Z30 Camera will not tilt up and down
1909 7 2019-5-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SuperiorDroneNC
lvl.2

United States

My M210 was working fine. I put my single downward gimbal on to with my Z30 to do a wedding. once done with the video, I changed batteries and was going back up to take some photos but my camera would not tilt up and down. It will still pan side to side but will not tilt. When I got back to the office, I changed back to my dual downward gimbal and it still will not tilt up and down. Folks tell me...Have I hit a setting or something on my cendence remote or what?  I can not figure this out and need if for Monday.  Thanks
2019-5-4
Use props
SuperiorDroneNC
lvl.2

United States

I tried my xt camera and it will not tilt up or down either. Could this be a setting or possible a wire when I was changing from a dual gimbal to a single then back to a dual??
2019-5-5
Use props
SuperiorDroneNC
lvl.2

United States

Ok...I found 1 of the small string wires nbroke that goes to the silver piece on the gimbal.  I think this could be the problem. Can someone tell me if and how the best way to fix this is?  Thanks
2019-5-5
Use props
EFRPIC
Second Officer

United States

I would guess the best way is to have a new dual gimbal part sent to you as an attempted repair could do more damage than good. DJI might repair your unit but no idea how long that would take.
2019-5-5
Use props
SuperiorDroneNC
lvl.2

United States

EFRPIC Posted at 5-5 09:42
I would guess the best way is to have a new dual gimbal part sent to you as an attempted repair could do more damage than good. DJI might repair your unit but no idea how long that would take.

It is not the dual gimbal. It is one of the little string wires with the silver piece on the end of the wires that comes out of the M210.  It is one of those little wires which is broke.
2019-5-5
Use props
EFRPIC
Second Officer

United States

Ah, ok. Off to repair I would suggest. I doubt it is field repairable.
2019-5-5
Use props
fans494624c1
lvl.1

United States

If you mean the loop of fishing line on the backside of the gimbal, that is just a retaining wire to hold the camera on in case all 3 dampeners failed. It just screws in and you should be able to order those. If that's what is broken that won't affect the camera operation.

After the latest firmware update my Z30 will not pan or tilt either in slot 1. It moves properly during startup, but will not move once it is facing forward. All camera settings work and it will take imagery, but will not move.

If I put the Z30 in slot 2 paired with an X4S, X5S or XT2 in slot 1, and I enable dual gimbal control, both cameras will move.

I'm glad I can still use it but I think there's a problem with the last firmware.
2019-5-6
Use props
SuperiorDroneNC
lvl.2

United States

fans494624c1 Posted at 5-6 07:27
If you mean the loop of fishing line on the backside of the gimbal, that is just a retaining wire to hold the camera on in case all 3 dampeners failed. It just screws in and you should be able to order those. If that's what is broken that won't affect the camera operation.

After the latest firmware update my Z30 will not pan or tilt either in slot 1. It moves properly during startup, but will not move once it is facing forward. All camera settings work and it will take imagery, but will not move.

The wire broke goes from inside the aircraft to the silver piece with other wires that attach inside the gimbal. I have taken it to an authorized dealer/repair to get it fixed. Hope this fixes it. Will keep all updated.
2019-5-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules