Wait to OSMO POCKET PRO or buying more accessories for Osmo Pocket?
2676 8 2019-4-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJDream
lvl.3
Israel

I have an Osmo Pocket device for a few months and I mainly like it. It has some very nice features, but it also lacks other features that I need, for example a much better low light 4K@60fps video recording and a less dailight shadow 4K@60fps ISO100 noise.
I already purchased a few accessories in order to complete a set for my needs: Tripod Mount, ND Filters, Clear Sky Filter, Lens Cap, a larger case. I spent aproximatelly $550 for the OP+OP Must Have stuff.
As I mentioned, the video picture quality of OP, especially in shaddowed areas and low light is very basic and I expected much more from a such device with a such price range (not cheap at all...).
So from this reason I'm thinking if it worth adding any other accessory for OP being able to use nly for Osmo Pocket or to stop right here and start save some money in order to buy the expected 1'' Sensor Osmo Pocket Pro / Osmo Big Pocket / Osmo Pocket 2 which according to rummors will be available in the 2 months...
What is your opinion: Saving for Osmo Pocket Pro or investing NOW more Osmo Pocket Accessories available for Osmo Pocket only and not usable for any other device?

Cheers
2019-4-28
Use props
Ray-CubeAce
Second Officer

United Kingdom

I think a lot will depend on how individuals use their Osmo Pocket.
If you need minimal post-processing, particularly for lower light situations then waiting for the possibility of a 'Pro' version of the Pocket may make sense. But we have no idea how long, if ever, that such a model will be on the horizon. Then the one you have in your possession may need additional help in the form of additional third-party peripherals to achieve a required goal.
Also, the number of problems people are having with processing or using their phones to complete their videos will moan even more as the demands of the output of the camera outstrips the ability of a phone to complete such tasks.
2019-4-28
Use props
Joemar7
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

I really much doubt that a revised version or pro version will come out in the next few months and even if that’s the case it would take forever to release other accessories.  DJI hasn’t even released all the remaining accessories for the OP and Is taking sometime.  I say, buy accessories as you need for your filming needs.  There are more companies coming out with different mounts that if you already own several, how would another one improve your filming?  I got carried away by buying a lot of probably unnecessary items that at the end of the day offer the same result.  I wish I can continue to use the current accessories with future releases of The OP, the same way GoPro does.  However, something tells me these items will collect dust as soon as a new OP comes out.
2019-4-28
Use props
BeterBan
lvl.4
Austria

Look youtube, there are 8.5% very good videos with OP - and 91.5% trash videos.
These 91.5% photographers believe with an OP Pro or OP Superpro IIIa
they become Scorseses or PeterJacksons ..
2019-4-28
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thank you for your feedback. We understand that our Osmo Pocket has a lot of room to improve to provide better experience into our customers when using the Osmo Pocket. No worries, we will forward your feedback to our designated department for further improvement. As of the time being, we don't have any information regarding DJI's future products, please stay tuned to the latest news and events by subscribing to DJI official website. We're hoping that you could get the best recommendation that you may need. Thank you for your support.
2019-4-28
Use props
saitron
lvl.3
Mexico

BeterBan Posted at 4-28 11:51
Look youtube, there are 8.5% very good videos with OP - and 91.5% trash videos.
These 91.5% photographers believe with an OP Pro or OP Superpro IIIa
they become Scorseses or PeterJacksons ..

Lol. So much hate in this answer, good or bad aren't yours. Let them be happy.
2019-4-28
Use props
Curt1591
First Officer
Thailand

With all the whining about the lack of release of al the accessories, someone wants to wait for the release of a non-existent camera?
2019-4-28
Use props
Curt1591
First Officer
Thailand

saitron Posted at 4-28 13:32
Lol. So much hate in this answer, good or bad aren't yours. Let them be happy.

Not hate; just an observation.

We have read, ad nauseam, of all the shortcomings. Yet, none have demonstrated their abilities to take advantage of the missing features by sharing their epic masterpieces.

2019-4-28
Use props
Ray-CubeAce
Second Officer

United Kingdom

Curt1591 Posted at 4-28 14:46
Not hate; just an observation.

We have read, ad nauseam, of all the shortcomings. Yet, none have demonstrated their abilities to take advantage of the missing features by sharing their epic masterpieces.

I have to agree with you about people not often showing their own work, but also slightly with BetterBan as I'm probably within his 91.5% with the exception that I know I've got a lot to learn yet and have no delusions on the state of my current abilities.
One thing I have learned so far is that practice and actual shooting conditions are very different.
I'm comfortable with my stills shooting capturing fleeting moments but I'm finding it's a lot harder to shoot video on the fly.
2019-4-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules