No-fly for newbies
2571 12 2019-5-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Stodge
lvl.1
United States

I just got a Spark yesterday and started playing with it in beginner mode.  I was able to take off after a warning that I was close to a restricted zone.  This morning I was reading up on the app and fired up the drone and it prompted for an update.  I did that and now it's saying I'm in a red no-fly zone.  According to the GEO Zone web site I'm in a blue zone, not red.

Any thoughts on how to get the app/Spark to see the correct zone?

2019-5-9
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thanks for the inquiry. For the blue zone or authorization zones. In these Zones, which appear blue in the DJI GO map, users will be prompted with a warning and flight is limited by default. Authorization Zones may be unlocked by authorized users using a DJI verified account. You may request for the self unlocking using the link below to possibly unlock the location. Hope that this information would help. Thank you for your support.

https://www.dji.com/flysafe/self-unlock
2019-5-9
Use props
Stodge
lvl.1
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 5-9 08:13
Hi, thanks for the inquiry. For the blue zone or authorization zones. In these Zones, which appear blue in the DJI GO map, users will be prompted with a warning and flight is limited by default. Authorization Zones may be unlocked by authorized users using a DJI verified account. You may request for the self unlocking using the link below to possibly unlock the location. Hope that this information would help. Thank you for your support.

https://www.dji.com/flysafe/self-unlock

How exactly do I get a verified account?

And how do I get the drone and app to see that I'm not in a red zone?  That's more of the problem.  The map on the DJI site says blue, but the app is showing red.
2019-5-10
Use props
JMR58
First Officer
Flight distance : 627966 ft
  • >>>
Belgium

Stodge Posted at 5-10 08:21

And how do I get the drone and app to see that I'm not in a red zone?  That's more of the problem.  The map on the DJI site says blue, but the app is showing red.

The mail address you use to sign in the DJi apps is your account.
About the zone you are in; when you have your controller connected to the drone, in the DJi Go 4 app you tap on the map, then on the "sniper icon" on top! this should give a pop up with geo information.

2019-5-10
Use props
Stodge
lvl.1
United States

JMR58 Posted at 5-10 08:49
The mail address you use to sign in the DJi apps is your account.
About the zone you are in; when you have your controller connected to the drone, in the DJi Go 4 app you tap on the map, then on the "sniper icon" on top! this should give a pop up with geo information.

OK I'll give that a try.

On the account, DJI Tony said "verified" account.  Just curious how one's account becomes verified.  I had read at some point users had to provide identification information for verification.
2019-5-10
Use props
JMR58
First Officer
  • >>>
Belgium

Stodge Posted at 5-10 09:01
OK I'll give that a try.

On the account, DJI Tony said "verified" account.  Just curious how one's account becomes verified.  I had read at some point users had to provide identification information for verification.

Following the link of DJI Tony for self-unlock you will see that first you have to select your country and then you can verify your account with creditcard or mobile phone number. i use phone number and following next steps you will receive a code on your phone you have to bring in on the website..
Good luck!
2019-5-10
Use props
JMR58
First Officer
  • >>>
Belgium

This is the screenshot of the Map opend and tap on "sniper icon" above, you see a geo info window pops up, of course you have to have GPS connetion.
IMG_2411.jpeg
2019-5-10
Use props
Warriewoodlad
Second Officer
Flight distance : 625230 ft
Australia

JMR58 Posted at 5-10 11:35
This is the screenshot of the Map opend and tap on "sniper icon" above, you see a geo info window pops up, of course you have to have GPS connetion.

Good to know - thanks for sharing.
2019-5-10
Use props
Stodge
lvl.1
United States

I'm getting nowhere fast.  I went through the unlock.  I got a code and put it in.  I was able to import the license to the aircraft.  But every time I try to take off it says takeoff failed.  The overall status has a red trinagle and it says I'm in a no fly zone.  It's like the app has two different status.  One says restricted, do this, the other says sorry no-fly.
2019-5-11
Use props
Stodge
lvl.1
United States

It looks like I'm getting 6 short green then 2 long red flashes on the status lights on the spark.
2019-5-11
Use props
JMR58
First Officer
  • >>>
Belgium

Hi Stodge, seems your zone still has to be unlocked by DJi, so you will have to send a unlock request to flysafe@dji.com.
They will ask for some more information, see below their respond on my unlock question,..

Sorry for the trouble .

Could you please give us the coordinates that you want unlock so we can check for you first ?

Please send me the information in the format of longitude: 1.123456; latitude: 1.123456

To better save your time ,please also send us the following information :

1, Your flight controller's SN.Please connect the drone with the app, go to DJI GO/DJI GO 4 > General Settings > About >Flight Controller SN to check the number.

2,Your DJI account email .

Could you please connect your drone with controller and APP ,and send us the following information :

1,A screen shot of your DJI GO 4 APP ,about page .

2,A screen shot of your DJI GO 4 APP ,unlocking list page .

3,A screen shot of your DJI GO 4 APP ,map page .

If you have any further question, please feel free to contact us. We're always here to help.

Best Regards
Bruce
DJI Technical Support
Youtube: http://s.dji.com/Youtube-DJI

After my answers, my requested zone was unlocked whitin moments(you receive mail from your Dji support buddy)...he said for 1 year with my account.
Good luck
2019-5-11
Use props
JMR58
First Officer
  • >>>
Belgium

one more update,...after receiving the unlock confirmation from DJi support, reinstalling the DJi Go 4 app and signing in with your account mail is needed (unlock license is in your account)
2019-5-12
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Stodge Posted at 5-10 08:21

And how do I get the drone and app to see that I'm not in a red zone?  That's more of the problem.  The map on the DJI site says blue, but the app is showing red.

Hi, thanks for the prompt reply. You may request unlock to the link that I've provided above, however, it seems that this request did not recognize by the application. I would suggest sending an email to flysafe@dji.com for further assistance in regards to this query. Thank you for understanding.
2019-5-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules