Cannot update firmware on RC
1020 3 2019-4-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
RobWest
lvl.3
Flight distance : 589633 ft
France

I have used DJI Assistant 2 to try to update my remote control. Everything looks fine, it says that 'The DJI device has been updated to V01.00.0400', and then when you return to the main screen it shows that I am still running v1.00.0300 (see screenshots)

I have
  • Tried reinstalling DJI Assisstant 2
  • Tried a different computer
  • Using over-the-air with my iPad (which doesn't show any problems, but shows Drone Firmware as 01.00.0400 and RC Firmware as 01.00.0300)

I am running out of options and don't want to fly with mis-matching firmware versions.

Any ideas?

Main Screen

Main Screen

Update Screen

Update Screen
2019-4-24
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, good day RobWest. We're sorry for the trouble that this has caused. May I ask if you update the Aircraft first to the latest firmware before the Remote Controller? If not, try to downgrade first the remote controller to the prev version of firmware and update first the Aircraft then now update the RC. If the problem persists, can you please send us a screenshot of the about section of your DJI go 4 app. Just go to General settings > About. Please keep us posted on the latest updates on the said issue for us to further isolate the problem. Thank you for your kind and understanding. Have a safe and happy flying always.
2019-4-24
Use props
RobWest
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Hi DJI Gamora. I did update the Aircraft first, that went absolutely fine.

These are the screenshots from DJI Go 4, the first one shows the firmware version for the RC as 01.00.0300, the second one shows the info screen that reports that the Overall Status is 'Normal (Latest Firmware)'.

About screen.jpg
Aircraft Status.jpg
2019-4-24
Use props
RobWest
lvl.3
France

RobWest Posted at 4-24 09:22
Hi DJI Gamora. I did update the Aircraft first, that went absolutely fine.

These are the screenshots from DJI Go 4, the first one shows the firmware version for the RC as 01.00.0300, the second one shows the info screen that reports that the Overall Status is 'Normal (Latest Firmware)'.

When updating using DJI Assistant 2 it gets to Downloading 100% and then immediately reports that the device has been upgraded. This happens on both computers that I tried. I know that normally it will be several minutes after the download finishes before it reports as successfully updated and there should be a message on the RC to say that it is updating, neither of these things happened.

I also tried refreshing the RC firmware with v01.00.0300, but that also just showed that it was successfully updated as soon as the download had finished, so I suspect that it hadn't run the refresh.
2019-4-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules