No Video on smart controller
5274 15 2019-4-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
TVOD
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1680082 ft
United Kingdom

Hi Anybody else had this issue, my smart controller would not display any video  all i had was a black screen, all the icons and buttons where there, it would also not play back any video from the media player. This is how it started,  i was in settings looking why i had no internet conection ( another issue) when i finally got a conection i went back to the Go4 app, and no video, at first i thought it was the drone but when i was taking photos i could hear it working,(photos where on the SD card when i checked at home) so i reset the Smart controller numerous times and i finally got video back on the Go4 app, the other issue is the smart controller does not automatically connect to my phone even though the conection is saved within the Controller, another issue i had yesterday was the class D warning was showing all the time, it normally flashes up for a few seconds then disapears

Roy
2019-4-29
Use props
TVOD
lvl.4
United Kingdom

precision landing is duff too 4 times i have had abort the landing, i am going to reinstall the firmwares in the drone and the controller see if that is the problem, im finding myself testing the drone all the time seeing if this works seeing if that works, should not be like this it should do what it says on the tin !!
2019-4-30
Use props
TVOD
lvl.4
United Kingdom

No video again today, remove SD card and restart and video comes back. i am using a recommended SD card , This latest firmware is a bit to glitchy for me im rolling back.
2019-5-6
Use props
Buzzyone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4647913 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Sounds like it could be faulty, or, it has gone to sleep, when the display is dark if you push the power button briefly does it come back on?

I can’t say I have seen this issue on my SC, all the firmwares I have installed Ito the current one with no issues.

Precision landing is a function of the drone not the SC. The drone handles all of that. When you say you have had to abort, is this because the drone is too far off it’s take off point? If so did you have a good GPS fix before departing the takeoff point?
2019-5-7
Use props
TVOD
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Hi Buzzyone, thanks for your reply, I  was starting to think that is faulty myself, but all the issues i have only started with the last firmware update, all seem to be caused by the SD card. I have tried 2 cards, a samsung EVO plus 128 GB which works fine in the osmo pocket, and a Sandisk extreme pro v3 64 GB. Been out today with my drone and no problems at all. when the screen looses video i can still all the screen buttons and icons, what i can't see is a picture, ie,no video feed to the screen, the return to home, i had about 14 sats before i took off, twice it has tried to land where it was which was about 20 feet away. I have taken the SD card out and i will see if the issues persist.

Cheers Roy
2019-5-7
Use props
fansc6d91057
lvl.1
United States

I just got the Mavic 2 Pro, and activated on Saturday.  Did a little testing and all seemed to be working.  On Sunday I tried to do some more testing, and each time I re-powered the drone it insisted on re-downloading the firmware, and after that I had various problems with the video feed to the smart controller.  Sometimes I got a B&W feed, then I just got a gray screen and occasionally got actual video.  Today, I powered up and video feed was there.  Powered down and re-booted and back to the gray screen.  This is not good.  I need some sort of reliability here, especially as I learn this new drone.  The loss of video feed on my P2 was the end of it... but this is brand new.  Ugh...
2019-6-10
Use props
fansc6d91057
lvl.1
United States

I never know which screen I am going to get.  This is completely unreliable.  Same results with SD card in or not in.  First time it started was with the San Disk that came with the kit, but does it with no card as well.  Also, the RTH is pretty far off.  Just a very short flight, and when it comes back it misses by a good 6 feet.  GPS lock was on all 3 times that happened.  Completely updated and calibrated.  :-/ .
2019-6-10
Use props
Sulo86
lvl.1
Flight distance : 315295 ft
Germany

I have the exact same issue :-/
2019-6-14
Use props
dlankler
New
Flight distance : 840135 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have the same issue.  What is going on DJI????
2019-7-1
Use props
dlankler
New
  • >>>
United States

I just spent $815 after taxes on a new Smart Controller bought directly from the DJI Experience Store in NYC. I did all the updates and am not getting any on screen errors with firmware (confirms it has latest).  I start flying and the moment it gets out of range, screen freezes in grey.  I hit RTH,  and bird comes back home, but video image remains frozen in grey.  Why, DJI? I am annoyed at myself for buying this when I read so many people having issues with a VERY exoensive device that is supposed to make things better, and there are A LOT of problems, apparently.   
2019-7-1
Use props
dlankler
New
  • >>>
United States

Okay, so after lots of experimenting, I downgraded the firmware and now the video recovers once the bird gets back in range (like it used to).  There's a couple hours of my life I am not getting back.  
2019-7-1
Use props
LeBaronGodette
lvl.1

United States

fansc6d91057 Posted at 6-10 12:11
[view_image]

[view_image]

I have that same issue.  Did you find a solution?
2019-7-6
Use props
gagu
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1215010 ft
Germany

I have the same issue but downgrade is no option with the Mavic ED...
2019-7-7
Use props
djiuser_DQFzdrRhr8Pl
New
United States

Yeah that haopens to me and I power both mavic and controller down and back up... its fixed. I just had taken 3 videos and in the file manager they are black and error says can not play video. This was a total waste of money!
2020-5-9
Use props
GOMAVIC
lvl.1
Serbia

Hi, I have the same problem last few months. Sometimes 5 times in row, so I must reset both mavic and sc. Also when I do live with hdmi and secondary monitor and with no problem on sc, there is black bar at the botton on that secondary monitor which ruins me the job. Please if you solved the problem help me . Also I have all firmware up to date, for cr, mavic2, baterys... thanks
2020-6-9
Use props
ChiukiAmsterdam
lvl.2
Flight distance : 7163576 ft

Netherlands

I just had this issue (June 28 2020) with my new SC and M2P - restarted everything several times. nothing. Took the SD card out of the smart controller, nothing. Everything updated to the lastest version. Shut down the M2P and took out the SD card and started it up without the card, works normally. Shut M2P down, reinserted the SC card and restarted, now working normally.
Strange thing - even though I had no video feed from the M2P, I could take a picture and play it back on the SC. Also could control the gimbal movements, so nothing was not working except the video feed from the M2P to the SC.... and of course it's Sunday, so no tech support, because who needs support on the weekend .... ?
2020-6-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules