user service life of p3 standard
690 6 2019-5-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
G-BYPA
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1410325 ft
United Kingdom

Does anyone know what the service life of a phantom 3 is ? Mines 3 years old no crashes no hard landings 211 flights on 3 batteries coming to 76 hours with light to moderate workload typicly landing @ 15% battery. I just wondered when i should start thinking of either replacing it or having that one serviced wich id rather do as it hasnt let me down ever in return i havnt let it go down & eat crap.   

2019-5-9
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

There are plenty of P2s still flying wonderfully so I'm not sure if we can answer the question accurately.  
2019-5-9
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

keep her flying.  It's tough.
2019-5-9
Use props
solentlife
First Officer
Flight distance : 1087530 ft
United Kingdom

Its not a car ... so no oil to change ... no greasing points ... no filters ...

Basically if there's no sound of worn out motor bearings ... frames in good condition ... batterys in RC and AC still performing  .... just enjoy it ... there is no 'service life' ... it works or it doesn't basically.
2019-5-10
Use props
NM_Quad
lvl.4
United States

I've had my P3S a bit longer than you, and like you, still flies great.  There's not really anything that can "wear out" with proper care except batteries and the props.  I've replaced props due to small breaks, presummably from hitting bugs or something.  Batteries also have a finite life, not that I've seen it yet.  Seems 90% of failures/crashes are operator error, so fly conservatively, avoid hard landings (I hand catch) and hopefully both of ours will still be flying years from now.
2019-5-10
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, good day G-BYPA. Thank you for your query to us. The service life of the Phantom 3 Standard will depend on the usage of the said drone. Please try to check for physical damages like stress cracks, scratches on the lens and the battery as well. You may check the link below on how you will maintain the performance and integrity of the said drone. Thank you for your continued support. Cheers!
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=117863
2019-5-10
Use props
G-BYPA
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1410325 ft
United Kingdom

DJI Gamora Posted at 2019-5-10 13:25
Hi, good day G-BYPA. Thank you for your query to us. The service life of the Phantom 3 Standard will depend on the usage of the said drone. Please try to check for physical damages like stress cracks, scratches on the lens and the battery as well. You may check the link below on how you will maintain the performance and integrity of the said drone. Thank you for your continued support. Cheers!
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=117863

Hi its had a fairly sedate life flown well i noticed one single wandering stress crack on one arm in year 1 micro drilled the ends of the crack and filled with wetsteel. Self grounded untill reinforcing plates arrived flown faultless ever since total distance now over 825973 meters flown on 408 hours flight time on six genuine dji batts i wont put generic batts anywhere near my drone.   
2020-1-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules