Calibrate new encoder motor yaw gimbal - Phantom 4 pro
2638 5 2019-5-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Grzegorz
lvl.2
Flight distance : 44049 ft
Poland

I warmly welcome. Would it be possible to ask the manufacturer of DJI Phantom 4 PRO to add the possibility of calibrating new yaw axle motors with a new encoder. Many people have had an accident and everyone knows that after replacing the engine, the gimbal no longer holds the direction. In the majority of gimbal they are no longer usable by this. Therefore, please add this calibration option to the dji companion so that manual encoder settings are available for recalibration permanently saved. I am asking you to send my request to the department which I am getting to know about the calibration of motors and gimbal encoders. greetings
2019-5-13
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Grzegorz. Thank you for reaching out and for sharing these information with us today. I will forward these information/thread to the designated DJI Department. Thank you for your valued support.
2019-5-13
Use props
Grzegorz
lvl.2
Flight distance : 44049 ft
Poland

DJI Stephen Posted at 5-13 09:32
Hello and good day Grzegorz. Thank you for reaching out and for sharing these information with us today. I will forward these information/thread to the designated DJI Department. Thank you for your valued support.

If you get an answer, please let me know if you can count on such a function.
I send greetings from Poland and admire your technology.
2019-5-14
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Grzegorz Posted at 5-14 13:08
If you get an answer, please let me know if you can count on such a function.
I send greetings from Poland and admire your technology.

Thank you for the additional information Grzegorz. Have a safe and happy flying always.
2019-5-14
Use props
Fryc88
lvl.1
Flight distance : 174452 ft
United Kingdom

All i can say - yes, i have same problem. Someone made part of it with screws from plastic, it snapped, without even any crash!
Motor replaced to genuine, and yaw is turned to the right 10-15%. Of course, i've tried calibrating IMU, calibrating gimbal in position as shown by other admin in one post with same problem, didnt help. And adjustment in setting does not look like it is working, well, it is, but only till restart of drone, then settings are back (yaw only, that otherone changes permamently).
So i end up with turned yaw, which makes fligh harder and have no idea what to do with it at this moment...

2019-5-29
Use props
wallscw8gmail.com
lvl.2
Flight distance : 469 ft
  • >>>
United States

Was a solution ever found?
2022-11-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now