for the M2P.

DJI - I will provide whatever information you want to get past this.  Unfortunately I do not trust flying my drone at this point - too much money to have fall out of the sky.  How can I help us get past this?

John
2019-4-23
Use props
John Hennesey
lvl.2
United States

EFRPIC Posted at 4-21 20:01
What OS are you using on your computer. Problems with W10 were supposedly resolved. Windows 7 still works fine. Otherwise, it could be your particular graphic card. Try another PC just in case if available.

I am on Windows 10 1809 Home, and Windows 10 1809 Enterprise. Both up to date on patches.

I just installed the latest DJI Assistant 2 on the Enterprise machine, went through the steps to calibrate it and no luck.  It just sits at 0%.  

I am still getting the 'Firmware incompatibility detected between some modules and current device.  Update your firmware?' message when connecting to either machine.  I am current on V01.00.400 firmware for the M2P.

DJI - I will provide whatever information you want to get past this.  Unfortunately I do not trust flying my drone at this point - too much money to have fall out of the sky.  How can I help us get past this?

John
2019-4-23
Use props
GlynH
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1762336 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

John Hennesey Posted at 4-21 17:37
Thank you for the reply - Indeed this is the problem, it alerted me tonight in red to 'recalibrate vision system'.  I have gone through the steps in Assistant 2 twice now, and when it gets to the part that says 'Calibration Information Collected. Calibrating...' it seems to take a while.  I closed out Assistant 2 after about 10 minutes of waiting the first time, and the second time I am going to let it run for 20 minutes.  After the first 10 minutes of waiting when I cancelled it I rebooted my computer just to be sure.

I am [currently] watching the CPU usage of the 'Electron (32 bit)' process [Assistant 2 in Task Manager] and it moved a little bit for the first minute - but after that it is sitting steady at 0% usage.  The screen has not updated past 0%.  Looking is resource manager it is showing 3 images of 'DJIBrowser.exe' [which is Electron], 34, 10 and 16 threads, CPU at 0, and memory is steady with commit, working, shareable and private.  No hard faults.  I am using DJI Assistant 2 version V1.2.5, installed on 4/12/2019.

I too had my first ever red warning to calibrate the vision sensor after updating the aircraft to the latest .0400 firmware.

I have read some horror stories about not being able to complete the calibration and as everything seems fine I have left as is although if the message persists I will be forced to try the calibration procedure.

-=Glyn=-
2019-4-23
Use props
John Hennesey
lvl.2
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 4-21 08:38
Hi John Hennesey, sorry for the trouble that it caused. Does the issue still occur on a different location? What calibrations have you performed? Have you tried to refresh the firmware using DJI Assitant 2 on your PC? You can flash the firmware using it. You can download the software here: https://www.dji.com/mavic-2/info#downloads and follow the video tutorial below. If it is convenient for you, please provide a short video of the issuefor further checking. You can upload it by using google-drive or Dropbox and provide the link here. Thanks for your continued support.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-K_2HgksJM4

DJI - Can you confirm that it is OK to fly the MP2?  If not, is there any information I can provide that will help get us past this?  Have you figured out what is causing it?  Is there a patch planned for Assistant to help us?
2019-4-24
Use props
John Hennesey
lvl.2
United States

GlynH Posted at 4-23 11:35
I too had my first ever red warning to calibrate the vision sensor after updating the aircraft to the latest .0400 firmware.

I have read some horror stories about not being able to complete the calibration and as everything seems fine I have left as is although if the message persists I will be forced to try the calibration procedure.

Hey hey!!!  New version of Assistant 2 came out on 4/25, I just downloaded it, and all my problems are solved.  No more calibration errors, no more firmware out of sync.  Taking it for a spin tomorrow, if you do not hear back from me all is well.
2019-4-25
Use props
GlynH
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Nice one John.

I finally managed to complete the .0530 update after six attempts but I still get the red warning.

Strange thing is if I go into Sensors/Advanced they all come up as green and good?

If that is the case why does the prompt appear in the first place??

-=Glyn=-

-=Glyn=-
2019-4-26
Use props
John Hennesey
lvl.2
United States

GlynH Posted at 4-26 06:39
Nice one John.

I finally managed to complete the .0530 update after six attempts but I still get the red warning.

OOooooh, DJI, what have you done!  Clearly this was a workaround release.  I was able to get MP2 to calibrate, but the hovering is awful! I have built quads with bottom of the line parts that hovered better than this.

Glyn - When I installed the Assistant 2 windows smart screen appeared complaining that it couldn't connect to the smart screen server [which it could] - which tells me that DJI probably is still trying to get it ready for prime-time [did they release 1.x after signing the assemblies?  do they need to sign the assemblies for 2.x?  is 2.x stable yet?  Only DJI knows].

As far as what you are experiencing, I cannot say - I have a different results.
2019-4-26
Use props
GlynH
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Well although I get prompted every time I turn on the controller to calibrate the vision sensors (and yet when I drill down to the sensors all is green & good) I have bottled it and have decided not to go down that road for now lest I open a whole new can of worms!

-=Glyn=-
2019-4-28
Use props
schmal
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3127684 ft
  • >>>
Canada

John Hennesey Posted at 4-21 17:37

I am [currently] watching the CPU usage of the 'Electron (32 bit)' process [Assistant 2 in Task Manager] and it moved a little bit for the first minute - but after that it is sitting steady at 0% usage.  The screen has not updated past 0%.  Looking is resource manager it is showing 3 images of 'DJIBrowser.exe' [which is Electron], 34, 10 and 16 threads, CPU at 0, and memory is steady with commit, working, shareable and private.  No hard faults.  I am using DJI Assistant 2 version V1.2.5, installed on 4/12/2019.

For future searchers; I think we had the same problem: when trying to calibrate vision system, it would say "Calibration Information Collected. Calibrating..." then freezes at 0%.

I was using the DJI Assistant 2, and a somewhat out of date version. I downloaded the DJI Assistant 2 FOR MAVIC, (seems there's one specifically for Mavic, but note that it works with Mavic 2 as well). Ran vision calibration and no problems.
2019-6-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules