X3 camera
657 4 2019-5-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans8f10708a
lvl.1
Flight distance : 132467 ft

United Kingdom

Can anyone tell me is the X3 camera that comes with the Osmo, the same as the one we have for the Inspire 1?
2019-5-5
Use props
Mark Guille
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2031818 ft
Jersey

Nope, the Inspire X3 will work with the Osmo but the Osmo X3 will not work properly with the Inspire.

Mark G.
2019-5-5
Use props
HereForTheBeer
First Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

that's so stupid.... why.. any reasoning?  the pins and connections looks the same..  software lock or physical limitation where cannot communicate..?  like the seller i purchased my used inspire from said rumors that camera transmitting independently of the drone but that seems like dumb explanation and wasteful..

i was really wanting to upgrade the standard included X3 camera to X3 Zoom, from Osmo+, since a seller locally willing to do camera only sale from his osmo+ for really cheap like $150!
2019-5-5
Use props
HereForTheBeer
First Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

so..im still waiting on my inspire 1 to arrive....but i checked around..i found someone on discord im friends with,  with an inspire 1 V2 and osmo+ (X3 zoom) and he tried it and the gimbal did its dance calibrating itself and stabilizing attached but no image transmission..also couldn't command it from the controller..    he doesnt think the camera itself does any transmitting and that DJI has soft locked it prob knowing they can charge more for same thing twice over... cuz drone/camera icon in the top shows full signal, but no image and getting error that no image transmission in the app.  and his experience flying taught him that video starts crapping out when the drone/live view signal starts dropping, no separated..

im not a camera expert or pro either, bit specs of X3 Zoom with focusing range and zoom range appears to be identical to the Z3..  even if X3 Zoom was designed for closer up focusing range the focusing range listed matched that of Z3... soo ya..  also something to know, in our research found a few cases where osmo was discovered as a inspire 1 pro when attached to X3 Zoom on osmo arm in DJI applications and SDK based apps.  this sorta proves in theory maybe was plans at one time for DJI to support it but they forgot or backed out, also i heard multiple stories online where DJI support mentioned future plans for osmo cameras to work on inspire 1 but that got scraped..   

i think DJI should respond to why physically why OSMO cameras wont work on Inspire 1, what is stopping them exactly and since inspire 1  is now completely EOL, DJI should consider updating firmware to add support for them if it is technically possible and since DJI isnt really worried about those Z3 sales much anymore.. i think osmo+ and pro both still for sale from DJI, so could prop up sales n that end if DJI adds inspire 1 support to them.. just a thought for dji crew to consider
2019-5-5
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13926112 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

HereForTheBeer Posted at 5-5 15:31
that's so stupid.... why.. any reasoning?  the pins and connections looks the same..  software lock or physical limitation where cannot communicate..?  like the seller i purchased my used inspire from said rumors that camera transmitting independently of the drone but that seems like dumb explanation and wasteful..

i was really wanting to upgrade the standard included X3 camera to X3 Zoom, from Osmo+, since a seller locally willing to do camera only sale from his osmo+ for really cheap like $150!

I agree - they are practically identical except the colour
2019-5-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules