Horizon tilts when drone banks R&L
577 4 2019-5-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jimmy W
lvl.2
Flight distance : 75020 ft
United States

Hello.  I've had my new Mavic Pro Platinum for about two month's now.  I love it.  Its my first drone and the video and funtions are fantastic.   But just the last couple of weeks when I fly it side to side, the horizon tips on the screen with the angle the drone tips.  Its like the gimbal is stuck.   Its never crashed and I use the gimbal lock and bubble every time it is stored.  It goes through gimbal calibration fine and I'm not getting any warnings on the screen about overload or anything.   Anyone have any thoughts or solutions?   It seemed to start after I first flew it in sport mode.
2019-5-4
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I thought you'd already resolved that problem here

With all powered up and connected, check gimbal settings in DJI Go 4 'Gimbal Settings' menu, and make sure the 'Gimbal Mode' is set to 'Follow' (the gimbal will follow the horizon level). IF it were set to FPV (First Person View) then it would act as you describe to try and emulate what a pilot might see when banking his aircraft left or right.

There is always the possibility that wind is knocking the gimbal off level, this can happen, especially in sport mode.
2019-5-5
Use props
Jimmy W
lvl.2
Flight distance : 75020 ft
United States

Aardvark Posted at 5-5 04:29
I thought you'd already resolved that problem here

With all powered up and connected, check gimbal settings in DJI Go 4 'Gimbal Settings' menu, and make sure the 'Gimbal Mode' is set to 'Follow' (the gimbal will follow the horizon level). IF it were set to FPV (First Person View) then it would act as you describe to try and emulate what a pilot might see when banking his aircraft left or right.

Strangest thing.  I don't get it.  I just set it up on a table, checked the gimbal settings again, still on follow.   Recalibrated the gimbal...again...and picked up the Mavic and tilted it every which way and the screen was completely stable.  The gimbal was gimballing perfectly.    There was little to no wind yesterday and never used sport mode.  Cant fly it now either
2019-5-5
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Jimmy W Posted at 5-5 06:12
Strangest thing.  I don't get it.  I just set it up on a table, checked the gimbal settings again, still on follow.   Recalibrated the gimbal...again...and picked up the Mavic and tilted it every which way and the screen was completely stable.  The gimbal was gimballing perfectly.    There was little to no wind yesterday and never used sport mode.  Cant fly it now either

If it happens again post the video, there's always a small chance there could be an intermittent fault.
2019-5-5
Use props
Bob Brown
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4209662 ft
  • >>>
United States

I say if it happens again try re flashing the AC firmware and also remove/reinstall DJI GO 4 (clears settings) or use a "fresh" different mobile device to test with.
2019-5-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules