933 8 2019-5-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
tgjgold
lvl.2
Flight distance : 14183 ft
United States

hello,
I am using Go app 4 v 4.3.14 with 4gb phone running Android 8.1 and an OTG connection to the RC. Android is plain vanilla with no manufacturer's shell changes.

When flying the Spark with a cached version of the simple map zoomed in, I can see the home point and AC properly oriented, but I do not get any flight tracking or movement of the red triangle. When I play back the recorded flight logs, I do get the proper tracking lines and can follow all of the AC's movement and heading changes.

Oh, it would be so nice to have that flight path if I lose visual sight of AC.

I have confirmation from another helpful user that live flight tracking with the cached map works correctly with Android 7 on a less capable device with 2GB of mem and the same Go App version, though he flew with a wifi connection from the phone to the DJI controller. (Apple version users also do not have the problem.)

I then tried flying with a wifi connection but it still did not track in real time.

Everything else I've done so far works very well - phone is responsive during flight, etc. The only another anomaly I've seen is not being able to turn the histogram on reliably. I will toggle it on from the photo mode settings and the histogram won't show up or the toggle position is not remembered when i move away and back to the settings. Eventually I get it to show up and stick, maybe after resetting the photo setpoints, but the steps are not reproducible.

I'm suspecting the OS version is the culprit? I may get Litchi just to see if live tracking works there.

If someone can offer more guidance I would much appreciate it.

For one, shouldn't toggling the histogram on and off be a sure 100% guaranteed process?
I would think so.

thanks.

2019-5-5
Use props
Stinger1
lvl.3
Flight distance : 205016 ft
Australia

The app version works fine on my Iphone.
2019-5-6
Use props
Stinger1
lvl.3
Flight distance : 205016 ft
Australia

2019-5-6
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

I'd would try an/some older app, first.

Try 4.2.21  for a test
2019-5-6
Use props
tgjgold
lvl.2
United States

Stinger1 Posted at 5-6 17:07

Thanks, but the problem is with a phone running Android 8.1.

2019-5-7
Use props
tgjgold
lvl.2
United States

S-e-ven Posted at 5-6 17:57
I'd would try an/some older app, first.

Try 4.2.21  for a test

thank you Captain.

I will try that suggestion once I figure out how to do it and come back to the version I am now using.

I also saw where Litchi has a 2 hr return window... not worth the $25 gamble.

I did try loading the latest go app  v.16 on a different android phone that is also running Android 8.1 and noticed that the gimbal pitch rate display did not display a number at all and the plus / minus icons did not work. (still had the same histogram fails to display problem)

I also used another phone with android 6.01 on it and the latest v .16 go app and the gimbal pitch display worked correctly - even pulling in the last correct set point from the spark. (I'll have to double check on the histogram)

I hope DJI can see how one can quickly lose confidence in their app's robustness if results are so unpredictable and vary depending on Android OS version.

I do plan to fly with the go app on the android 6.01 to see if the live flight tracking works there - it's just that the phone, a Samsung J7 sky pro, only has 2 GB memory - so it's not apples to apples.

We'll see.

I'm assuming you don't have a problem with either flight tracking or the histogram.

Could you give me additional info?

Have you used the go app using Android 8.1 and a Spark?

Does your histogram appear and disappear on the display as you toggle the settings switch on and off?
Or is the change only applied once you close the photo/video options panel?

thanks
2019-5-7
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

tgjgold Posted at 5-7 08:13
thank you Captain.

I will try that suggestion once I figure out how to do it and come back to the version I am now using.

I have, till now, never used a 4.3.xx app. Ok, just by accident updated, once.
But went direct back to 4.2.21
I am using 4.1.15 (mod.2.0) plus 4.2.21 on Android 7, 8 and 9 devices.
(I have the apk  on all devices, right now the 4.2.21 is sometimes complaining during opening on droid 9 [oneplus5], but after "updating" it from the apk, it works again.

But i haven't been using it for some weeks, now.
Just: try the 4.2.21 or the 4.1.15.
And in case you find one that is doing the job: save the apk.

2019-5-7
Use props
tgjgold
lvl.2
United States

S-e-ven Posted at 5-7 08:48
I have, till now, never used a 4.3.xx app. Ok, just by accident updated, once.
But went direct back to 4.2.21
I am using 4.1.15 (mod.2.0) plus 4.2.21 on Android 7, 8 and 9 devices.

Good news captain..I resolved both issues, though i believe DJI should follow up to see if the 'switch' control has a UI defect.

I detailed my findings here.
https://forum.phantomhelp.com/t/ ... ck-live-flight/2943

thanks for your help.
2019-5-8
Use props
Lysak2003
First Officer
Flight distance : 500052 ft
Ukraine

really strange issue. do you have it in any location or it does happen only in one particular spot?
2019-5-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules