Manual Flying
560 15 2019-5-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
CaptainRed
lvl.2
Flight distance : 119518 ft

United Kingdom

First attempt at a long distance flight filming my friend on a local trail...was a bit nervous at mid trail there are large trees to avoid! Still learning and will hopefully get better.
What gamble and flight stick settings do people use for smoother flight and capture?
2019-5-6
Use props
Flycaster
Second Officer
United States

Slow and small stick movements at first. There are settings that will change the "rate" of the stick inputs, but I would leave those alone (for now).
In the Go app, there are setting for the rate and deceleration of the gimbal wheel. Those you can play with now, will not effect the actual flight of the AC.
Again, go slow, if ti's to slow in the capture, you can always speed it up a bit in post processing.
2019-5-6
Use props
ghostrdr
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1272723 ft
United States

Not bad!
2019-5-6
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13926112 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Great footage - active track would have been a good choice for this shoot
2019-5-6
Use props
CaptainRed
lvl.2

United Kingdom

A J Posted at 5-6 06:17
Great footage - active track would have been a good choice for this shoot

It’s a shame that active track will not descend with the bike!
2019-5-6
Use props
CaptainRed
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Flycaster Posted at 5-6 05:55
Slow and small stick movements at first. There are settings that will change the "rate" of the stick inputs, but I would leave those alone (for now).
In the Go app, there are setting for the rate and deceleration of the gimbal wheel. Those you can play with now, will not effect the actual flight of the AC.
Again, go slow, if ti's to slow in the capture, you can always speed it up a bit in post processing.

Thanks for the feedback...just been looking at different settings...some only slight from factory so looking forward to trying it out!
2019-5-6
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

CaptainRed Posted at 5-6 06:33
It’s a shame that active track will not descend with the bike!

Try active track spot light which will keep the bike in the shot as you fly manually
2019-5-6
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day CaptainRed. Thank you for sharing this wonderful aerial video you have captured. Great flying and thank you for your support.
2019-5-6
Use props
CaptainRed
lvl.2

United Kingdom

DJI Stephen Posted at 5-6 08:12
Hello and good day CaptainRed. Thank you for sharing this wonderful aerial video you have captured. Great flying and thank you for your support.

Thanks...will give that a try. I’ve got my first event to capture in two weeks time so plenty of practice and different ideas needed
2019-5-6
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

CaptainRed Posted at 5-6 08:31
Thanks...will give that a try. I’ve got my first event to capture in two weeks time so plenty of practice and different ideas needed

You're welcome
2019-5-6
Use props
nixuspix
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2864974 ft
  • >>>
Latvia

I do like and enjoy your video. Thank You
2019-5-6
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

CaptainRed Posted at 5-6 08:31

You are very much welcome CaptainRed. Have a safe and happy flying always.
2019-5-6
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

Not bad. Keep at it.
2019-5-6
Use props
ChrisJG
First Officer
Flight distance : 1725341 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

That’s a great first attempt. It’s quite trick to fly, film and not fly into trees, bridges, pylons etc at first. I filmed my son kiting using active track, and that worked well, although we were in a flat playing field without obstructions. Might be worth a try. If you want steadier footage, you could try ‘tripod mode’ too, though suspect it might slow you down too much. Good luck.
2019-5-6
Use props
ChrisJG
First Officer
Flight distance : 1725341 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

That’s a great first attempt. It’s quite tricky to fly, film and not fly into trees, bridges, pylons etc at first. I filmed my son kiting using active track, and that worked well, although we were in a flat playing field without obstructions. Might be worth a try. If you want steadier footage, you could try ‘tripod mode’ too, though suspect it might slow you down too much. Good luck.
2019-5-6
Use props
DJI Panda
Administrator
Flight distance : 405039 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Nice video, love the music you used. Thanks for sharing!
2019-5-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules