CAMERA JUMPING UP AND DOWN AND FREEZING
715 7 2019-4-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SuperiorDroneNC
lvl.2

United States

I have a Phantom 4 Pro and having camera problems. While flying the camera will at times jump up and down and sometimes it will freeze. When I take a picture with it doing this, the picture will be half black or have a black line running through it. I though maybe the camera contacts might need to be cleaned but can't find anything on cleaning them. The 4 Pro is using the current firmware. Has anyone experienced these issues and possibly have a fix for this? Thanks in advance.
2019-4-25
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, good day SuperiorDroneNC. We're sorry for the trouble that this has caused. May I ask if this happens after the firmware update? If yes, kindly please try to refresh your firmware using DJI assistant 2. Also, Can you please try to perform a gimbal calibration to see if there would be some changes about the jumping camera. In addition, Can you please provide us a sample video short video showing the problem for us to further help you with this concern. Please keep us posted on the latest updates. Thank you for your kind and understanding. Have a safe and happy flying always!
2019-4-26
Use props
SuperiorDroneNC
lvl.2

United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 4-26 10:06
Hi, good day SuperiorDroneNC. We're sorry for the trouble that this has caused. May I ask if this happens after the firmware update? If yes, kindly please try to refresh your firmware using DJI assistant 2. Also, Can you please try to perform a gimbal calibration to see if there would be some changes about the jumping camera. In addition, Can you please provide us a sample video short video showing the problem for us to further help you with this concern. Please keep us posted on the latest updates. Thank you for your kind and understanding. Have a safe and happy flying always!

I have refreshed the firmware and will get a video so you can see what is going on. Thank you so much and I will provide this to you.
2019-4-30
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

SuperiorDroneNC Posted at 4-30 08:26
I have refreshed the firmware and will get a video so you can see what is going on. Thank you so much and I will provide this to you.

Thank you very much. Looking forward to your reply.
2019-5-1
Use props
SuperiorDroneNC
lvl.2

United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 5-1 12:31
Thank you very much. Looking forward to your reply.

It shows it only on the screen and the screen sometimes freezes. The video will show some black on it but no jumping on the video.
2019-5-4
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

SuperiorDroneNC Posted at 5-4 18:25
It shows it only on the screen and the screen sometimes freezes. The video will show some black on it but no jumping on the video.

Hi, good day SuperiorDroneNC. Thank you for the additional information. May I ask if what mobile device are you currently using right now? Also, Have you tried to fly the said drone to a different location with an open area without no interference to see if the issue will still persist? Please note that magnetic interference can have a bad effect on image transmission and it can cause freezing or even disconnection. Please keep us posted on the latest updates on the said issue for us to further isolate the problem. Thank you for your kind and understanding and have a safe and happy flying always.
2019-5-6
Use props
SuperiorDroneNC
lvl.2

United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 5-6 09:37
Hi, good day SuperiorDroneNC. Thank you for the additional information. May I ask if what mobile device are you currently using right now? Also, Have you tried to fly the said drone to a different location with an open area without no interference to see if the issue will still persist? Please note that magnetic interference can have a bad effect on image transmission and it can cause freezing or even disconnection. Please keep us posted on the latest updates on the said issue for us to further isolate the problem. Thank you for your kind and understanding and have a safe and happy flying always.

I am currently using an IPAD I purchased new 2 years ago. I do a lot of work with this platform so I fly in all locations just about daily. I am wondering if the camera connections may need to be cleaned but unsure how to do it. Any help is greatly appreciated
2019-5-9
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

SuperiorDroneNC Posted at 5-9 07:35
I am currently using an IPAD I purchased new 2 years ago. I do a lot of work with this platform so I fly in all locations just about daily. I am wondering if the camera connections may need to be cleaned but unsure how to do it. Any help is greatly appreciated

Thank you for the additional information. I will highly recommend you to use the suggested mobile device listed on our website. You may refer to the image below. In addition, you consider trying to back first all the files in your SD card and try to reformat it for us to check if you still receive the same problem in your footage since we don't have the specific process on how to clean the camera connections. Please keep us posted. Have a safe and happy flying always!

2019-5-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules