Microphone on Smart controller
3078 7 2019-5-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
TVOD
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1680082 ft
United Kingdom

Hi, I was going though some videos i had found on SC, I could hear myself talking but it sounded like i was under water, anybody else noticed this issue on their SC?
2019-5-6
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, we're sorry to know about the situation. The Smart controller has a built-in speaker and microphone, however, may we have a sample of the said sound problem for a further check? Please keep us posted on the latest progress. Thank you for your support.
2019-5-6
Use props
ff22
Second Officer
United States

In order to test the mic, I used Parrot app.  But I really needed to boost the "gain" or input volume otherwise I could barely hear the recorded sound.  
2019-5-6
Use props
TVOD
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1680082 ft
United Kingdom

Hi,, tested the Mic today while i was out with the drone, the sound recoding was sort of ok not the best quality, the recording i heard before was from when i was having issues with a SD card.The SD card was causing the Go4 app to crash, I changed the SD card for a recommended type and the App has stopped crashing, the card that was crashing the app works fine in my Osmo pocket..

Cheers Roy
2019-5-7
Use props
djiuser_Tuuz94kwu5xM
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1643907 ft
United States

I realize thread is old but I didnt find many other threads, relating to the SC horrible internal mic, or solutions, so Im throwing in my 2c to help others that want to record audio into the SC without having to deal with merging separate audio files later "in post".
I like to narrate my flights using a screen recorder as opposed to caching with audio.

I found 2 ways that work, its your preference.
1) DRONEVALLEY custom splitter (USB-C on bottom of SC)
https://www.dronevalley.com/store/p264/www.dronevalley.com/store/p247/Smart_Controller_-_Carrying_Case.html.html

2) Amazon LAPEL MIC (USB- on top of SC)
https://www.amazon.com/Microphone-MAONO-Omnidirectional-Microphone-Recording-Broadcasting/dp/B074BLM973/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?keywords=USB+Lavalier+Microphone-MAONO+AU-410+192kHz%2F24bit+Omnidirectional+Lapel+Mic+Hands+Free+Shirt+Collar+Clip-on+Microphone+for+PC+Computer%2C+Laptop%2C+YouTube&qid=1577220938&sr=8-1

(Note this response has been copy/pasted on a few of like threads on forums)
2019-12-24
Use props
djiuser_Tuuz94kwu5xM
lvl.3
United States

I realize thread is old but I didnt find many other threads, relating to the SC horrible internal mic, or solutions, so Im throwing in my 2c to help others that want to record audio into the SC without having to deal with merging separate audio files later "in post".
I like to narrate my flights using a screen recorder as opposed to caching with audio.

I found 2 ways that work, its your preference.
1) DRONEVALLEY custom splitter (USB-C on bottom of SC)
https://www.dronevalley.com/store/p264/www.dronevalley.com/store/p247/Smart_Controller_-_Carrying_Case.html.html

2) Amazon LAPEL MIC (USB- on top of SC)
https://www.amazon.com/Microphone-MAONO-Omnidirectional-Microphone-Recording-Broadcasting/dp/B074BLM973/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?keywords=USB+Lavalier+Microphone-MAONO+AU-410+192kHz%2F24bit+Omnidirectional+Lapel+Mic+Hands+Free+Shirt+Collar+Clip-on+Microphone+for+PC+Computer%2C+Laptop%2C+YouTube&qid=1577220938&sr=8-1

(Note this response has been copy/pasted on a few of like threads on forums)
2019-12-24
Use props
djiuser_Tuuz94kwu5xM
lvl.3
United States

IN ADDITION,

At first, I saw DroneValley custom made a TRS (3 rings, not 4) spliiter for mic & headphones, however, I prefer nothing hanging out of USB-C port (Bad exp w/ cell & I leave a magnetic insert in it, thats used for easy charging), so I wanted a USB-A (on top of SC) solution and THIS ONE WORKED JUST FINE...

This is the only one I tested, so sorry if your not after a lapel mic!

NOTE: Drone Valley mentioned that their USB-A audio testing was not successful (search YT, How to add microphone to DJI Smart Controller) so Im not sure if I just got lucky but I want to mention that I SIDELOADED GOOGLE PLAYSTORE (search YT: Google Playstore on Smart Controller by CertifiedAerials) which installed all of Googles services.

I MENTION THIS AS IT MAYVE INSTALLED AN AUDIO DRIVER that was missing for Drone Valleys test? Not sure?

Anyway, so this one works on SC, audio was fine, better than SC by far, and lapel mic isolated ambient noise nicely!!!

Hope this help someone
2019-12-24
Use props
Groundpilot
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2106 ft
Canada

Has anyone tried Logitech H600 Wireless Headset ? this one is wireless with USB-A receiver which can plug in the smart controller USB-A port.
I have tried few earphone with microphone like H390, H340 and they all work fine the audio quality is acceptable not natural H390 > H340, but I don't have the H600 to try.
The internal microphone after few firmware updates, it seems almost useless now. I remembered when I just got the smart controller last year, the audio can be recorded in screen record, although the quality is poor, but there's something, and now I have to turn the volume all the way up and just barely (really low), hear something recorded.
2020-12-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules