iPhone will not connect to drone (Mavic 2)
3215 7 2019-5-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Pagemakers
lvl.3
Flight distance : 406430 ft
United Kingdom

I am running the latest Mavic firmware but now my iPhone XS MAX (iOS 12.2) refuses to connect to the aircraft. The RC connects ok to the drone and it can fly without the phone but the iphone itself permanently stays disconnected from the aircraft.

Things I’ve tried...

Re-booted everything
Deleted and re-installed DJI Go4
Tried 4 differed cables
Tried micro USB and full USB connections
Re-paired RC and aircraft
Downgraded firmware using DJI Assistant
Upgraded firmware using DJI Assistant (latest version).
Tried 2 different iOS devices iPhone 7 and iPad Pro

When I plug the iPhone into the RC the phone used to give a short vibrate to indicate the connection. This no longer does this which leads me to suspect a controller USB issue. The RC does charge correctly.

Please advise what more I can do.
2019-5-4
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13438648 ft
  • >>>
South Africa

Before ruling a RC fault try an Android phone and see if it connects
2019-5-4
Use props
zappy54
Second Officer
Flight distance : 482260 ft
United Kingdom

looks like you tried everything only thing I can think is make sure you only got one cable connection at any time to RC .if not that than seems like RC prob good luck
2019-5-4
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13926112 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Try using a different cable to connect the RC and iPhone.
2019-5-5
Use props
Pagemakers
lvl.3
United Kingdom

I’ve used multiple cables. When I get home I’ll try to update the RC independently using the App.  
2019-5-5
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, we're sorry to know about this situation. Thank you for providing the troubleshooting steps that you've done to possibly rectify this matter. However, I highly recommend using a different mobile device to isolate the issue as the iPhone XS MAX is not yet part of compatible mobile devices, therefore, using the said mobile device may cause connection problem. To check if the problem is the USB port of the RC or it's a compatibility matter, you may consider using different mobile device. It would be better if we could try a device that is included in our compatible devices. Thank you for understanding.

2019-5-5
Use props
Pagemakers
lvl.3
United Kingdom

In my first post you will see that I have used several iOS devices and several cables and none work. It has worked on my iPhone XS Max just last week!

Just now I installed DJI Go on an android device and that too will not connect to the aircraft. That obviously uses a totally different cable.

So that’s now 4 devices and about 8 different cables I’ve tried.

I am certain the controller is faulty.
2019-5-6
Use props
KAISER Tahiti
lvl.1
Flight distance : 65551 ft

French Polynesia

I have exactly the same problem everything worked correctly then more means of connecting the RC to the phone or even to the drone ... I tried with a RC of phantom 3pro and everything to work on my iphone 11pro max I tried to connect my RC to my imac impossible !!! if you have find a solution? I feel that the rc has a manufacturing problem because I have a google dji and it connects effortlessly to the drone!
2020-4-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules