571 5 2019-4-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Monk32
lvl.3
Flight distance : 50915 ft
Greece

Hi
I have a maybe little literature question...
These days in Mediteranean we suffer from the appearance of the African dust.
The sky has a light brown collor and the atmosphere is a little too heavy from the dust comes from African coast, over south Italy, Greece, and Spain.
My question is:
Does this situation in long term can cause problems to IMU or to the system by entering during flight?
There is no need to fly in these conditions, but i am asking just for opinions and knowledge.
Thanks
2019-4-24
Use props
elberti
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3985561 ft
  • >>>
Bulgaria

My guess is that would definitely effect the motors (and other parts) as the storm contains sand.

Note sand can easily collect in MA body and restrict air flow which can lead to other problems.
2019-4-24
Use props
Monk32
lvl.3
Flight distance : 50915 ft
Greece

elberti Posted at 4-24 04:15
My guess is that would definitely effect the motors (and other parts) as the storm contains sand.

Note sand can easily collect in MA body and restrict air flow which can lead to other problems.

I agree with you..
2019-4-24
Use props
Tooter Turtle
Second Officer
United States

Compressed air will help to dust off.
2019-4-24
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13926112 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I would say that it may cause damage in the longer term and agree that it is important to dust off the drone after use - especially the gimbal and motors
2019-4-24
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thanks for the inquiry. The flying the drone during the sand storm may affect the motors and gimbal of the drone severely. The wind that contains sand or dust can easily pass through the body and motors of the aircraft that may affect the internal parts of your unit, leading to the incident. Therefore, we're not recommending our customers flying the drone during this such phenomenon. You may check the image below. Thank you for your support.

2019-4-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules