8155 6 2019-4-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
CptnBlackBeard
lvl.2
Flight distance : 956217 ft
Serbia

Hi all,

I've been looking at boosting my signal for more secure long-range flights.

After extensive research, I've opted for the 4Hawks XR antenna, and have seen about 30% improvement in range in a dense urban environment, and almost 2x the range increase in the unpopulated rural areas.
I'm now looking into adding amplified boosters between the remote and XR and I was wondering if any of you have experiences with this or could recommend some of these I've found.
I'm looking at 2 of these:

* but these are 2W only. boosters, but the good thing is that they support both 2.4 and 5.8

Also if I use any of these will this impact the DJI Headset (standard), I've read a couple of threads that say that boosters can render DJI headset useless due to impedance incompatibility and the way they work, but none of the posts mention which boosters were used.

Also if you can recommend good cables for interconnection I'm open to suggestions.

Thanx in advance

2019-4-26
Use props
小仙女的星巴克
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4657841 ft
  • >>>
United States

If you have not got the 4hawks Raptor XR....consider the Alientech 5.8 Pro. It will solved all your problems. But if you already have it then you have to pay attention to the batteries that power it too. I have the SR with the 5.8 dragon boosters and powered by 4× 18650 batteries on 1 boosters and a QC 3.0 Power bank on the other boosters. The controller is very heavy. Considering that I don't want to spend more money for the mod. My range is about 12000 ft in Urban City till battery permit.
2019-4-26
Use props
小仙女的星巴克
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

And btw if you have the 2.4 boosters, the RC will not connect to 5.8. You can't find the 5.8 setting on the App. if I remember because I had the 2.4 boosters before then I returned it and get the 5.8 instead.
2019-4-26
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day CptnBlackBeard. Thank you for reaching out and for giving these information with us. I hope that you will get the best recommendation with regards to this inquiry from our valued DJI Co pilots. In addition just a friendly reminder that we do not recommend using 3rd part devices or accessories when flying or operating your DJI drones for compatibility and reliability purposes. Using 3rd party devices and accessories might cause harm on the said drone that may cause damage to the drone and can void the warranty as well. Have a safe and happy flying always. Thank you.
2019-4-26
Use props
CptnBlackBeard
lvl.2
Flight distance : 956217 ft
Germany

小仙女的星巴克 Posted at 4-26 04:33
If you have not got the 4hawks Raptor XR....consider the Alientech 5.8 Pro. It will solved all your problems. But if you already have it then you have to pay attention to the batteries that power it too. I have the SR with the 5.8 dragon boosters and powered by 4× 18650 batteries on 1 boosters and a QC 3.0 Power bank on the other boosters. The controller is very heavy. Considering that I don't want to spend more money for the mod. My range is about 12000 ft in Urban City till battery permit.

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

I'm already using the 4Hawks, and was wondering if the Sunhans 2W dual bands will be good enough or should I shoot for the 4W from other producers.

I'm mainly looking to increase signal stability for up to 3km radius.
2019-4-27
Use props
小仙女的星巴克
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

CptnBlackBeard Posted at 4-27 01:22
Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

I have those 5.8 Ghz boosters which they called the Dragon Boosters the one on your second option. MA will get good distance on 5.8Ghz on Urban area so 3 to 4 km should get you there only if the MA battery permit.
2019-4-27
Use props
fansfadc3feb
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1566617 ft
Brazil

for me in urban city - sao paulo its impossible go more than 600m. someone have some cheap solution? 2 years ago ive pilot one p3 adv and get more than 3km in urban city. my MA is impossible to drive and so bad transmission. all time lagging, cant work with MA
2019-10-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules