Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
P4A UV filter/Standard lens glass replacement
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DarkZero
lvl.4
Flight distance : 923127 ft
Australia

Hi Everyone,

I have noticed my factory lens protector/glass/filter what ever it is called has become a bit scratched, light scuff if that to be honest. Do i need to replace this and if so anyone know of a good replacement that doesn't cost what the DJI part does?

Thanks in advance
2019-5-7
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, good day DarkZero. Thanks for reaching out and I'm sorry for the trouble. Just a friendly reminder, We do not recommend doing a DIY repair on your DJI Drones since there would be a possibility that your warranty may be voided and DIY might cause some additional issues or problems to your drone.  Thank you for your kind and understanding and have a safe and happy flying always.
2019-5-7
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

DJI Gamora Posted at 5-7 15:52
Hi, good day DarkZero. Thanks for reaching out and I'm sorry for the trouble. Just a friendly reminder, We do not recommend doing a DIY repair on your DJI Drones since there would be a possibility that your warranty may be voided and DIY might cause some additional issues or problems to your drone.  Thank you for your kind and understanding and have a safe and happy flying always.

Really? On a part that can be unscrewed and changed for another?

To DarkZero, it is actually a UV filter, so perhaps look in the Polar Pro filter range, but you will likely find they are all more expensive than the genuine replacement part.
2019-5-7
Use props
DarkZero
lvl.4
Flight distance : 923127 ft
Australia

DJI Gamora Posted at 5-7 15:52
Hi, good day DarkZero. Thanks for reaching out and I'm sorry for the trouble. Just a friendly reminder, We do not recommend doing a DIY repair on your DJI Drones since there would be a possibility that your warranty may be voided and DIY might cause some additional issues or problems to your drone.  Thank you for your kind and understanding and have a safe and happy flying always.

I am replacing the lens cover (UV filter) that you unscrew to install ND filters. This wouldn't break any warranty.
2019-5-7
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

DarkZero Posted at 5-7 16:06
I am replacing the lens cover (UV filter) that you unscrew to install ND filters. This wouldn't break any warranty.

No, of course it would not. It is a pity that our moderators do not know this basic fact.
2019-5-7
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

DarkZero Posted at 5-7 16:06

We do apologize for the confusion. What we would like to express is that the DJI does not recommend fixing the drone by our customer's end as this process would void the warranty of your unit. We highly recommend contacting our support team if the drone experience any incident or damage. However, regarding the stock ND filter, we have the available parts that you may purchase to our store website. You may refer to the link below.  In addition, Replacing the ND Filter should not affect the warranty of your drone. Hope that this will clarify your query to us and thank you for your kind and understanding. Thank you for your continued support.
2019-5-8
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

DJI Gamora Posted at 5-8 11:01
We do apologize for the confusion. What we would like to express is that the DJI does not recommend fixing the drone by our customer's end as this process would void the warranty of your unit. We highly recommend contacting our support team if the drone experience any incident or damage. However, regarding the stock ND filter, we have the available parts that you may purchase to our store website. You may refer to the link below.  In addition, Replacing the ND Filter should not affect the warranty of your drone. Hope that this will clarify your query to us and thank you for your kind and understanding. Thank you for your continued support.

Thank you for correcting that.
2019-5-8
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Geebax Posted at 5-8 14:34
Thank you for correcting that.

Thank you very much for your kind and understanding. Have a safe and happy flying always!
2019-5-9
Use props
djiuser_teNwRgebLJ17
lvl.2

United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 2019-5-8 11:01

I don't see a link here. Can you please update with link to this part?

Thank you
2021-7-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules